IGNORED

The 2011 British Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is a lot of golf to be played yet. Westwood and Harrington could still sneak in.  Too early to tell.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Westwood missed the cut. So did Gmac and Harrington. Unless a serious gale comes in

Did not see that coming. Westwood and Gmac missing the cut.

Peter Uhlein is playing well. Hope he makes a top 10

Hopefully Rory has a good round.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I can't see that many coming back at them to be honest.

Originally Posted by shades9323

There is a lot of golf to be played yet. Westwood and Harrington could still sneak in.  Too early to tell.

I can't see that many coming back at them to be honest.

thats how these majors play, you never know whos going to win or make the cut. I learned that when I had to make picks for the masters tournament, alot of times guys you least expect will be at the top of the leaderboard and guys you thought would win dont make the cut

And here comes the Rory charge (hopefully)

At least you're optimistic

Tom Watson's ace was awesome. Out of anyone playing - he was the best guy to see it happen to

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6771813

Glad to see George Coetzee up there. He's got a lot of game and is in good form at the moment, coming off top three finishes in the Scottish Open and BMW International. He's 24 and I think about ready to break through on the Euro tour. Unknown South Africans winning The Open two years in a row might be a bit too much to hope for though!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seven players need to drop to 4-over to move the cut down to that level. The guys at that mark shouldn't be making any travel plans yet.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Donald has found a bunker lie even he can't get out of, and his tournament is over. The world's top two players, on their home soil, are not going to figure in the weekend's proceedings.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

You just can't rely on Donald when it comes to the Majors.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Can somebody remind me what Tom Watson's elongated sendoff at last year's Open Championship was about?  Maybe I was mistakenly under the impression he was done playing at the British, but was it actually more about playing that specific course?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Can somebody remind me what Tom Watson's elongated sendoff at last year's Open Championship was about?  Maybe I was mistakenly under the impression he was done playing at the British, but was it actually more about playing that specific course?

Brandon

Think that was his goodbye to St. Andrews, since it's unlikely he'll be playing there in 5 years time.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!