IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Mizuno MP-33s. Got my old set rechromed and regrooved and put PX 5.5 shafts in them....love them!

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics 9* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Shaft
3 Wood: Titleist 906F2 15* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
5 wood: Taylor Made V Steel 18* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
Hybrid: Nickent Hybrid 3 iron with DG S300 Steel Shaft
Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW...

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've always been a Titleist person. love the control they give my shots.
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

I am kind of in-between irons right now.

I am looking at the Mizuno mx-19s, Callaway 06 Big Bertha, and the Tour Edge QL jmax.

Anyone use any of these and really liked them?
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

See Signature. And I love them.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

I play Genex ARC Blade irons, 3-PW TT DG S300, they came in the mail yesterday!!!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Mizuno MP-33 would get the 37's if i had the money
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I have played Mizuno forged irons for my last 10 years and I love the look, the feel and have improved my game every time I swtidched clubs

Currently play mp 33 irons 5- PW, mp 30 previously and Mizuno comp ez

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Titleist 735CM
Absolutely love them. I'm still quite a bit better in my head than on the course but with these I can shape my shots (draw is easier than a fade for me) and I still prefer my long irons to any hybrid.

Currently have Dimension Z, Z2 irons in the bag. I've been happy with them, but they're a few years old and I'm thinking strongly about new irons this spring. On the list to try are:

Mizuno (mp57, mx25)
Callaway (x20, x20 tour, xforged)
Ping (i10, g10)

I've been reading some of the other threads trying to find out what people like/dislike about what they have.

Cleveland TA4's that I bought used for $50 from the PGA Tour Superstore. I love 'em!!!

In the bag:
Driver: Launcher TiO460
Fairway woods: Launcher
Hybrid: Slingshot 23*
Irons: TA4 4-9,P,DWedge: 588 56* sand, 60* lobPutter: White Hot XG

Adams Idea Pro forged = possibly the most beautiful players iron ever made that is not a blade / muscleback. It has a wonderfully thin topline, minimal offset, and a non-glare satin finish. Feels like butter (on solid hit), goes whichever way it's told, and lets you know how well you struck the ball. Also, can't beat the Black Gold shafts... feel better than rifle in my opinion, and look better.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 2 weeks later...
Lost Ball has used Tit DCI's for some time now and loves them even though distance is becoming a factor as I think the clubs are getting little used
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

I have a set of Titleist DCIs I have played with for several years. My game needed a great deal of improvement so I just purchased a set of Cleveland HiBore irons and shaved 7 strokes off my average the first round with them! Hopefully after I get used to them I can shave off even more.

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!