IGNORED

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

Note: This thread is 1420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

What do you use with the big guns...
I've tried lots of different kinds. Currently I have been using the Wedge Tees, but I have ordered some Rockettees, that haven't come yet.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I tried out Brush T's with my driver this year and I really liked them. Im gonna give them another go next season as well.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

i read about the zero friction tees review on the sandtrap site and was intrigued when it was said that these things don't break. they don't and i'm very happy with them.

: Callaway FT-3 w/ UST V2 67S
: Callaway X 15* w/ Fujikura Vista Pro 70S
: Callaway Big Bertha Fusions 3-AW w/ Nippon NSPro 990GH Uniflex
: Callaway 56* & 60* w/ DGS300
: Odyssey White Hot XG #3: Titleist Pro V1

I got a pack of brush tees for X-Mas. I would have never thought of buying them, but now I love 'em! Played on X-Mas day and was surprised how nice they were. Came in a pack of 3, and I don't really think there is a way to break them?

i used to use zero-friction tees until yesterday when i actually cut my thumb tryin to put a tee into the frozen ground. Cuz the tee was plastic it hurt like hell too...
anyways its all about brush tees now i got some for xmas and havent tried them

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

I use wood tees but they have to be long (3 & 1/4 inch!!!)... with all these new jumbo headed drivers....
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I play the zero friction not because I buy that bull but because they don't break and I don't have to carry so many tees..... (2-3/4" for driver 1-1/2" for irons)

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Zero friction 2 3/4" are the best for the woods off the tee - they do not break, period. I don't know that I buy the claim that they help you with longer drives but I still like them better than wood tees.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

wood tee's for me. Long for driver. Short for 3 wood, hybrid, iron. But most importantly they have to be RED!!! nothing else will do.

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I have been using velocitee's for the past season. Once I got the R7460 I moved on and started using the 4" wood tees.

In my bag:

TaylorMade R7 Superquad - 11.5 deg - Diamana Whiteboard 63-S
Tour Edge Exotics - CB2 16 deg - Diamana Redboard 73-S
Taylormade V-Steel 24 deg - Diamana Redboard 83-STaylorMade R7 XD - 5i-AW Project X 6.552 deg Miura Forged Raw56 deg Fourteen MT-28/56V3 60 deg - Fourteen MT-28/60V2 P...

I've been using the Zero Friction tees for about a year. They do break, but very infrequently and usually because of a bad swing. They're a composite material so they will bend, but you can straighten them back out. I also use the tees that Disney gives out by the handful. They're made of the same material, but have a sharper point than the Zero Friction tees, so it's easier for me to clean the grooves with them.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

Arbitrage, i received some Velocitees for Xmas and thought they were a novelty thing! They are put in at a slant, away from the club, so the driver goes up the tee to the ball! How did u like them? I can't see how u can get a consistent height all the time? I got my Rockettees that i ordered in my original post, but haven't tried them yet (a little thing called Winter got in the way) but they seem like they are very cool. Hollow plastic, so they bend and don't come out of the ground, with a coloured band around the bottom for a consistent tee height. In the spring I'll post how they work...

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Yes! Sophia blade

I like the zero tees,and they do break when it's cold out and the ground is hard. I also use wood tees

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I've been using Stinger Tees made right here in Ohio. The head of the tee is smaller and supposedly creates less friction and side spin. I think its all psychological but I like to support things made in Ohio.

www.stingertees.com

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I used the Stinger Tees last year. I had a heck of a time getting the ball to stay on? It seems I spent a lot of time trying to balance them...

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Yes! Sophia blade

For tee shots with the driver: long wood tees.

hear hear

Driver FT-5 9.5-neutral-stiff
Wood Fusion 3 wood 15*-neutral-stiff
Irons X-forged irons 4-W
Wedges Vokey spinned milled 54* bent to 52*,56* and 60*
Putter Tour Blue TT3Balls Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 1420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!