IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Just ordered my new fitted MP-57 a week ago. Tried different brands, incl. Titleist, TM, Callaway (used the X-Tour before), but the Mizunos served me best. Although full cavity good feedback and soft feel, but with that little extra forgiveness. However, went for a NS Pro stiff shaft. Personally liked to feel more of the head than the shaft itself. Looking forward to hitting them hopefully very soon!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using my graphite shafted Top Flight Tour irons for a long time now. Must be 15 years. On the one hand I like the clubs just fine. On the other hand, I'm wondering if new technology would be better.

And I've been lusting after the Mizuno MP-57's. It'll probably be a while before I upgrade though. I tend to ruminate a long time before making a big purchase.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play TaylorMade everything, except 3-wood and putter. TaylorMade makes the best clubs, period.

check my signature to see what specifically I use

-----------------------------------------------------------------

in my R7 stand bag:

Driver: *brand new* TP Tour Burner 9.5 degree (Fuji Rombax 75 stiff)
3-Wood: X-Tour 13 degree (Fuji 757 stiff)
3-PW: rac MB irons (Rifle 6.5)
G-Wedge: rac Wedge 52 degree
S-Wedge: Z TP Black 56 degree
L-Wedge: Z TP Black 60 degree
Putter: Heavy Putter G3-DF
Balls: TP Black LDP

I love TM products as well. I play Mizuno MP-60s, however, I wanted to get the TM Smoke blade irons but they were not on the market yet when I got my new set last summer! I LOVE my Mizunos, but part of me wishes I waited until the smokes were on the market.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

I know what you mean, I have been looking for the TP Smoke irons (my rac MB's are the old model, and are getting very nicked and scuffed), but every golf shop I go to doesn't have them

Currently using X-16 Pros from 5 years ago. Weren't fitted for me but I was just starting out and got a ridiculous price on them. I can work them fairly well in either direction but I feel like I could attack pins much better with a different set.

Currently looking at MP67's, X-Forged, and the AP-2's although I'm tempted to wait and see if Callaway's X-muscles get any cheaper. Those things just look crazy.

In my Bag:
Driver: Exotics Proto 9° Tour VS-Proto 65g Stiff
3 Wood: Exotics CB1 13° Aldila NV-65S
Hybrid: Exotics 18°, 21° Aldila NV-90S
Irons: ZB Forged 4 - PW Wedges: CG10 60° 3 dot, Vokey Spin Milled 54°Putter: White Hot BladeBalls: Pro V1

Try to go to some big place like golfsmith or something like that and place an order with them or talk directly to Taylor Made. Where there is a will there is a way, and espcially when someone can make a grand or so from it on the other end. Im jealous!

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

i have old taylormades ras 0s2, but the MP-60s wil be coming in my bag by the end of the year, or the irons that nike's coming out with next month if theyre any good.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I have an allmost new set of Mizuno MP-32's I couldn't wish for anything better, they give me the control, the feel and preformance that i look for in irons, and they look so hawt too!

-----------------------
Bag: Twister III (blue/white)
Driver: MP600 Fujikura 360 Stiff
Fairway woods: V-steel 3 and 5 wood!
Irons: 3-PW MP-32 Wedges: MP-T 53 degressWedges: 56 degressPutter: BC1Ball: Pro V1Best score so far : 73 - 5 over par!Goal this year : sub par score!

Big wang plays big bertha's.

;d

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

I'm finally upgrading from my 1998 Taylor Made Burner Tour Irons to the R7 TP with Project X 6.0. New off ebay for $499 (with microsoft cashback deal). Not bad!

Ken
http://labs.live.com/photosynth

Driver: R7 425 9.5 ProLaunch Blue R65
3W: Raylor Burner RegIrons: R7 TP 3-PW ProjectX 6.0GW: 52/8 Vokey Oil CanSW: 56/14 Vokey Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: 330 PutterBag: Grom

I just picked up a set of Callaway X-Tour forged irons. I'm jumping from Nike Slingshots. The two are night and day. I was able to take them to the range today and I'm very impressed by them. Great set of clubs.

In the
Oakley Bag
Driver : Sasquatch Tour 9.5°
3 Wood : Speed Pro X 15°
Irons : X-Tour Forged S300Wedges : Tiger Woods Edition 56° and 60°Putter : Studio Style Newport 2 33/350Balls : One Platinum

I just recently changed to the 990b's they are a older irons than the ones i was using before but very close to a blade and i prefer them, they go higher than my old irons and get alot more spin on the ball, i hit them about 5m per club longer than my old irons aswell.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

• 3 weeks later...
Actually I have 4 set of irons.
1. Mizuno's Mp 60 4-7 and Mp 32 8 & 9 with PX 5.0 spined shafts
2. Maxfli A-10's with Black Gold reg flex soft stepped x2--my winter clubs
3. Golden Rams with 5.5 rifle shaft
4. Wilson 78 tour blades 1-pw with R 300's hard stepped x1 and spined

I switched from Titleist 755's to Bridgestone J36's a few months ago. I'm really surprised more people don't play Bridgestone's, especially with the ability to mix and match your set between blades, CB, and pocket cavities. My club carries them and I was completely hooked after I hit my first 6 iron. If they had a more familiar name in the golfing industry I'm sure more people would play these irons….IMO they are fantastic (plus they come stock with Proj X shafts which is a $200 upgrade for most).

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Note: This thread is 5593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!