PutterHead

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

31 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

159 posts / 27532 viewsLast Reply

What do you use with the big guns...
I've tried lots of different kinds. Currently I have been using the Wedge Tees, but I have ordered some Rockettees, that haven't come yet.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I got a pack of brush tees for X-Mas. I would have never thought of buying them, but now I love 'em! Played on X-Mas day and was surprised how nice they were. Came in a pack of 3, and I don't really think there is a way to break them?

i used to use zero-friction tees until yesterday when i actually cut my thumb tryin to put a tee into the frozen ground. Cuz the tee was plastic it hurt like hell too...
anyways its all about brush tees now i got some for xmas and havent tried them

I play the zero friction not because I buy that bull but because they don't break and I don't have to carry so many tees..... (2-3/4" for driver 1-1/2" for irons)

Zero friction 2 3/4" are the best for the woods off the tee - they do not break, period. I don't know that I buy the claim that they help you with longer drives but I still like them better than wood tees.

wood tee's for me. Long for driver. Short for 3 wood, hybrid, iron. But most importantly they have to be RED!!! nothing else will do.

I've been using the Zero Friction tees for about a year. They do break, but very infrequently and usually because of a bad swing. They're a composite material so they will bend, but you can straighten them back out. I also use the tees that Disney gives out by the handful. They're made of the same material, but have a sharper point than the Zero Friction tees, so it's easier for me to clean the grooves with them.

Arbitrage, i received some Velocitees for Xmas and thought they were a novelty thing! They are put in at a slant, away from the club, so the driver goes up the tee to the ball! How did u like them? I can't see how u can get a consistent height all the time? I got my Rockettees that i ordered in my original post, but haven't tried them yet (a little thing called Winter got in the way) but they seem like they are very cool. Hollow plastic, so they bend and don't come out of the ground, with a coloured band around the bottom for a consistent tee height. In the spring I'll post how they work...