IGNORED

My new $17 putter

Note: This thread is 4856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, in my quest to find a new putter I spent a few hours around various golf shops trying out putters and narrowed down the putter I wanted to a few criteria:

- New

- Left handed

- "#9 style" heel shafted flanged blade / toe drop mid-mallet (whatever you call it)

- no insert, milled face

- Under $80

Following those criteria this was next to impossible to find. However, with the help of a fellow member here, I found one on DiamondTourGolf for a whopping $17. The only catch was it only came with a stock 35" shaft (exactly what I need), and no grip (I planned on re-gripping it anyway). So, I figured what the heck, go for it. If it's crap I lost $17 and I can continue my quest, but if its good I just scored myself a $17 putter.

So, it came in today (6 business days I believe). I must say I am very pleased with how it looks. I was worried about the quality of the satin silver/grey finish, and the quality of the milled face. This sucker looks pretty darn close to all of the name brand versions of this putter style. Maybe the only difference I can tell is the finish is slightly less glossy when compared to the White Hot XG #9, which really doesn't bother me and may even help with glare in the bright Florida sun. Anyway, I'm off to a local shop to have this thing assembled with a grip.

Heres a few pics with my crappy photography skills. Tried to get a good shot of the milled face but it was tough. I think the pictures don't really do it justice.

Inazone XC-7 top view

Top.jpg

Back

Back.jpg

Face - though to get a decent shot of the milled face. The quality is comparable to all other milled face designs out there

Face.jpg

Sole - Higher gloss than the rest of the putter. The circular reflections are a product of my crappy camera.

Sole.jpg

Anxious to get this thing out on the putting green.

Great find. Something similar happened to me. I was looking for a new putter and went to golf smith to check a couple out. After a while of putting with a couple different putters, I found the one I wanted. It is a ping i craz-e. I looked at the sticker price and it said 19.99 ( I think someone labled it wrong and forgot a 1 at the beginning). The best $20 I ever spent.

Superfast 2.0 Driver 10.5*

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

• 3 weeks later...

As I stated before,Diamond Tour Golf has good products at a resonable price. Glas you like it. Happy Putting!

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

I might have to look into a nicely priced putter too. Those scotty camerons aren't all they're cracked up to be in my opinion!

In My Bag: 

Driver:  R7 460 10.5˚

Woods:  Burner 3 Wood

Hybrids:  Burner 3-Hybrid 19˚ &  Rescue 4-Hybrid 22˚

Irons:  MP-53 3 Iron- Pitching

Wedges:  56˚ &  CG 14 60˚

Putter:  Rossi White Hot XG Mallet

Note: This thread is 4856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!