famousdavis

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

291 posts / 181313 viewsLast Reply

Hi

Been playing 4-9 Ping G irons plus Glide 2.0 wedges and also have a Ping Eye 2 2 iron as a "get from under trees club"  because if its low ball flight and absolutely  love it.

The 2 iron has been reshafted and fitted with a Regular Graphite shaft.

Thinking of going retro and getting more Ping Eye 2 irons and intend to also get them reshafted my question is:

Is Ping Eye 2 standard less usable than Ping Eye 2 + and if could get a set of Ping Eye 2 Berryllium Copper would they be better that either of the steel clubs?

regards 

Harry

6 hours ago, Harry Ward said:

Hi

Been playing 4-9 Ping G irons plus Glide 2.0 wedges and also have a Ping Eye 2 2 iron as a "get from under trees club"  because if its low ball flight and absolutely  love it.

The 2 iron has been reshafted and fitted with a Regular Graphite shaft.

Thinking of going retro and getting more Ping Eye 2 irons and intend to also get them reshafted my question is:

Is Ping Eye 2 standard less usable than Ping Eye 2 + and if could get a set of Ping Eye 2 Berryllium Copper would they be better that either of the steel clubs?

regards 

Harry

Hello and welcome to TST. What exactly do you mean by ‘better?’ It’s really your own preference. The Ping Eye2’s certainly have an enduring reputation. You may see a drop in distance going from the more modern G irons to the Ping Eye2. The G irons are designed to get the ball in the air easier. As far as the BC it’s really just a matter of what you like. Performance wise I don’t think there’s any significant difference. If you could get a Ping Eye2 7i and hit it for comparison with your G iron you’ll be able to make a better decision.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks

Just wanted an opinion as to whether there was any real difference between the Steel and the Copper versions.

Not too fussed at maybe losing a bit of distance as in the end this is a heart versus head issue 😎

Harry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.