IGNORED

910 driver questions

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone hit or own a Titleist 910 d3  or d2.  I currently play with a 9* G15 Ping.  I have made myself beleive that more loft would improve my driving distance and accuracy.  Really, I just got the fever to buy something.

Any information and/or reviews would be appreciated.

What would you like to know. I have the 910 D3 with the Project X shaft and 8.5 degree head. Absolutely bomb this driver. Can also move it either direction.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

• Administrator

There's a pretty good review right here if you wanted to read something...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The review is spot on (nice work Eric).  I just bought one.  Get fitted though. Launch angle for the D2 (10.5) was higher than my R9 (10.5), which I needed.  I've hit the G15 10.5 and it also launches higher than the R9.  I spent time with the fitter picking the correct shaft to get my launch angle and spin rate in the right range for my swing speed and attack angle.  I would highly recommend you get fitted.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I was fitted by Titleist for an entire set and played with both d2 and d3. d3 is more if you look to draw or fade off the tee. (if i try that I slice and hook the hell out of the ball) its a little smaller but bombs! the d3 is a little bigger but more for the people looking to get it straight. I smashed both really well. the feel is great with both d2 and d3. I think the standard shaft options are amazing and are going to make a hell of a difference. If you want a killer driver you cannot go wrong with the 910 series. Fitting is a must i added 25 yards to my drive by just being fitted well. :)

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
Wood: Titleist 910Fd
Hybrid: Titleist 910H
Irons: Titleist AP1
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56/11 60/7
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2

Erik's review is great read up

best line Titleist has put out since the 905 series

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I was wondering about purchasing this driver as well, and I wanted to know where would be the best places to get fitted for the proper shaft?  I currently have an Adams Speedline, which I love by the way, but I have a Prolaunch Axis Blue shaft which is a High Launch.  I am hitting this a little too high now and I feel that I am losing yards because of it.  Thanks for your help!

I have a 910 D2 9.5* and have improved with it by leaps and bounds. Im no longer afraid in the tee box! As others have mentioned, get fit for sure. The stock shaft is really nice and stable (Kai'li S). Once your fitting is complete it's cool to mess around with the Titleist head adjustments. I'm a C4 :)

910D2 9.5°
 Baffler Rail Fairway 3F 15.5°
IDEA Tech V3 3i 19°

G20 Hybrid  23°
JPX800PRO 5-GW

SM 56°, 64°
  KOMBI-S Mid 43"

Originally Posted by jest

Has anyone hit or own a Titleist 910 d3  or d2.  I currently play with a 9* G15 Ping.  I have made myself beleive that more loft would improve my driving distance and accuracy.  Really, I just got the fever to buy something.

Any information and/or reviews would be appreciated.

It might, but you won't really know unless you get properly fitted. By your handicap you're a pretty good player, what's your ball flight like with the G15 and do you happen to know your driver swing speed?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!