IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, so told the boss about Sunday and didn't catch too much flack. She balked at the hour away thing but I told her it was either that or I was going to do the all you can golf for 25 at the local course so I would have been gone longer anyway :-P

Tactics for the win!

Sounds like she is starting to break down. ;-)

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds like she is starting to break down.

It's all about putting things in perspective for her, haha. What I didn't say is I probably will go golfing Saturday too, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes. The trip to Erie is still a point of contention just because it's a 2 day thing and she doesn't understand why I want to go do it. Which brings up a question, Since we are carpooling has anyone decided where we are staying? Or are we not going up on Saturday to take advantage of the instructional portion?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

It's all about putting things in perspective for her, haha. What I didn't say is I probably will go golfing Saturday too, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes. The trip to Erie is still a point of contention just because it's a 2 day thing and she doesn't understand why I want to go do it. Which brings up a question, Since we are carpooling has anyone decided where we are staying? Or are we not going up on Saturday to take advantage of the instructional portion?

I'm going up of for the two days, I have no clue what you guys are doing. :-P Depending on what time the instructional stuff starts, we can leave early Saturday morning.

Not sure yet on accommodations. I was thinking of staying outside of Erie, closer to the interstate. Sharing a room is possible, that would cut housing fee in half. Looks like Hotel cost is going to be about 120-150 per night. I was thinking one of the hotels off of Perry HWY (97) and I-90. That way it is away from the airport.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm not sure. Didn't get any deets on the instruction thing yet as far as cost, time, etc.

Added: Of course, I haven't even applied for the kitchen pass for the trip yet. :-D

- Shane

I'm going up of for the two days, I have no clue what you guys are doing.  Depending on what time the instructional stuff starts, we can leave early Saturday morning.

Not sure yet on accommodations. I was thinking of staying outside of Erie, closer to the interstate. Sharing a room is possible, that would cut housing fee in half. Looks like Hotel cost is going to be about 120-150 per night. I was thinking one of the hotels off of Perry HWY (97) and I-90. That way it is away from the airport.

Last time I went up there the room I got was only like 90, can't remember what one it was but got it through hotels.com or something.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Last time I went up there the room I got was only like 90, can't remember what one it was but got it through hotels.com or something.

Through Hotels.com right now, there is nothing under 100. Not sure if that is because it is so far off. A lot of times prices decrease a lot as you get closer to the date you want to stay. Just because the odds of filling a room closer to the day is less than a few months away.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Through Hotels.com right now, there is nothing under 100. Not sure if that is because it is so far off. A lot of times prices decrease a lot as you get closer to the date you want to stay. Just because the odds of filling a room closer to the day is less than a few months away.

Yeah, I got that room the same night I was there. Just pulled into a parking lot and found that price and booked it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

The "instructional portion" is not really about that. I'm going to have everyone hang out downtown, have putting contests, have chipping contests, etc.

Very little instructional stuff. We'll probably try to record everyone's swings, but we'll just give you the videos and you can post them to YouTube for your "My Swing" threads. We'll probably also do a quick pitching thing, and maybe a little SAM PuttLab analysis, but we're talking about $25 to $50. I honestly hope to get us on Whispering Woods to play a 15" hole tournament the day before or something, that Saturday evening, or something, but it may not be possible for a few reasons (time). I'd like to have everyone drive around the course the night before because it can bite you a few times if you're unaware.

I think I can get everyone in the hotel across the street (The Avalon Hotel) for $79. I think you can share rooms too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The "instructional portion" is not really about that. I'm going to have everyone hang out downtown, have putting contests, have chipping contests, etc.

Very little instructional stuff. We'll probably try to record everyone's swings, but we'll just give you the videos and you can post them to YouTube for your "My Swing" threads. We'll probably also do a quick pitching thing, and maybe a little SAM PuttLab analysis, but we're talking about $25 to $50. I honestly hope to get us on Whispering Woods to play a 15" hole tournament the day before or something, that Saturday evening, or something, but it may not be possible for a few reasons (time). I'd like to have everyone drive around the course the night before because it can bite you a few times if you're unaware.

I think I can get everyone in the hotel across the street (The Avalon Hotel) for $79. I think you can share rooms too.

No time on the flightscope or anything? Dang I was really hoping to get a chance to do that this time since it wasn't available last time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
No time on the flightscope or anything? Dang I was really hoping to get a chance to do that this time since it wasn't available last time.

Yes. That's available too. Three of them, probably: Xi, Xi+, and X2.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes. That's available too. Three of them, probably: Xi, Xi+, and X2.

What is a Flightscope and what does Xi, Xi+, etc mean? :hmm:

- Shane

What is a Flightscope and what does Xi, Xi+, etc mean?

Flightscope is a radar that detects club head and ball movement to give you real world data on your golf shot. The Xi, Xi+ are model types of Flightscope.

http://flightscope.com/

Basically it is a launch monitor, a very accurate one.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Flightscope is a radar that detects club head and ball movement to give you real world data on your golf shot. The Xi, Xi+ are model types of Flightscope.

http://flightscope.com/

Basically it is a launch monitor, a very accurate one.

Ah. Which is the best model for slower "old man" swings?

- Shane

• Administrator
Ah. Which is the best model for slower "old man" swings?

They just measure different things. The X2 measures all.

I'm basically just curious what my actual swing speed is as well as my AoA, launch angle, and spin on driver.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

They just measure different things. The X2 measures all.

Cool. Can't wait to see the facility. It looks top notch from the videos you guys post.

- Shane

• Administrator
I'm basically just curious what my actual swing speed is

Quite high

my AoA

Too level to downward

launch angle

Too low

and spin on driver.

Too high.

:-)

Note: This thread is 1732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!