IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I changed my mind again about my irons, and have bought a set of Adams Ovation2 steel shafts 4-LW. At least I know these will be quality irons.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I use Hogan Apex Edge forged irons.
First PROPER set of clubs and i love them.
So easy to hit, have cut my game down by about 15 shots since i got them (6 months ago). Probably because im playing a lot more, but they are fantastic clubs.

In My Bag:

Driver: TM Superquad 10.5 Stiff
3-Wood: None
Hybrid: NoneIrons: Ben Hogan Apex EdgeWedges: Ben Hogan Apex 52* and 56*Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1Bag: Ben Hogan BH5 Stand BagBall: Titleist NXT Tour

Ping G5s 4i - SW, also 3H (19*) and 2H (16*)

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

I have a set of Callaway Big Bertha 2006's 4-gap that i am trying to sell so I can purchase a set of Callaway X-Tours, or Nike Forged, which one do you think i should go with?

do you have them listed in the market place? Share with the other kids in the clkass if you are selling.

I'm a Mizuno MP-33 guy. With the right shafts they are very playable.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I have a set of Titleist 690 cb and I love them, although I have been looking at the 755's lately and the review on this site is making me want it more. used to use Mizuno mx23 nice clubs too. There is nothing like a properly fitted set....sweet when you hit it right

What's in the Bag

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425
5 Wood: Cleveland Launcher
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual #3Irons 3 thru p: Titleist 690 CBWedges: Taylor Made TP 54 degrees Putter: Ping Anser

Mizuno MX-25's.

With my limited golf history, these have been the best clubs for me. Very forgiving with a great feel.

I have a set of Titleist 690 cb and I love them, although I have been looking at the 755's lately and the review on this site is making me want it more. used to use Mizuno mx23 nice clubs too. There is nothing like a

The Titleist 755's are a nice set of irons. The guy i bought my 735's from (he had them for about 2months & needed to upgrade to the 755's so i got his 735's for a bargain price $500 AUD) he gave me a go with the 3 iron and the 6 iron there less forgiving than the 735's but go much better than the 735's on pure shots.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

See signature:

Driver: Cobra Speed LD (F) 9 degree stiff
5 wood : Cleveland Launcher steel stiff
Hybrid: Cobra DWS regular
Irons : Cleveland CG1 (chrome) regular and Cleveland TA5 (Gunmetal)
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (53,56)
Putter : Yes Natalie
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Shoes: Hi-Tec Typhoon V-Lite

I'm using Cleveland CG4's currently, I like them, but I'm thinking about upgrading to blades, but I'm not sure if I'm ready or not.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

I'm using Cleveland CG4's currently, I like them, but I'm thinking about upgrading to blades, but I'm not sure if I'm ready or not.

If you are not sure whether you should use blades, you probably aren't ready. Even scratch golfers benefit from the newer designs of the cavity back irons like the 695CB or Mizuno's or Callway XTour's. Unless you are just smoking every iron on the sweet spot, blades don't make much sense. Most newer cavity backs have the thinner top line look that the blades do and forged irons have a ton of feel with the forgiveness that muscle backs don't have.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I've got MP 33 and was thinking about the CG4 tours, it just shows we are never happy with what we have

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

If you are not sure whether you should use blades, you probably aren't ready. Even scratch golfers benefit from the newer designs of the cavity back irons like the 695CB or Mizuno's or Callway XTour's. Unless you are just smoking every iron on the sweet spot, blades don't make much sense. Most newer cavity backs have the thinner top line look that the blades do and forged irons have a ton of feel with the forgiveness that muscle backs don't have.

I have to disagree....

Try a few blade sets out. The technology has come a long way for these also. Nevermind your handicap. It goes along with ball striking. Some 8 handicappers strike the ball great and have a bad short (scoring) game. I love the muscle back blades, and the workability is so mush easier then a cavity back. I went back and forth with the Mizuno MP60's for about a month. I hit the Nike forged blades better...(even the mis hits seem better????). All you can do is hit everything that appeals to you many times. Not trying to start a war or anything....just try them
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

TaylorMade Supersteel Burners. Had a used set in 04-05. I loved these irons but they were pretty nicked up so I sold them to buy a new set. Tried some off brand clones that were horrible. Played with Srixon 403Ad's for about 1.5 years. Finally sold the Srixon's and stumbled across Brand New Supersteel's on Ebay (pretty rare considering they were new in 02). I liked the Srixon's, but didn't like the graphite shaft and the Supersteel's are much longer. Easily a full 1-2 clubs longer depending on the shot. They can be had cheap on Ebay if anybody is looking for a quality set of irons in the less than $200 range.

In my bag -

MacGregor V-Foil 13º
Lynx Fairway Metal 18º
TM SuperSteel Burner 3-PWSrixon I-201 56ºPurespin Wedges 52º & 60º

Note: This thread is 5593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!