IGNORED

Just read very disturbing news... Nike re-signs Michael Vick

Alohaed
Note: This thread is 4618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't believe that I gave you permission to do so. You are going to have to continue to use and support those companies that I have never even heard of!

Originally Posted by jamo

Done!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see how ditching your gear helps things.  Maybe just cut the logos off or black them out.

If you want to not buy new stuff like a #7 Eagles shirt then I understand.  He was like a Hannibal Lechter of dogs.  If you ever got to read the details it was sick.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't approve of people who hold someone to the standard that they were at years ago. It just doesn't make sense to judge a current someone based solely on a mistake in their past.

For what it's worth, Mike Vick did not make "a" mistake, he repeatedly made a whole series of mistakes over a number of years.  His sponsorship and involvement in illegal dog fighting and sadistic torture of dogs was ongoing for a long time.

Still I'm not the boycott type and it is obvious that many athletes are going to be living on the wrong side of your moral fence.  My approach is to avoid ever deifying an athlete, buying jerseys, collecting autographs and so forth because I don't know these people and I'm an adult.  I love watching games but don't really believe the feature stories or commentary about so and so being such a great person and role model.  Like when TW went down in flames, the first thing Jim Nantz is doing is going out of his way to say that PM is a great family man blah blah - my thought was you were saying that about TW too before all this, now you're talking up PM, we don't know these people; please just show golf and discuss the event.

Note: This thread is 4618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!