IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Bill Weiting is the fellow from www.conquestgolf.com that makes my clubs for me. My irons are Infinity AW-3 with SK Fiber stiff shaft built to my spec's. I did this originally to help my problems with tennis elbow, but what has happened is irons so well balanced and weighted for me that has it helped my elbows and increased the consistantcy of my ball striking. Last April 1st my index was between3.8 and 4.1, and I put the Infinity's in play. I finished the season with a 1.5 with the only thing different I did all season was to play these irons......bwgolfer

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mizuno makes the finest blades. ive hit tm320 and tps and an assortment of titleist but cannot find a better iron than my mp30s . cavity back forged blade for great control. buttery feel, easy to shape and with rifle shafts just the best feeling and looking iron ive hit to date.

take a look at the better single digit players at your club, chances are youll see zunos in the bag.

driver 905r 9.5* v2 s
5wd 909f2 18.5* diamana blue s
hyb 585h 21* 4175 s 585h 24* 4175 s
irons mx23 5-pw rifle 6.0
vokey wedges 52.8 bent to 50/ spn mill 54.10 bent to 55 spn mill/ 60.8 oil can putter redwood anser 34" 2* flat ball pro v1 X red aim line and a red dot over the e in titleist.home...

Taylor Made RAC LT2 2-9 > S300
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

The new Mizuno MP-67's feel like butter to me. You would swear they are cavity backs. The ball flight seems a little higher than my old MP-37's but I'm gonna re-shaft them and see if that helps.

are you talking about the project xs because those are awesome i got mor distance in them then the dynamic gold

Cool. Please do let me know once you change it to rifle flighted. I am also a Dynamic Gold person but I am curious about the rifle flighted shafts. I did try with my friend's rifle shaft 6.0 (not flighted) and it really did feel SOFT at impact but I did feel that the balance of the shaft was different from the DG S300. Kind of felt lighter?? if that is the correct description although the weight of the shaft was pretty much at par with the DGs. Anyway please do let me know because I am also planning to make a new purchase of MP60 with rifle flighted as well. Thanks.

I put the Rifle Project X 6.0 in my PING s58's. Absolutely best move I have made in iron shafts IMHO.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

right now i have some titleist 690s. got em right before the 695s came out. theres not really much difference besides the Z design anyways. BUT i do like the feel of mizuno irons. if i were to switch right now id pick mizuno or a new set of titleist irons. taylormades dont feel as good as titleist or taylormade imo.

In my Ogio bag I have:
Ball: Prov1 or Prov1x One Platinum
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54 58
Irons: 690CB 2-PW
Putter: Newport 1.5Woods: R7 (15deg) launcher comp (19deg)Driver: R7 SuperquadShoes: Sp8 TW Tour"Out here on tour its not how you mark your golf ball, its how you mark your...

I voted other. I think my irons are Makers Pride??? My uncle made up the set for me. I'm not sure if they were a set he bought or if he bought all the things to make the clubs. They work for me I guess. I won't be getting my tour card anytime soon though.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

I have a set of Cleveland CG4's. They are heavier than most other sets, however I find I hit these clubs better than any others I have tried. WHen purchasing this set, I demoed Nike, Mizuno, Callaway, Ping and of course Cleveland. The bottom line is CG4's fit me, what fits another player is totally up th them. The only way to find out is to find a teaching pro or in some cases a sales person who knows their clubs and can help make recomendations to best fit your needs.

Driver=Titleist 907D2 9.5
3wood=cobra x speed 3+
4wood=cobra x speed 4+
21degree cobra baffler
irons=mp67
wedges=mpt51,60
putter=cameron laguna 2.5
ball=prov1

Cool. Please do let me know once you change it to rifle flighted. I am also a Dynamic Gold person but I am curious about the rifle flighted shafts. I did try with my friend's rifle shaft 6.0 (not flighted) and it really did feel SOFT at impact but I did feel that the balance of the shaft was different from the DG S300. Kind of felt lighter?? if that is the correct description although the weight of the shaft was pretty much at par with the DGs. Anyway please do let me know because I am also planning to make a new purchase of MP60 with rifle flighted as well. Thanks.

I had a set of mp 60 with DGS300 and went to mp67 with project x 6.0. I like the ball flight much better, they stop on a dime!

Mizuno MP-32's. I've used them all (at least what models there are for lefties) and I haven't had anything even close to them. Great feel, great look, great trajectory, you name it.

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

I've used a variety of different sets (mostly hand downs to start) but most recently I have owned Mizuno Tzoids, then KZG ZO Blades and now Ping i10. I was very skeptical about going to a cast club after having forged for so long, but once I hit them and went through Pings fitting process it wasn't much of a decision. Now, I admit they were no where near as soft as the Mizuno MP-57s but I've got no regrets! Great feel, great workability and great forgiveness with the near look of a player's club!

r7 SuperQuad Mid 9.5 Fujikura RE*AX 65 Shaft More Draw Weight Configuration
i10 2-PW Green Dot AWT X-Flex Shafts 703 Gold Grips
Tour-W Wedges Black Nickel Chrome 54/10 & 58/8 Green Dot AWT X-Flex Shafts 703 Gold Grips
Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5 Putter Black Studio Design Grip
ProV1...

i just switched to ping s59, i didn't like the way s58 looked felt the same but i just like the s59 better. great irons, very soft.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

TaylorMade R7 TPs. In the last 2 1/2 years , Ive played Cleveland CG2, Titleist 755, Bridgestone J33, Nike Pro Combo Tours, and the TPs ( I know, thats a lot of changing - I guess I am fickle as can be.... I think Im set on the TaylorMade set for a while,tho.

The CG2s were nice enough, the J33s were better than I was , as were the 755s. I liked the Nikes enough that I bought a spare set...and then I played the R7 TPs...they seem to be a perfect match for me and my game...

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

I use a Sunbeam steam iron with dampening sprayer at home.
I have a small travel iron for my golf bag.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

MacGregor Forged M675's. Shot 1 under first time using them (after not playing for 8 months). They have an awesome feel to them and will stay in my bag for sure.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!