IGNORED

Lakers???

BrushCaddy
Note: This thread is 4705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, I'm a Lakers fan and no, i'm not going to complain about the blowout but I must vent at how disgusted I am with how Odom and Bynum ended the season.

I'll put the blowout aside, that, I can handle, but deliberately fouling the Mavericks like they did is inexcusable. I hope they both are fined, suspended for some games next year and traded off the Lakers.

I wonder if these guys just wanted out of the game and that was their motive...  if so, i'm even more disgusted.

ok, I feel better.

Thanks

I too am a long time Laker fan, and I was very disappointed at the actions of a few players on the team at the end of the season.    I was a season seat holder through the 80's and early 90's until a couple years after the team moved to Staples, and the one thing that always stood out was that the whole Lakers organization was about class and internal respect and motivation.    The players self-governed themselves and along with the team management and coaches always pushed themselves to rise above their opponents, not just winning games but in being ambassadors for the sport.   They also dealt with their issues internally - the players were really a tight knit group and when there was strife it wasn't played out in the press.

Perhaps it started with the failed Dennis Rodman experiment, but it seems that the team just doesn't reflect that attitude anymore.    Artest is a very good player, but the Lakers of old would never have brought in someone like that - I don't think Magic and Kareem would have stood for it.

The recent actions by Artest and Bynum were simply classless, and I hope that the league takes it seriously and the Lakers' management also doesn't sit on their hands.      Losing is never fun, but at least stand there and take it like a man.

I am pissed at the state of the Lakers.

And the cheap sore loser crap was embarrassing to watch

I feel for Kobe when he has to deal with that crap. He came out strong but no one else did. Lakers need a shake up.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

As a Celtics fan, all I can say is have fun without Phil Jackson. Even if the Celtics don't win this year, we're still leading the way all time.

Fandom aside, what Odom and Bynum (especially Bynum, Odom's was at least borderline) was deplorable, and I hope they get fined heavily. Can't say I feel all that bad for Kobe though.... it's not like he's a saint.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

As a Celtics fan, all I can say is have fun without Phil Jackson. Even if the Celtics don't win this year, we're still leading the way all time.

Fandom aside, what Odom and Bynum (especially Bynum, Odom's was at least borderline) was deplorable, and I hope they get fined heavily. Can't say I feel all that bad for Kobe though.... it's not like he's a saint.

Not personally, but on the court in that game, he was all alone

Anyway, Miami's gonna win, that's all that matters

Still now, I'm feel upset about Lakers. Kobe is a very hard working player, meanwhile he wanna lead Lakers get champion. I can't accept Dallas swept Lakers by 36 scores! How stupid Odom and Bynum done. Why some of them just give up? At the end of this season, it is a bad news for me.

So I got too hammered on Saturday and pretty much slept through all of Sunday, didn't watch any of the game. Saw this thread and went straight to youtube. Lamar's "screen", not the worst thing I've ever seen. I'd imagine that was more out of frustration then anything. Bynum on the other hand, that was just straight up dirty. I'm from L.A. been a Laker fan all my life and have been following Bynum's career. That was very uncharacteristic of him. Not to give him any excuses for his actions of course. Like I mentioned that was a super dirty foul. But, I'm really taken back that he even tried such a move...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I really wanted to see PJ get a shot at one more ring, but I too would step-down after that performance. Interesting to think that we could conceivably see a Mavs/Grizzlies W. Conf. Final. All I can say to that is this year's champ is coming out of the East.

taylormade.gif Burner SuperFast Driver, 9.5* taylormade.gif Rescue 11 2h, 16*
taylormade.gif rac Lt Irons, 3i-Pw, Aw taylormade.gif rac Satin Wedges, 54-10, 58-8 
 Corza Ghost Putter

Not so fast.......don't sleep on the Mavs just yet.  Miami hasn't seen anybody that can match up with them so I'm thinking Chicago can put them out.  From there, who on Chicago can stop Dirk.  Kidd can break down Rose mentally plus if Jet/Peja get hot like they did on Sunday, whoever they see next is in trouble trouble

Originally Posted by ElWagonne

Not so fast.......don't sleep on the Mavs just yet.  Miami hasn't seen anybody that can match up with them so I'm thinking Chicago can put them out.  From there, who on Chicago can stop Dirk.  Kidd can break down Rose mentally plus if Jet/Peja get hot like they did on Sunday, whoever they see next is in trouble trouble

Rose is far too quick for Kidd to do anything and won't have to worry about him. Miami are looking strong. Their defense against the Celtics was a brick wall in their last game and their offense ( the big 3 ) was solid...even Bosh stepped it up

Bulls/Heat will be a a good final

We have next year to watch the Lakers.. if they don't lock them out.  I know they will make some moves ...let's hope they are keepers

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

Originally Posted by ElWagonne

To be honest, I think Miami (or the Celtics, if the manage a miracle) will bulldoze Chicago. In fact, going into the playoffs I was more scared of the Knicks than Chicago. I think either way, the NBA champion is coming out of the east.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Rose is far too quick for Kidd to do anything and won't have to worry about him. Miami are looking strong. Their defense against the Celtics was a brick wall in their last game and their offense ( the big 3 ) was solid...even Bosh stepped it up

Bulls/Heat will be a a good final

If it's Bulls/Mavs, Kidd probably won't be on Rose due to the speed, but outside of that Mavs have no other parts that are overwhelmingly weaker vs the Bulls.  As for the Heat, if Bosh is nervous against the Celtics, how nervous will he be in the Finals playing 10 min. from where he was born and raised.  Wade/Lebron will get their's but everyone else can and should be contained.  I may be a "homer" but I like the Mavs chances.

Note: This thread is 4705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!