IGNORED

Does anyone have any weird golf supersitions

popey
Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have any golf supersitions? Like using the same numbered ball or only a certain coloured ball.

I have a weird one where in my right pocket i put my phone and then in the left have one ball and a tee. (thats not the ball i play with) I have found that when i do not do this i dont play as well! It may be phycological or it may be something to do with the weigthing.

Ive heard quite a few of the pro will only use a certain numbered ball and Colin Montgemerie only uses white tees as not to thing of water hazards. Does anyone know strange things pros do?

Popey
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only play balls with the number 1 or 2 on them never a 3 or 4.. Dont ask me why I just do it that way.. oh and only white pink or blue tees I give all the other ones away..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I don't think I really have any golf superstitions. I was thinking about it and I don't have really do anythings like number of tees, certain ball marker, certain number ball or anything like that.

I need to have my divot tool in my right pocket...

without it, my putting strokes increase exponentially!!!!!!!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I don't really have any right now, but I think I should incorporate a few. I guess one I have is I never use blue tees (BYU) I only use red (Utah) or white tees.
I need to find a ball I like. I currently just play whatever I have, and I don't think I am good enough to tell the difference in ball types yet, but I think I will start playing one type and just see how it goes.
A little off topic, but when I was playing baseball, I always had a Kirby Puckett baseball card in my back pocket.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

I have a couple habits - not sure if I would call them superstitions, just things I have to do to get focused. I take off my watch and wedding ring prior to putting on my glove, and typically don't take my glove off again until the round is over.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Divot tool and ball mark in right pocket, tees in left pocket.
Only use broken tees while teeing off with irons (par 3).
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

I always bury my tee on the 18th tee. Since I won't be hitting any more tee shots, the tee has served its purpose and deserves to be retired.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

I don't really have any right now, but I think I should incorporate a few. I guess one I have is I never use blue tees (BYU) I only use red (Utah) or white tees.

Ha ha, nice job on the Red tees only! Go Utes!

As for the superstitions - I can't ever golf with a watch on. It always bugs me swinging so I bought a Swiss Army pocket watch. It's great. While reading a Bobby Jones book, I noticed that Bob had a pocket watch and a chain with a four-leaf clover on it. It was given to him, I read, by the Atlanta Atheletic Club when he won some Major. I used to work selling jewelry in college, so I ordered one in for the watch chain and soldered it on. Every time I need some luck on a shot or I need to calm down, I rub the clover! Golfers are the most superstitious people on the planet. Guaranteed.
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

Only use red tees unless I'm using an iron off the box then I will use any color (but prefer red) broken tee that is laying around, but it has to be broken.

Only tees and repair tool in pockets. Glove in back right pocket while not hitting.

Dont like to birdie the first.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I'll add my name to the list of people who use broken tees on par 3s. I'll also agree that I ditch my tee on the 18th. If it was a good tee shot, I knock it into the tee box, but if it's a bad shot I find the nearest pond and try to skip it across the water.

I also have this superstition that I never take the good shots on the practice range to the course. I'm not sure if that's superstition or just the state of my game right now, but it never fails.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

Golfers are the most superstitious people on the planet. Guaranteed.

Baseball players are ten times worse than golfers, no question about it! Check this out

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/columns/top...erstition.html I personally am not superstitious other than I will not play with money on me. I have to leave it in my locker or bag. Maybe has to do with if I have money on me then I can lose my bets but if I am without a dime I have to win. Who knows but it seems to work most of the time.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a collection of sea shells that my son put in my bag during a round of golf a few years ago. Everytime I clean my bag, as seldom as that is, I make sure I put my lucky sea shells back in the bag.

I also use broken tees with everything but the driver. Not a superstition. More out of practicality. Why break a tee on every non-driver hole. I can usually get through 18 hole with two long tees and two short ones. Which would bring me to the superstitious side. In mt right pocket, I always have one ball, 4 tees (mentioned above) and my divot repair tool which holds my ball mark. A 1994 Quarter for the year my oldest son was born. I also have a 1998 one in my bag for my younger son. If I find additional balls on the course they go in the bag right away. If I lose one, I grab a replacement before putting the one in my pocket in play.

The only other thing I do has to do with clothes. If I play well in a certain combo of shirt, pants/shorts and hat I will match them up again when they are clean. If I don't play well with a certain combo, they go back in the closet for re-training. Sometimes it's hard to determine which item was actually causing the disturbance so they all need to be punished.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

1 divit tool right pocket. 2long 2short tees right pocket, 1 extra ball right rear pocket, no watch on. Will use broken tee's with irons.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

That isn't the first time someone said they keep 4 tees in their pocket. Is this common? I keep 1 tee in my pocket. I will use broken tees I find on the tee box for par 3's, but I keep those on the tee box when I'm done with that hole.

Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!