IGNORED

Does anyone have any weird golf supersitions

popey
Note: This thread is 6135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

QQ suggested that I move my post here also.

I subscribe to the change your ball change your luck thing. I'll usually use about 4-5 different balls during a round. I like to switch when I screw up, i.e. 3 putts, bad reads, bogeys, or just about anything I didn't like about a particular hole. I like to believe that the ball was at fault rather than myself!

First off, pockets I'll keep my divot tool and 4 short white tees in my right pocket during a round (I don't really check it to make sure there are always 4 tees sometimes more sometimes less). Left pocket is a ball mark usually a quarter or one of those plastic ones. Back left pocket is for my glove and back right is where my pen goes.

Secondly, The other thing I am compusive about is how I tee my ball up and align it for putts. I'll have the Titleist logo on top this represents my target or intended line of the putt or shot I'll usually, depending on the shot set my stance to this line, but it must be upside down and the stripe that indicates what kind of ball it is on the front I want to hit the white part of the ball always! Weird huh? Oh yeah and as for ball numbers I like odds 1's and 3's. Together they're bad luck but separate is fine

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always put a silver pocket angel my grandma gave me in my pocket for good luck. I'm not sure if it works or not, but it makes me feel right when I tee off on 1.

Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

Nothing in my left pocket because my glove always snags. I keep one lined "putting" ball in my right pocket with one long tee for drives. For irons off the tee, I'll use a broken one laying in the box as long as the head of the tee isn't chipped. Always with a hat and never with sun glasses. Oh, and I got my socks wet one round so I changed them at the turn. That was the first day I broke 90. I've been doing it ever since.
My Bag

Taylor Made: R580XD, Graffaloy Prototype Comp NT X
Callaway: Hawkeye VFT Pro 13*, Fujikura Vista Pro 70 S
Taylor Made: Rescue Mid TP 16*, Fujikura Vista Pro 90 STop Flite: Tour Grind 3-P, Rifle 5.0Cleveland: CG10 Black Pearl 54*Cleveland: Reg. 485 60*Heavy Putter: B1 malletT...

I picked up this habit from playing hockey.

I always dress left side first then right. Eg, left sock, then right. Left golf shoe, then right.

IMHO, hockey goalies are the most superstitious people on the planet. I never met one that wasn't.

-catfell
In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T 10.5º
3-Wood: Titleist 904F 15º
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20ºIrons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-60GW: Mizuno MP T 51ºSW: Mizuno MP T 56ºLW: Mizuno MP T 60ºPutter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

no superstitions that i am aware of. just something else to think about. maybe that is a superstition.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Im not superstitious, I find that its just a load of bull. I control what kind of shots I hit and how I play with my ability. But I make sure nothing but a few tees are in my left pocket, as Byron nelson said.. never keep anything that will disrupt your swing in any pockets. I cant putt with a glove on. I do believe in karma, and that you should play by the rules of golf.. if you dont, it will reflect in your scores.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Sometimes standing over my tee ball I am struck by an odd sensation that I am never going to see it again.

I think the technical name for this sensation is deja vu.

A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Yes,
I have to have two balls in my front right pocket plus the one I'm playing (total of 3 blls) and my divot repair tool in my front left pocket. I also cannot have anything in my back pockets other than my glove when putting. I prefer to use my balls in this order from a box 1, 3, 2, 4's. Plus I have to have a black line and a small #13 drawn on each ball. I also have to keep my tees tucked in the back of my hat. And I can't wear a wrist watch.

Nothing major....

I don't care how many scuffs and cartpath marks are on my ball. If the momentum is on my side and I'm throwing nothing but birdie and pars on the scorecard I will keep hitting that golf ball. Mojo is something I believe in.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

1. Wash my ball after every hole.
2. Never carry tees in my left pocket.
3. Never use the "natural" colored wooden tees.
4. No extra balls in my pockets.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

Man, some good ones on here. Not sure if the things I do are superstitions, so much as habits, but whatever.

Wet my towel on the way out of the clubhouse. Keeps everything nice and shiny.

Empty out my pockets, then divot tool w/ballmark in right hip pocket. Seven long tees in the left hip pocket.

