IGNORED

Initial thoughts on Footjoy Reelfits

Note: This thread is 6281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A couple weeks ago the nice man from UPS dropped off a new pair of the Footjoy Reelfits . I've only had a chance to wear them around the house and hit some balls on the range...but let me tell you, they are sweet.

You just slip them on and make a few turns of the knob on the back of the heel and you're done. I've never had a shoe (golf or otherwise) fit so well. I'm curious to see how they do over a full round, but I've enver been disappointed by a Footjoy before and I don't expect anything different.

And getting them off is even easier. Just pull the knob and you're done. Simple.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was in a foursome (well, four ball match) the other day and after a few holes I noticed one of the guys was wearing Footjoy Reelfits, although at the time all I knew was they were Footjoys and they didn't have laces and had this goofy looking thing on the back. The guy loved them and highly recommended them to the three of us who had shoe laces . . . Most likely, when my fairly new lace up Footjoys get some wear on them, I'll probably look into some Reelfits.

• Administrator
I too love mine, but I've just been using them around the house. Like most FJs, I found the break-in time to be next to nil.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That technology is a great idea! I went to the linked FootJoy website and took a look at them, and my only problem is how they look. I think the styling is a little bit funky. But maybe I just like a more classic look - I wear FootJoy Classics and couldn't be happier. I got them back in college through the team for dirt cheap, but now I need a new pair and I'm not willing to throw down $250 for a pair of shoes. I dont mean to threadjack, but does anyone know of a good looking, comfortable pair of golf shoes for under $150? Does anyone have Ecco golf shoes?

Clubs
Titleist 983E 9.5 degrees (stiff Fujikura 757)
Titleist 904F 13.0 degrees (stiff Graffaloy Blue)
Callaway Big Bertha 5 wood (steel)
Mizuno MP-37 3-9 (DG S300)Cleveland Form Forged 48 degree Cleveland RTG 56 degreeCleveland RTG 60 degreeScotty Cameron Newport Tei3, 35"Titleist ProV1Ping...

I dont mean to threadjack, but does anyone know of a good looking, comfortable pair of golf shoes for under $150? Does anyone have Ecco golf shoes?

With the new Adidas Tour 360II coming out, you can find last years for 129.99, which is down from 179.99.

Super comfortable...
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

My SP-8 TW Tour's are really an incredible shoe.

Not usually a fan of 's golf shoes, these shoes have the total package.

I own the black pair, I will probably buy the white pair in the summer.

They are easily the coolest looking shoes out.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

• Administrator
With the new Adidas Tour 360II coming out, you can find last years for 129.99, which is down from 179.99.

They give me blisters. I've come to find that a great golf shoe for one person gives another blisters - and vice versa. FootJoys have always fit me perfectly, and Adidas shoes have always given me blisters. A friend of mine can't wear Nike spikes - blister city, but loves Adidas. And so on.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had a pair of trainers with the same idea and they were so comfortable but after looking at the footjoy version im not sure. I dont like the way of the thing at the back it just sticks out and looks horrible. The pair of Puma trainers i had, had the screw on the tongue of the shoe so it did not get in the way.

I think that the idea is good but the way that they have done it is not quite as good as it could be. But if they are comfortable then ill maybe buying a pair.
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

Those are my thoughts exactly, popey.

Does that thing really stick out of the back of the shoe the entire time? It would be 100 times better if you could take it off while you are playing...
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• Administrator
Those are my thoughts exactly, popey.

Why? It doesn't stick out very much, and it doesn't get in the way. Given the choice between shoelaces that come untied or something I don't even see, I'll take the latter.

Can you not tie your shoes?

I have just classic FootJoy GreenJoys and only need to tie them when I put them on at the course. They seem to stay tied the entire round too...

To each their own I guess.
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Wow suprised theres not velco shoes for people who cant tie there laces!!!!

THeres gap in the market if titleist or any other company are reading this thread. I want a cut of the profits tho

Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

I have seen velcro closures for golf shoes, but seed pods, thistles and all sorts of stuff can get stuck in there too. (Assuming that your golf game takes you to the kinds of places that mine takes me.)

I'm not nearly as interested in the need not to tie as I am in how comfortable everyone is saying these shoes are. That will probably get me to try them even if the closure is a bit weird. Plus, while I CAN tie my shoes, and though, yes, they do generally stay tied all through a round, those times that they do come untied are usually at the worst times. Eliminating those moments, which always seem to be in the rain, would not be bad at all.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Well what happens when the laces break normal shoes you can buy new laces wot bout new steel lacces, i dont think so. that will mean sending back to titleist for weeks and no golf few a while or even new shoes.

Do they come with a lace guarentee?
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425

Well what happens when the laces break normal shoes you can buy new laces wot bout new steel lacces, i dont think so. that will mean sending back to titleist for weeks and no golf few a while or even new shoes.

popey,

I've had some issues with Footjoy quality control recently, which have since been sorted out. However, to their credit, Footjoy has always stood behind their product very well, and are very quick with replacing defective products with zero hassle and a very quick turnaround time. Shoes are incredibly abused, but even past their guarantee date, Footjoy has always made their customers happy. As far as the reelfits go, I'll stick with traditionally laced shoes. Boa technology just isn't worth the price. I'd rather spend the money on a pair of Eccos, or GF-II.

I believe they do come with a lifetime guarantee on the lacing system. It is not like this is really new, just new to golf. Reel fit is common on Ski boots, Ice skates and certain specialized climbing gear etc. I am curious, my feet are unusually narrow at the ankle and wide at the toe, I usually wear 10 or 10 1/2 EEE or EEEE shoes, but sometimes the are not tight enough in the ankle, I get one size narrower and have the toes stretched, not very good for the shoe. Would this system accomodate my odd foot shape?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I believe they do come with a lifetime guarantee on the lacing system. It is not like this is really new, just new to golf. Reel fit is common on Ski boots, Ice skates and certain specialized climbing gear etc. I am curious, my feet are unusually narrow at the ankle and wide at the toe, I usually wear 10 or 10 1/2 EEE or EEEE shoes, but sometimes the are not tight enough in the ankle, I get one size narrower and have the toes stretched, not very good for the shoe. Would this system accomodate my odd foot shape?

allin,

Believe it or not, Boa technology got its start in horse boots, to protect their hoofs from rocky terrain better than conventional horse shoes. http://www.easycareinc.com/our_boots...Boa_Boots.aspx For your wide feet, I would go with a shoe like the Classics Tour, Dry Premier, or Eccos. What determines comfort for wide feet is much more cut of the shoe itself rather than lacing systems. If the shoe is not cut to fit properly, you will still have issues with blisters and chafing. The three shoes I mentioned are expensive, but are that price for a reason, they are cut to fit correctly and come in multiple size / width configurations than other shoes on the market.

• Administrator
Can you not tie your shoes?

I never said I couldn't. I did suggest that occasionally shoes come untied during a round. They do. It can be annoying.

As others have replied, they won't break, and if they ever did, FootJoy would likely just give you a new pair.

For your wide feet, I would go with a shoe like the Classics Tour, Dry Premier, or Eccos.

Let's stick to topic. If y'all want to give and get shoe advice, please start another thread.

The GF:II (a great golf shoe) is only about $20 cheaper than the ReelFit(s). Dave has both (as do I), so perhaps he'll return to comment on the difference. For $20 to $30, I'll take the ReelFits every time, but I walk when I play golf, too. If you ride, I'm not sure it's worth spending more than $100 on shoes.

Note: This thread is 6281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!