IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone golfing this weekend? Maybe somewhere in the Piqua -ish area so it's more in the middle between dayton and lima?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Jeremie Boop , I was off the grid this weekend. In retrospect Echo Hills would have been infinitely preferable to the pace-of-play torture that Hawk was yesterday.

We should make a point of playing somewhere next weekend if you are available.

It ended up ok, I was pretty busy both saturday and sunday. I'll see about this weekend. The only thing I might have going is friday night so far.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

@Jeremie Boop, I was off the grid this weekend. In retrospect Echo Hills would have been infinitely preferable to the pace-of-play torture that Hawk was yesterday.

We should make a point of playing somewhere next weekend if you are available.

So that was you walking off the Hawk yesterday!!!

I played the Falcon, and I decided to go work on my putting. As I was walking to the putting green, I saw you walking off number 9 of the Hawk.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Probably wasn't a pretty picture (even relatively speaking).

That round sucked. I recounted it in the what did i shoot thread, but to summarize ... bad play, pace of play issues and a massive temper tantrum by yours truly. Wasn't good.

I didn't play this weekend. I hit a bucket at Young's Dairy on Saturday to update my MS thread and get something into Evolvr, but that was it. I drove by Gem City (sign is gone and back to Greene CC) and they are mowing the fairways and greens. At least they aren't letting it go and hopefully entertaining a new owner. Might be heading out of town this week too. Plans are all up in the air at this point. I would definitely be interested in playing next weekend though. It would have to be Saturday. Going to the Reds game Sunday.

- Shane

I didn't play this weekend. I hit a bucket at Young's Dairy on Saturday to update my MS thread and get something into Evolvr, but that was it. I drove by Gem City (sign is gone and back to Greene CC) and they are mowing the fairways and greens. At least they aren't letting it go and hopefully entertaining a new owner. Might be heading out of town this week too. Plans are all up in the air at this point. I would definitely be interested in playing next weekend though. It would have to be Saturday. Going to the Reds game Sunday.

I could do Saturday as long as it isn't in the morning. I have to take my car in for its routine maintenance.

On a side note, the Falcon is a tough par 3 course. Average length of the par 3 holes is 180 yards. The greens are not that big either. I might play that course more often. Too bad there is no USGA rating and slope for that course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

You guys ever play Echo Hills? That would be a pretty good in between for Jeremie.

@saevel25 , That's a pretty good score for that course. The guys in the shop say that the course record is -3. Best I ever did on it was a 74.

I need to get another round or 2 in before we head to Erie, I can't believe that's almost here already. I'm also hoping to get my hands on a new driver before then but it probably won't happen. Saturday afternoon would be good, if you guys can come up this way a little bit that would be appreciated. Piqua area or so if there are any decent courses around there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

You guys ever play Echo Hills? That would be a pretty good in between for Jeremie.

@saevel25, That's a pretty good score for that course. The guys in the shop say that the course record is -3. Best I ever did on it was a 74.

Yea, people think a par 3 course would be easier, but I would say otherwise. On a par 4 or par 5, you can hit an errant tee shot and still have a chance at a GIR. If you hit an errant tee shot on a par 3, then you are scrambling already.

I need to get another round or 2 in before we head to Erie, I can't believe that's almost here already. I'm also hoping to get my hands on a new driver before then but it probably won't happen. Saturday afternoon would be good, if you guys can come up this way a little bit that would be appreciated. Piqua area or so if there are any decent courses around there.

If we play next weekend, I'll bring up the Callaway Driver. I think it might fit you pretty good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

If we play next weekend, I'll bring up the Callaway Driver. I think it might fit you pretty good.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I didn't see one out at the range last night or I probably would have tried that one too.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yea, people think a par 3 course would be easier, but I would say otherwise. On a par 4 or par 5, you can hit an errant tee shot and still have a chance at a GIR. If you hit an errant tee shot on a par 3, then you are scrambling already.

The Falcon certainly isn't an easy course. We used to call it The Bad Kitty before they changed the name. Most par 3s are easy little courses, but not that one. When I had a membership there, I used to warm up by playing the first loop on it. Worked out rather nicely.

- Shane

The Bad Kitty ... I like that. The story I heard was that when out-of-towners called, they thought it was being called "the kiddie course". That's why they changed it.

The Bad Kitty ... I like that. The story I heard was that when out-of-towners called, they thought it was being called "the kiddie course". That's why they changed it.

I like the change to the "Falcon". Just because the whole business is called, Kittyhawk. They have the Hawk, and the Eagle. I think the Falcon fits better.

Yea, that par 3 course is no joke.

Though my highlight was getting a birdie on number 11, the 257 yard par 3!!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yeah. You can actually hit your driver that far. I'm always 20-50 yards short even when I hit it ok.

The forced carry over the water on the back nine, (16 I think), is the key hole of the course for me.

I like the change to the "Falcon". Just because the whole business is called, Kittyhawk. They have the Hawk, and the Eagle. I think the Falcon fits better.

Yea, that par 3 course is no joke.

Though my highlight was getting a birdie on number 11, the 257 yard par 3!!!

Which was my suggestion. I should get royalties. ;-)

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!