On driver holes, tuck a tee in the right side of my hat while walking to the tee box (always use that one). Set the ball on the tee at an angle so that I can read the "ProV1x 392" as I'm standing over the shot. I feel like it helps with my alignment. Use that stamp to help line up putts too.

Find and use a broken tee laying around the box on non-driver holes.

At the turn, replace all of the long tees I broke so I start the back nine with seven.

What's in the bag?

Driver: r7 425, 9.5*, ReAx 65 S
Hybrid: FT, 14*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 S 350
Hybrid: 585H, 21*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 SIrons: MP 57, 3-PW, DGS300Wedges: CG10, 54, 58Putter: White Hot #4Ball: ProV1x

Try to stay out of bunkers on the first hole, because if I get into one, then I tend to get into a lot more during the round.

Same thing with a water hazard, avoid getting into the first one and the round goes well that way, go into it and I'll find the water again.

Put the first tee shot in the middle of the fairway. If not its a bad omen.

Don't fly the first green, if I do it's a bad sign of things to come.

Always say a prayer on the first tee. (and other tees when needed )

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Lots of little stuff I do, all stuff I've been doing for a long time, more so habit than anything else.

Three extra long red/pink tees in my right pocket. One tucked behind my right ear that I don't use. Divit tool in the right, ball marker in left. Glove goes in back right when I'm not using it. Other than that nothing in my pockets.

Three green dots around the number on a ProV1x, blue line on the seam but not on where it says . Only have a extra on the first tee, then put it in my bag or in the cart, mental thing about thinking I'll "need" to use it.

Seam the ball on the tee, wrighting down. Same with putts.

1889 Morgan Silver Dollar ball marker, heads down. 100 years before I was born.

All I can think of now, never think about doing any of it anymore.
Driver: SQ 9.5* w/ Aldila NV 65 Stiff
3 Wood: X-Tour 13* w/ Aldila NV 65 Stiff
Irons: 3-PW 695MB w/ True Tempor Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Vokey 250.08 Oil Can, 254.10 Oil Can, SM60.08 Tour Chrome
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3

• 3 weeks later...
I have to have pants with pockets in them, and 2 tees and 2 balls in my right pocket. Then i play good, maybe i should try without onetime and see how i play.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I can't say that I'm superstitious. I do several things the same when I play but only because it's how I organize my stuff to be most accessible.

What I put in my pockets... one ball in each front pocket, both with my mark but different numbers (in case I have to hit a provisional), several tees in the left pocket, and one in the right that I use until I break it, ball mark repair tool and ball marker in right pocket. But like I said, just organization, not superstition.

I guess the one thing that you could call a superstition is that I won't use a pink tee. Haven't done so for 20 years. But if I find any on the course, I will pick them up and give them to my wife...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have any "supersitions" or superstitions either, for that matter. But I do have some rituals and/or habits. I put my wallet, car keys, cell phone (turned off) and pocket change in my golf bag. I get three golf balls, one to tee off with, one for a (heaven forbid) provisional [so I don't have to walk back to the golf cart if I need to hit a provisionsl] or in case I hit a ball into a water hazard or a lateral water hazard; I keep this one in my left back pocket -- the 3rd ball is left in the "ball holder" in the cart -- in case I lose or damage one of the two golf balls [the ball I'm using or the provisional]. I mark my golf balls, above the brand name, with a blue dot and a red dot (Sharpies). In my right side pocket, I have a divot repair tool with a magnetic ball marker and two tees [one long tee for tee shots with a driver & one short tee for tee shots with an iron or fairway wood -- I don't have any hybrids, yet.] Other than that I refuse to call a fairway wood a fairway metal. I figure irons are not made out of iron, usually steel, so if I condescended to calling fairway woods "metals", I would also have to condescend to calling irons "steels". I keep my "personal" scorecard, marking fairway drives, greens in regulation, putts, sand saves/no save on greenside bunkers, and penalty strokes. And I refuse to drink a beer before arriving at the 15th tee box. But, under unusual circumstances, my arm could be twisted.

Note: This thread is 6135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!