IGNORED

Important Clubs

Note: This thread is 6932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Except for your putter, which clubs have the biggest impact on scoring? In other words, if you took a club out of your bag, how much would your score vary? What are your top three clubs?

Here's my list:

1. Pitching Wedge - 6 strokes - I use it for a lot more than I use my lob wedge, which I always seem to hit too damn high.
  2. 3W - 5 strokes - I hit this thing in a lot of places. It's straight, it's pretty long, and it is workable.
  3. Lob Wedge/Driver - 4 strokes - I use each about the same. The 3W would be a fine replacement for the driver, but I'd be hitting longer clubs into every green. The LW really has no replacement - a wide open sand wedge doesn't cut it.
How's your list?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd say it varies from course to a course... On a short track - wedges of course. My favorite is 52deg, from 90 to 100 and around the greens, 60 deg if a lot of bunkers and flopshot is required on to most missed greens; long course - driver, no doubt. I've big difference between 280+ and my 3W which max out on 240...

Number one would be the driver undoubtably for me.Takes a while for me to find one im 110% comfortable with but once i have,its as straight as any club in my bag and i generally hit it on all but the tightest holes.Give me one i was not happy with and i'd lose 4-5 shots i reckon at least.

Lob-wedge after that as i never use a SW from the sand.So my LW covers anywhere from 80 yards and in,inc sand shots.Gimme one with different bounce etc and i could give another 3 or 4 shots away without trying.

Depressing "game" this - who thought this up anyway !!!!!! lol

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Lob wedge// I love this club it can do anything

Pitching wedge// as above, still wondering why I still carry a sw, pw I can use for full shot, 3/4, 1/2, chips its great

Driver// just because if I didn't I wouldn't be using the clubs above as much and there my go to clubs

I sadly don't have a "go-to-club" so to speak. That is definitely not good.

I can't think of a club that would change my scoring much if it weren't in my bag. If I had a 3 Wood, it would be a good candidate or if I had a good sand wedge (Titleist maybe), I could probably shave some strokes off the game.

But I just don't have a club that saves me anymore than the others.

I need one though.

Pitching wedge for sure. It's great for putting it on the green inside 90 yards, bump and run close to the green. I feel fairly comfortable with a pitching wedge and a 9I for that matter.

3W is great for when I need to put it down the middle off the tee (as close to the middle as I can these days).

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Note: This thread is 6932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!