IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I use a 905R driver with a X-Flex Graffaloy Blue Shaft. Its a nice set up for my swing speed and I can control the shape nicely. Its not that forgiving though.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like ping and taylormade although taylormade is a little oversold but they do make a nice product

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I just picked up a Cleveland HiBore XLS- I demoed this a while back and have been lusting after it ever since. I finally pulled the trigger today, I cannot wait for my round tomorrow!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Well used to have a 907.D1 with the Aldila Crap Grid shaft, 10.5.
But just changed to a 905R with a Graffaloy Prolaunch Blue, 9.5, which is a lot better, in terms of control, feel and distance.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I am using the Macgregor Mactec NVG2. That stock shaft works for me. I thought that the Nike SQ was too 'whippy' for me (and it was a regular shaft).

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Just ordered a Titleist 975D 8.5*. I know it's old but for $20 i couldn't pass it up.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

This driver and club thing is crazy!!

I tried several drivers and bought the Taylor Made Burner about 3 months back. Can hit it pretty well but not always straight. Played with a friend of mine last Saturday and he is hitting his drives straight and long EVERY time.
He says it is the easiest driver to hit that he has ever owned. So he lends me his club and I hit it on three different holes long and perfect straight.
It was a Callaway Big Bertha 460 (2007)

I have been biting my lips and having shaking episodes trying not to run and buy one. How can I explain to my wife another $200 on a driver within 3 months!!!

Just bought a Titleist 905R GD ys+6 Reg . . . tough club to get used to, first range sesson I couldn't hit it, 2 sesson started to bomb it but required it's own set up and forward ball position.

It seems that the club has massive potential but requires a seriously commited swing, probably the most difficult driver I've ever hit, but the feedback from the club really seems to pump me up and want to hit it harder next time, that's one of the secrets of the Titleist drivers.

If you are seriously strong and can really load up the shaft and like to crush the ball, this driver could do wonders for you.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I use my Taylormade R7 Draw 460 Stiff Flex and I love it. I can carry on average 260+ with a draw. My old driver was an AMF Progression 400 Senior Flex (My swing speed is about 110-115- so it was a bad fit) that I got from a friend who won it at a golf outing. I used to have a fade, but the R7 has me hitting draws now. Only bad thing is if you hit straight or a draw this club will have you hooking.

"What is best about a great victory is that it rids the victor of the fear of defeat. 'Why not also lose for once?' he says to himself; 'now I am rich enough for
that'" -Nietzsche

In My Stand Bag:
R7 Draw 9.0 Deg Stiff Flex Driver AMF Progression 3 Wood SUMO2 3/20 Deg Hybrid & CPR 4/24 Deg...

I'm using the Titleist 907 D1 now, but at times I favor my ol trusty 905R when the game is absolutley needed to be had. I also bought a new Callaway ERC Hot (Japan) from eBaY; it has potential as it is very long on tee, but it still goes left or right sometimes so it cant be trusted yet.
Tools of the Trade :

Driver 907 D2 9.5* Fujikura (stiff) or 905 R 9.5* Diamana white (stiff) or ERC Hot (japan) 10* Fujikura Speeder 586 Tour Spec (stiff)

Woods/Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19* & Reax SF65 (Graphite Stiff) X hot 3 woods 15* Fujikura (stiff) Irons: ZM Forged Irons 3-9 Steel (stiff) Wedges...

I use a Ben Hogan Big Ben CS-5. It has served me well, but it's about to be decommissioned. It's really starting to show its age, and I feel like it's losing a little bit of its pop for some reason or another. Great driver though.

Driver: Big Ben C-S3
3w: Tight Lies
Irons: T-Zoid True
Wedges: Vokey 56* and 60* spin-milled
Putter: unknown 3-ballBall: HX-Tour/Tour ix

I know this sounds like I've downgraded, but after reading some reviews and getting a GREAT deal on it, I purchased a Northwestern Pro Plus 460cc 10* driver. Beleive it or not, everything I've read is positive. Hopefully I'll be happy with it even if it isn't a big name club.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I am hoping to get a Nike Sumo 5900 Driver within the next few weeks, but havnt decided if its the one for me yet :/

Current Bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 V2 Stiff
Irons: G10 Steel
Hybrid: Intec King Par Ripper 3
Putter

I picked up a used R7 425 club off Ebay and I love it. Best $75 I've ever spent.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

I am currently using a Cleveland 460 Launcher with the stock stiff shaft and 10.5 degree loft. This is the solid titanium model and I have several of them - I swith occasionally to a 9.5 degree model with a pro launch graffaloy shaft.

I prefer this driver over any of the new models I tested. The only other driver I play with is the MP-001 460 from Mizuno. These are two of the best drivers ever made. The Mizuno is a beautiful club.

The Cleveland is straight, but does tend to launch the ball higher than others I have hit. I tend to hit boring, low balls anyway, which is good in Iowa due to the wind.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

Note: This thread is 4061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!