IGNORED

Still looking to break 80

lafam1
Note: This thread is 4684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by famousdavis

Breaking 80 only counts if you play from the blue tees. I would recommend taking some lessons, getting a pair and playing Ping Eye 2s.

Haven't been banned yet?

Strange

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Breaking 80 only counts if you play from the blue tees. I would recommend taking some lessons, getting a pair and playing Ping Eye 2s.

Who says? It doesn't matter what tees he plays from. He may play from the whites every round and breaking 80 would still be an accomplishment for him.

Driver- TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 9.5*

Driver- Calaway Diablo 13*HT

Woods- Callaway Diablo 3 FW / Callaway Diablo 5 FW

Hybrids- Callaway Diablo 3 Hybrid / Callaway Diablo 4 Hybrid

Irons- Callaway Diablo Edge 5-PW

Putter- Odyssey White Ice #3

Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

http://Shotly.com

Blue tees, i have seen blue tees that have course distances ranging from 5700 to 6700 yards, i have been on courses with no blue tees..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Personally those clubs are way too ugly for me to even think about. To OP: learn how to hit a driver and get a real HC. You can't properly assess yourself playing from junior tees.

Originally Posted by lafam1

I don't have any distance so I play from the whites shot an 87 with 2 triples and a bunch of missed putts.

If you have no distance, maybe you should move up another tee.

Well, first, welcome to the sand trap.  Second.  If you want to get longer, get some lessons.  Do you have a big or even slight slice?  There are lots of things you can do to hit longer.  What is your average drive distance now?

If you want to get better and hit longer, get some lessons.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

It was cute and funny when you were trolling your own thread, but your ignorance won't help others.  Other than the "taking lessons" part, your post is useless.  If the white tees are appropriate for his length/handicap, it certainly counts.

Brandon

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Work on putting first. Learn from green to tee. You said you missed a lot of putts...I'm sure that means you 3-putted at least once. Just go to a practice green and spend at least an hour there. Do that as often as you can...preferably every 2 or 3 days. Putting will kill you if you don't work on that. Then you can work on your distance. Maybe even take lessons, or just learn things you can change in your swing for more distance off the tee. And stay on the white tees, don't listen to that troll.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

I don't see what the big deal is between white tees in blues tees. Maybe its just in my area but the difference on the courses I've played is 10 yards at most. Before I stopped playing 6 years ago I played from both tees and my scores were never much different, sometimes better on the blues, sometimes not. I usally just play from whatever tees my group is playing from. To come on here though and tell someone that their score doesn't really count because its not the blue tees or to get a real HC from the blue tees is just plain idiotic.

Ever think that maybe there is a bigger distance for other courses? For some holes at my course there is about a 40 or so yard difference and you're looking at a stroke difference for every hole like that if you have distance problems (as the op stated)..so basically what you're saying is that because i'm not a good putter, i can move each putt 15% closer and still have a real hc.

Originally Posted by Bpurc22

Ever think that maybe there is a bigger distance for other courses? For some holes at my course there is about a 40 or so yard difference and you're looking at a stroke difference for every hole like that if you have distance problems (as the op stated)..so basically what you're saying is that because i'm not a good putter, i can move each putt 15% closer and still have a real hc.

Ever think to read my whole post and see that I said maybe its just in my area, and that I was referenceing to the courses I play.

Originally Posted by Bpurc22

Yeah try 160 yard par 3 to 220 yard par 3. Certainly makes it a big difference. I think there is about 300 yards difference at my course but I do tend to shoot pretty much the same score regardless of what tee I play. On the few holes that are longer I am just hitting a 4i instead of 6i or maybe 6i instead of 9i.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Work on putting first. Learn from green to tee. You said you missed a lot of putts...I'm sure that means you 3-putted at least once. Just go to a practice green and spend at least an hour there. Do that as often as you can...preferably every 2 or 3 days. Putting will kill you if you don't work on that.

Then you can work on your distance. Maybe even take lessons, or just learn things you can change in your swing for more distance off the tee.

And stay on the white tees, don't listen to that troll.

+1.  About all I would change is putt every day , even if it's on the living room rug.  10 minutes 7 days a week is worth more than an hour a day twice a week.

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

To break 80........work on chipping and putting.

it's simple.....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!