IGNORED

Taylormade R11 Irons

Note: This thread is 4171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Why the quotation marks? Did I say that? They do look like classic TaylorMades. I've thought that TaylorMade has made vast improvements this year in the aesthetics of their irons. I know you're all about the results, but I see my irons on their own and together in my bag, many many many times over the course of a golf season and I want something that I can look at without cringing. If i'm gonna shoot the same score either way, I don't want a bunch of contrasting colours and chintzy looking decorative badges weights  glued / welded on the back, straight lines where there should be curved lines and vise versa, and something that looks like I need to purchase a special tool in order to clean it properly (Nike irons would not make wish list for this reason alone). My specific comments were an homage to the poster who trashed the strange looks of them and said TM was trying to hard and has even uglier farther reaching irons in his bag. Eye of the beholder I guess.

No it was a general observation from what I have read elsewhere.  It's like someone who doesn't like a Lamborghini based on looks, and it's non-classic lines.  To each his own, I could care less if the weight (or decorative badge) was neon green, so long as it serves a purpose.  If I swing these clubs and I get great feel and distance, and it goes where I am intending it to go.  If I hit them and they aren't good, then obviously the weight will be considered pointless.

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Is there a release date for these yet?

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

As someone else mentioned, September 1 is the release date according to what I have seen.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Every time TM has a new product roll-out somewhere a cute little puppy cries. I hope you TM supporters know this.

I know TM makes high quality equipment but their style is so far away (and getting further upon each product release) from my taste it may as well been made for Lady Ga-Ga. But that's why there are many choices in the market and thank God for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a go with them at the local shop.

For now these are not the irons for me.

indeed there are more  GI irons.

I don't think there is a TP version comming out,

because ofthe new tour preffered line. so i would go for the

MB irons

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Im surprised they dont have white heads lmfao !!

Whats in the bag

Titleist 910D2 10.5* UST V2 76g s flex, Titleist 906f4 15.5* UST V2 90g s flex, Titleist 909H 19* voodoo s flex, Titleist 710 CB 3-PW, Vokey TVD 54*, Vokey 60.04 spin milled, Cleveland classic 2 35'', PROV1.

An interesting review of these irons:

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I checked them out at golfsmith today.  they are not giant GI irons by any stretch.  The sole is much thinner than an R9.  I held them side by side.  The top line is thinner, and head itself is shorter and smaller.  I thought they were really nice looking clubs, I liked that the heel and toe (outside the grooves) was bright chrome vs. the satin groove portion.  To each his own, I liked them a lot.

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Originally Posted by SpacklersEdge

I checked them out at golfsmith today.  they are not giant GI irons by any stretch.  The sole is much thinner than an R9.  I held them side by side.  The top line is thinner, and head itself is shorter and smaller.  I thought they were really nice looking clubs, I liked that the heel and toe (outside the grooves) was bright chrome vs. the satin groove portion.  To each his own, I liked them a lot.

They look like the CBs with different badging when I looked at them so I wouldn't say they are huge GI. Although a lot of iron's have the chrome edges and satin grooves in fact I thought just about every iron has that look.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Took a look at them today at a local shop.  Seem like decent irons but man, $1k for a set with graphite shafts?  I'll pass...

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

burner '09, R9 & TP, burner 2.0, forged MB, MC, CB and R11. That's a lot of new product in a couple years and I probably missed something along the way. I play TM irons so I'm not anti-TM, but their constant product launches are out of control.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Today i got my new R11 irons ... they are counterfeits but the price was less than half of the normal price.

The irons look good. I'm wondering how much difference there will be compairing with the originals.

Does anyone have an idea?

Hello, Today i got my new R11 irons ... they are counterfeits but the price was less than half of the normal price. The irons look good. I'm wondering how much difference there will be compairing with the originals. Does anyone have an idea?

you bought counterfeit and want to know how it compares to the original? you bought garbage, so expect garbage.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!