IGNORED

Good Job Zach Johnson!

Juzmi
Note: This thread is 6235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, I don't think we ALL agree. I like seeing the big boys play a course that challenges them on every hole and even every shot.

Agree, I like to see the pro's have to think and work for birdies and pars. I don't want to see the enitre field putting for eagle on every par 5. This was one of my favorite masters yet. I just would have liked to see Tiger win again!

For a minute I honestly didnt know who would win, and I was happy to see no one collapsed really. Other than Fred Couple's, Mike Weir, and Phil Mickelson I could not of thought of a better winner.. and more surprising. His play was stellar and I was extremely happy to see someone other than the Tiger cliche' win. Was pulling for Phil Vs. Tiger 2 and got Zach Vs. Augusta. Still a good show.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Regarding the religious statements - Hey, I'm a christian but I don't see the point thanking Jesus for winning the golf tournament. What, was he not rooting for anyone else? I understand his faith is important and his emotions were high though.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Not to jump off topic, but watching the big three major league sports (NFL, NBA, MLB), hearing a reference to Jesus, the Lord, etc., is pretty much par for the course (case in point, Tony Dungy and Jim Irsay of the Colts). This was the first time I had heard a 'god' reference from a PGA player. I'm not a Christian, and I had no problem with it. Hey, he won the tournament and gets his 15 minutes. Who he chooses to thank is up to him....

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Hey, he won the tournament and gets his 15 minutes. Who he chooses to thank is up to him....

Good point!

And for the record I don't have a problem with it. Not at all. I just don't necessarily understand it.

Zach did a great job today. I really hoped that someone other than Tiger would get it this year. Seeing his humble and down to earth attitude was also a plus. Hope he won't get cocky in the years to come. But I guess he has to prove himself further by winning more tournaments to prove that if wasn't a fluke no? I think that would really make him stand out even more.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Administrator

Re: the religious commentary, I look at it this way (and I'm not particularly religious, but do consider myself spiritual).

It's not that God didn't care about the other golfers on the course. It's more that God gave Zach (or rather, Zach's belief in God) the calmness and demeanor to have clear thoughts and a level head. If you're really cynical, just think of it as a psychosomatic response.

The best thing I can wish for Zach at this point is not to succumb to the pressures or trappings of a major winner. I do not want him to be a one-hit wonder. I pick him regularly on my Fantasy team (and did this week too, neener neener ) and really like his down-to-earth sensibilities.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Re: the religious commentary, I look at it this way (and I'm not particularly religious, but do consider myself spiritual).

Yeah, that makes sense.

So you picked Zach in fantasy golf? Hmm... that's a hard one to believe What league are you in? I'm in a yahoo league and an ESPN league. He's grouped in the "A" players in yahoo and he costs just enough in ESPN to bypass him. Hey, congrats to you for picking him.

• Administrator
So you picked Zach in fantasy golf? Hmm... that's a hard one to believe

Uhm, go look. I also posted my roster

in the comments of our predictions article . What league? The official TST league for 2007 - the PGA Tour's "Salary Cap Cup" or whatever it's called. Which still hasn't fixed the problems it's been having, updated the scoring post-Masters, etc. Heck, currently it tells me Tiger earned 19391 points in The Masters and Zach Johnson earned 0 on one of the pages!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Uhm, go look. I also posted my roster

Great roster! I had Woods, Cabrera, Casey and Stenson in my ESPN league. I was hoping for more from Cabrera and Stenson.

Grats to Zach for not losing.....

If that sounds jaded and disappointed that's because I am. Nothing personal to Zach, he played good and made some good shots when it counted but if this is a sign of things to come with every major then they have gained another uninterested viewer. I would rather go play a round or go to the range and just watch the highlights when I get home.

I don't want to watch pros lay up short on par 5s because the greens can't hold 200yrd approaches. I don't want to watch some one else struggle around the greens, I have enough of that with my own game. Seeing pros shoot doubles as the stick handle around the greens does not make for entertaining golf. It's uninspiring and I think they really took a step back in the popularity of golf by making the greens too tough.

There was no risk-reward, just all risk. If the greens for all 4 rounds were like they were on the last day I think it would have made for much more interesting golf and more importantly, entertaining.

Great play from Zach. I'm impressed how he didn't succumb to looking at the leaderboard before 17. Even more impressed how he held it all together and made an excellent up and down at 18.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I really enjoyed watching the tournament, I don't mind what the score ends up, 20 under or 20 over the guy with the fewest shots will still be the winner. Well done to Zach Johnson, he did a great job of keeping it all together when I expected him not to.

Note: This thread is 6235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!