IGNORED

Should i switch to a thinner, more expensive glove?

Note: This thread is 4643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the past i have had a few different types of gloves including the brands Footjoy, Nike, and Taylormade. All of them were the cheap, synthetic rubber feeling kind.  I think one was the Footjoy WeatherSof.

Anyway, my grip just doesn't feel comfortable with these gloves on.  I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel right.  When i grip the club without a glove, my hands feel in sync, like they're one unit.

So is it worth it to get the more expensive, better leather gloves?  I'm guessing it is, but i just want to hear you're opinions.

What type of better leather glove do you recommend? Any good ones less than $20?

What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

for the exact reasons you mention i do not wear a glove at all.

when i used to wear a glove i had a few titleist tour gloves which were perfect for the job although they didnt last very long before ripping

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

We like to use Cabretta leather for our gloves because of how thin and durable the leather is. Plus you do not loose the feel of your club. I think the weather gloves are synthetic and pretty thick. You can find deals on Cabretta leather gloves online I am sure, but most retailers will carry them for around $20.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

When you factor in sweat, dirt, grips (Golf Pride NDMCs scuff up my gloves), etc., I don't buy expensive gloves since I need to replace them more often than I prefer. I'm actually a fan of the WeatherSof because it's inexpensive and does a decent job of staying soft. The StaSof is about $18 I think and the 2-3 that I bought in the past stiffened up pretty quickly. More expensive gloves are not worth it IMO.

Why pay outrageous prices for golf gloves......Try the golf gloves from MasterGrip at  ...  www.mggolf.com

Their best selling cabretta leather glove is only $11.95 each plus it's BOGO.

They have been selling golf gloves for over 30 years.

I used to mail order them back in the 1980's........today they are online.

Don't ask us, go buy one and see for yourself. Personally, I can't play with a cheap glove anymore. It is a night and day difference in the feel. I usually get the FJ Sta-Soft. You can find it for $17-18 usually. Sometimes you can get a bulk deal online and find a 6 pack for $13-14 each. As long as you don't grip too hard and have a tendency to tear through gloves, they will last just as long as anything. I have been using premium gloves for several years and haven't worn a hole in any of them, even the ones designated for range use only. The difference in feel is well worth the extra $5-6. The only thing that hurts them is water so if you sweat too much make sure to use two or three and rotate them so they can dry out. If you can keep them dry, they will never go stiff.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I think your answer is in your question--better feel with no glove!

Ditch the glove altogether. I did it years ago for the feel  and as a bonus at 12-20 bucks a glove I have probably saved at least $500-600 by now.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think that expensive gloves are a waste of money.  I only wear a glove for increased comfort and because I am used to it.   I bought a thinner glove once and it ripped very quickly.  now i just buy cheap ones in bulk that last a lot longer and work just as well.

Personally, I wont play with anything but a leather glove.  Ive been using the Mizuno Retroflex for a few years now and I love it.  Currently Im using a Mizuno Dualflex and its OK but its no match for the Retroflex.  In the past I tried various Footjoy gloves and never found any that I was at all happy with.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!