IGNORED

My Swing (CuppedTin)

CuppedTin
Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Guys,

I'm new but this technology with uploading videos is awesome.  Please feel free to be honest and tell me what you think. I'm working on keeping my shoulders back/square (not rolled forward) and my right arm straighter at the top of my backswing... Any advice would be great.

In this picture I am swinging a Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 with a Fujikura 360 stiff shaft

Can someone please give me a tip or drill for keeping my lead arm (straighter), i realize that I do not need to lock it but it seems to bend too much.

Thanks

you're lifting up your upper body in the downswing and coming out of your inclination to the ground aka spine angle. stay down and sweep through the ball and extend in the direction your momentum is going, feel like you're making the ball stay on the face as long as you can.

Stack and Tilt Beginner Ok, I like to think of myself as a solid golfer. I'm a good 10 handicap with in my opinion and have a Tour Caliber game on and around the greens. But I am an inconsistent ball striker. So the last couple of days I have been watching Iacas S&T; videos and many more. I know I have a ways to go but I'm up for it. To each his own, but to me it just seems like a more repeatable golf swing... I had very solid contact for my first go at this. I'm not looking for 340 yard drives, I'm just wanting a consistent repeatable swing... [IMG]http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4e018-2558-7e14.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4e018-2572-415c.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4e018-2581-c83d.jpg[/IMG] [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40NdMw4ZYL4[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAhciGEkiaY[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsDqPIfDXuE[/VIDEO]

hummm

pic 3

your flipping

go to you tube and look at the vids shawn clements

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

I really like how much weight you get in front of the ball at impact. Address: Set up so your hands are ahead of the clubface. Grip looks a bit strong and rear shoulder should be more level with the front shoulder. could outturn your feet a bit more. Backswing: Lots of good things here--good hip turn, you stay centered, great leaning into the front side at the top, really nice hip push forward at the top. I'm amazed how flat you get your right wrist. If I were to nitpick, you could turn your shoulders on a bit steeper plane, and you might be over side tilting a tad. Honestly, you have a great backswing. Forward swing: work on the flying wedge and extending more with your spine and pushing your pelvis forward (tucking the butt). You get so much of your body in front of the ball (good thing), but with the lack of spine and front leg extension, you will risk hitting low overdraws. The more you extend your spine and front leg, the more you will be able to extend your arms maintaining the wrist hinge.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Ok, so here is what I'm going to work on: 1: Flying Wedge on Downswing (I'll have to google it because I've never heard that term before) 2. Pushing Pelvis Forward on Downswing 3. Straight leg on downswing and extend the spine (not sure how to do this) These videos are my first ever attempts at the S&T; swing. I've not read any of the material yet, I just watched some YouTube videos and ran outside and tried to copy the swing. So it may take some time to get use to the terminologies... Thanks for the help guys.

I'd make the set up changed first (easiest to change) see Eric Axley's position at address [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEQRfvjvJiw&playnext;=1&list;=PLD33E5D26034BF069[/VIDEO] Then work on the extension/flying wedge [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleZH2nRy9U[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYRLdKk32U[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

I'd make the set up changed first (easiest to change)

see Eric Axley's position at address[if IE]> Then work on the extension/flying wedge[if IE!>

Yep, I like your plan. I would weaken your grip a touch. You already do such a great job of moving forward, it's the spine, front leg, and arm extension going into impact that you should work on. Take a look at Axley's impact position in the video--see how well he gets his arms extended. In order to create the room (not hit the ground behind the ball with great arm extension), you need to maintain the flying wedge and extend spine and front leg. Agree, the golf swing is a complex motion. The principles of stack and tilt simplify the swing resulting in efficiency, accuracy, distance, and consistency.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Originally Posted by uttexas

Yep, I like your plan.

I would weaken your grip a touch.

You already do such a great job of moving forward, it's the spine, front leg, and arm extension going into impact that you should work on.

Take a look at Axley's impact position in the video--see how well he gets his arms extended. In order to create the room (not hit the ground behind the ball with great arm extension), you need to maintain the flying wedge and extend spine and front leg.

Agree, the golf swing is a complex motion. The principles of stack and tilt simplify the swing resulting in efficiency, accuracy, distance, and consistency.

Without even going to the range I can see exactly what I am doing right away, and it helps that Eric and I are both lefties! If you look at Eric at :06 you will see that his pelvis is pushing forward which would mean only one thing, a better straightening of the arms and spine. If you notice my first picture, my pelvis remains back, I make no point to push it forward.

Ok, in this picture you can clearly see that my pelvis is staying back which makes it impossible to get full extension out of my arms. So am I right by saying that I need to move by pelvis toward the ball instead of keeping it back? So will this allow me to extend my arms and straighten my spine?

StackandTilt1.PNG

I agree with uttexas and just going to add one piece I see on the backswing

Cupped Tin 1.jpg

Cupped Tin 2.jpg

Cupped Tin 3.jpg

edit: oops sorry meant right shoulder in the 3rd pic!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

I totally get what you are saying! Just standing up right now I can do my old move as pictured above and then do your move by dropping the shoulder 8-9 inches and not only does my plane get steeper but I have a much better vantage (view) point of the ball.

Ok, So let's say that I get to this position at the top, so by now due to my leg work my hips have naturally shifted towards target and my shoulders are now bringing the club in from the inside. Here is where it seems that I leave my butt/pelvis away from the ball. If I am right on this I am thinking that here is where I am having the problem with the flying wedge and keeping my arms/spine extended. But could all this really be as simple as pushing my tailbone forward and extending the spine which would result in a greater arc. In this pic you can see that my butt/pelvis remains out and it seems to cram my arms up from extending.

StackandTilt2.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by mvmac

Thanks for all the help guys... It is really amazing how much changing to the correct setup position can really change your swing. Here is what I have changed step by step:

1. First set of pictures: I have taken the side tilt away from the target out of my swing at address. If you were to draw a line from the nose to the ball on both pictures you will see that having that side tilt (too much) already had me in a bad position from the start. Also, by not over tilting it has also allowed mt to setup with 70/80 percent of the weight on my front inside leg.

2. Second set of pictures: By setting up without so much side tilt, it has allowed me to drop my rear shoulder 8-9 inches and back 8-9 inches...

3. Third set of pictures: By getting into the correct position on the first and second set of pictures it has naturally made my swing plane steeper at the top, and combined this with my already stellar/graceful/beautiful/poetic footwork and flat wrist at the top, I think I'm ready to classify myself as a dedicated S&T; Player...

Ok, so I'm making text book divots but they have a slight tail to the inside and I know exactly what I am doing. On the back swing I am bringing my lead shoulder 8-9 inches down, but at the start of the downswing I am obviously coming out of my spine angle and going after the ball with my shoulders level. What is a drill to make sure that I keep my spine angle and return the lead shoulder on the same path that it took on the back swing?

I can do this perfect on half swings, but once I take a full swing I always seem to turn my shoulders through on a level plane...

Ok, here is some updated videos of my swing and what I have been working on:

1. Weight Forward

2. More Level Shoulders

3. Maintaining Spine Angle Through Impact

4. Trying to Hold Flying Wedge

I know I still have a long way to go but I have managed a 75/77/75 my last three rounds

I have only missed 1 fairway off the tee in my last 3 rounds, but I am only averging 240-250 off the tee, I am focusing on half swings and holding my flying wedge with the driver. Great Ball flight with lots of roll. Sounds weird but I actually feel as if I am hitting down on the ball with my driver.

Driver:

7 Iron:

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!