IGNORED

Big Break VII Official Thread

TerenceFinn
Note: This thread is 6224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pam had also mentioned those comments to other contestants.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I think Pam's opinions of Bri are right on. You can't play at a professional level and loose your cool like that.

Bri acted like she did in a situation that was NOT professional golf, though. She's on The Big Break. I doubt very much she behaves that way in an actual golf tournament.

I think it's an important difference.
(ie. Pat Parez) You can't start throwing clubs around and start crying. The time she wasted on throwing clubs and balling her eyes out should have been spent concentrating on a recovery.

There was no recovery. Her turn was over...

The Bigger question is how did Bri find out about that? I thought the confessional was supposed to be private, not to be seen untill the show. I bet Golf Channel showed it to her to create drama.

As others said, she made the comments to other people, too.

I think Bri's, Laura's, Ashley's, Danielle's & some of the other BB women's opinions of Pam were right on and that's why Pam quit and went home.

Yeah. She didn't even seem to try to defend herself. She seemed to act like she was somehow above everyone else there, despite Bri having won (and having beat the guys too) and Pam having lost to freakin' Danielle Aimee?!?!

I still remember when Pam was talking shit about her partner Dave. She didn't present herself well the entire show.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I finally got to see the first 15 minutes of the show. Glad that Pam is gone and it didn't seem like too many of the other players were supporting her at all. She struck me as a bit of a b*tch so I was not upset to see her go.

She always has a backup job waiting for her as a vacuum cleaner. Check out the size of her nostrils!! LOL :)
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I was a Pam fan until this BB. What was she thinking whining about having Dave as a partner. Give me a break. She should have been bouncing up and down... instead she pouted. She never should have agreed to do this BB... she wanted a vacation (a free paid vacation at that) not a competition.

I've watched the Big Break sporadically over the past few years (15 minutes here or there). I did watch the entire last episode when Bri lost to Mike (?).

These guys are a bunch of characters. I mean, can any of these guys have any realistic aspirations about actually making their respective 'junior' tours of the PGA or LPGA? I will admit that they do have talent, but to succeed at the highest level - NO WAY.

Look at Dave, he used to play golf barefoot. That's just crazy. Now, he puts with the shaft under his arm! Granted, you don't have to be fit like Tiger to win a tournament - just ask Daly. But, you must have some modicum of stamina. Mike almost had a cononary playing the 18th hole thrice.

What I'm trying to say is that don't expect anything out of these players. My feeling is that they do have limited talent (compared to the pros), but don't expect any earth shattering moments from this lot, or for that matter any old cast member. These guys are looking for their 15 minutes of fame (or shame).

Can someone name one player (male) that can win on the Nationwide tour, or for that matter on the Hooters tour? No Brandt Snedekers or Will Mackenzies from this group.

I think the show is a golf entertainment program with nice skill prizes. Win and go home - that's it. Talking about reality shows, at least some of the American Idol winners have gone on to real success...hell, even some of the sucky ones (W. Hung) had their 15 minutes...

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

*****************SPOILER**********************

Kind of disappointed in last nights show. The ex-contestants returning was rather anti-climactic and it wasn't like any of them could play themself back on the show. I was kind of rooting against Mike for the elimination but Laura just did NOT have it at all.

All that being said, I feel like Tommy........ I miss Bri!

In my bag:
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

• Administrator
*****************SPOILER**********************

Ditto that. But I'm starting to see why some people felt the show reeked of sexual harassment.

I doubt Ashley pulls out a win, though she started off strong. Dave and Don are just going to be too much. Mike still can't putt, and I'm sorry, but you can't weigh as much as he weighs and dream of being a professional golfer.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

MARK MY WORDS: DON IS GOING TO TAKE THIS THING

tommy... nice guy, but been around bri too much: quit worrying about what don is doing and start playing some golf

DON has earned the right to talk, he's got more game than any of them. sure he didnt win bb2 but had that putt on the 20th hole gone 1/2" further who knows??? not like he's just slouching his way around. He's outplaying them. Hell if i were Don i would be right in Gainey's ear every second talking about what I was going to buy with that 5 grand, because I obviously dont need the mulligan and where i was going to drive my new chrysler SUV to first; I'd ask him if he wanted some full swing thoughts and maybe a few pointers on his putting and wedge game.....

I hope Don does not take it as he is like 80 grit sandpaper. There is really nothing to like about him. I would prefer to see Dave simply because he lives in the next town over from where I lived for so long. Ashley or Tommy wouldn't be bad either.
In my bag:

I hope Don does not take it as he is like 80 grit sandpaper. There is really nothing to like about him.

I couldn't agree more!! I'd be willing to bet that Don plays alone most days since nobody could possibly stand to play 18 with the guy. I'm rootin for Tommy. He came up huge in the elimination this week. Even if he did get extremely lucky on the sand shot. And how can you not like a guy who tells Bri "I'll see you after the show"?? Yeah Tommy!!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

ya i would like to see tommy win.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

In this week's NGA Hooters Tour event in McCormick SC, Don Donatello missed the cut by 11 strokes. In five NGA Hooters events in '07, DD has made one cut and collected $900 in prize money. Just reporting the facts, ma'am.

• Administrator
In this week's NGA Hooters Tour event in McCormick SC, Don Donatello missed the cut by 11 strokes. In five NGA Hooters events in '07, DD has made one cut and collected $900 in prize money. Just reporting the facts, ma'am.

I'm all for chasing the dream, man, but when you're 40 or whatever he is with a wife and a daughter, WTF?

Yeah, at some point you have to face the music and realize that maybe you don't have it. I am all for going for the dream and encouraging others to do the same but the Hooters tour is a LONG way from the PGA Tour.
In my bag:

ya wow I was just looking at don's record on the hooters tour. He is awful. he averages about 3-4 over....he sucks! He even shot an 82 in competition. Oh boy. Tommy played one tourney and shot even over 4 days. Not bad and made over a grand, but he needs to play more to see how he really is. But Don doesn't have it. He's 40 right, he needs to get a life!
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

Note: This thread is 6224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!