PutterHead

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

61 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

182 posts / 32913 viewsLast Reply

Never paid for tees in my life. I use wood ones that I find or I grab a handful at the country club. I doubt I would be able to tell the difference with "performance" tees anyways.

Zero-friction tees, hands down. I bought a 50 pack about a year ago and still have like 35...and the missing 15 are in probably still in friends' pockets and bags.

You know those friends that get to the first tee box and realize they don't have any tees?...I'll give them ONE zero-friction on the first tee box and not have them ask me for another tee for like...well...lets just say more than a few rounds (and thats probably just because they misplaced it.)

In all honesty I've only broken two of these tees out of this pack in about a year's time....and that was more due to the super hard tee boxes and me accidentally bending them trying to get them in all round.

I spent $20 on a set of three brush tees (is that the right description?) recently, and even the longest one wasn't long enough for my driver. I like to tee it up a fair bit. Bummer, I was p****d. What's with that, anyway?

Based on this thread, I'm going to try the long three-pointer jobs that don't break. I hate finding I don't have a good tee in my pocket when I need it - increases my hook probability by about 50%

I voted zero friction... I use stingers but they are zero friction wood tees so they proably fit into two of your categories.

I just use regular wooden tees at this point in time. Honestly for iron tee shots I generally just find a broken tee left on the tee box. But I think I'm going to buy some zero friction tees sometime soon just based on the comments.

I have used Zero Friction the past few weeks and I really like them. They used to break a lot on my iron shots but they haven't been breaking nearly as much as they used to for me, not really sure why, haha. One of them will usually last me about 18 holes...

I have used Zero Friction the past few weeks and I really like them. They used to break a lot on my iron shots but they haven't been breaking nearly as much as they used to for me, not really sure why, haha. One of them will usually last me about 18 holes...

Don't use them on iron shots. Just drivers, and sometimes 3W if the ground is somewhat soft.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't use them on iron shots. Just drivers, and sometimes 3W if the ground is somewhat soft.

I second this...all I need is basically the head of a broken wooden tee for iron shots. Pushing the zero-friction tees all the way in the ground has to be a pain and surely makes them more susceptible to breaking due to not being able to move any in the ground when pushed all the way in.

Epoch tees. Unbreakable and more user friendly than Zero Friction. And you get 40 long ones and 10 short ones in a package, which is great. I carry one of each in my pocket for driver/3wood and irons off the tee.

I tried out Brush T's with my driver this year and I really liked them. Im gonna give them another go next season as well.

I tried the brush t's and really loved them but found the bristles got distorted I had trouble getting the ball to set up. I also found the bristles coming out after a round or two. Very expensive to be throwing away every couple rounds.

Yeah i use these neon green tee's i buy at McSports for like 5 dollars. I'm going to be ordering something off of rockbottomgolf and im going to try out the zero friction tee.