IGNORED

Nickent is back!

Note: This thread is 4140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Stretch

That thing looks like it's about two swings from achieving malignant sentience and going straight for your brain stem via the rectum.

I wonder which came first. The “Nickent malignant sentience pipe dream” or the Rossa Monza Spider...

51dPO1y10gL._AA300_.jpg

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Very interesting Tidbit:

Originally Posted by Mercer85

I went to work tonight at Dicks and sure enough we had gotten the Nickent Hybrids and Hybrid/Iron Combo Iron Set. The iron set is not a box set and is $599.99

The 6DX hybrid ($129.99) is an oversized hybrid that reminds me of the Callaway Diablo and Razr Hybrids in looks. The 6DT Hybrid ("Tour" $149.99) looks a lot like the Adams A12 Hybrid. Each of them have VooDoo Shafts in them and the color scheme is awesome. I love the look when it comes to the color scheme, but I hated looking down on the 6DX. It's way too big. I don't like the 6DX because at $149.99, it can't compete with the Mashie or SF2.0.

I went ahead and hit them on some down time. The 6DX felt a little cheap to me. I like the shaft and the looks, but the feel is weird. It's a got a cheap feel and sound. Kind of tinny. Very shallow face as well.

The feel of the 6DT is a little better. Sets up better, a little deeper, and sounds much better. A classic thwack sound.

I wouldn't be against putting the 6DT in the bag, but at the price... nah. I'll pass.

Seems like dicks is at least making some sort of half ass attempt at keeping this brand at a high level of quality.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

I heard a few rumors today one of which I'm not sure I believe but one of which seems kinda logical.

First I heard from a guy who is a fitter at a local golf shop that Nickent was in development of 6DX Driver/Woods and 8DX Hybrids when it went under. He thought there was a good chance dicks just rehashed those designs and slapped on some orange paint. Im not so sure about this, but i kinda hope its true becuase it would mean that at least for their initial year this new Nickent would probably hit and feel a lot like the old Nickent.

Second rumor I heard was that Golf Galaxy is working with Dicks to design and market the club. This one I might believe more and is also one that could be hopeful as Golf Galaxy in my experience doesn't pedal budget entry level type stuff im not sure theyd be willing to stake their reputation on clubs that were not at the very least competitive with other brands.

I believe Dick's owns GG, so they would have to work together.......

Whats in my  Stratus Stand Bag
Driver:  Burner 2.0 9.5°

3 Wood:  R11 15.5°

3 Hybrid:  Burner 2.021°

Irons: taylormade.gif R7 4-PW,AW 
Wedge:  xFT 56° and RAC 60° 

Putter: taylormade.gif Ghost Spider 34"
Ball: srixon.gif Q-Star bridgestone.gif e6/B330-RX

I'm probably one of the biggest Nickent fans you'll stumble upon, but without Hoeflich, my next set is going to be elsewhere.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by imtomtomim

I'm probably one of the biggest Nickent fans you'll stumble upon, but without Hoeflich, my next set is going to be elsewhere.

Any idea where he is now?

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I agree I hope I can keep my nickent set for at least another 2 years then move over to something else. Though someone is going to have to come up with amazing driver to pry my evolver out of my hands. And ive still never swung a hybrid from any year or brand that feels as good as the 3DX RC.

Im Highly jealous of your Arc wedges BTW, WHY OH WHY are there none around lefty?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

Any idea where he is now?

Far as anyone can tell hes not doing anything gold related at least not publicly. I assume hes either working on some top secret stuff or retired because if he wasn't Im sure someone would have hired him by now. Hopefully hes working on a startup called "The Company Formerly Known as Nickent"...

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

• 1 year later...

Has anybody played the 6DX clubs yet, Nickent were innovative clubs for their time ...Evolver driver,gel back irons,cored wedges....maybe the R&D; cost outweighed their sales.

Haven't tried the 6dx but I did game the 7DX 4 and 5 hybrids this year for a few rounds.  Actually some nice sticks, a made for Aldila RIP shaft and Golf Pride White out Grip.

The only knock was that they only came in Reg and Stiff shaft flexes.  I am right on the cusp of the Senior flex / Regular flex fence and normally play Sr flex in my FW's and Hybrids.
I went with the R flex and after cutting them both down an inch they played too stiff for my swing speed.  Hence I was losing too many balls right.

They were pretty forgiving though.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

• 4 months later...

Well you have his crown jewel at least....he said that the Arch Blades were the best club he ever designed in an interview I listened to.

Note: This thread is 4140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!