IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Did you ever recover from your almost heat stroke @mcanadiens?

Yeah. Chased my light beer with a water after the round. Sat in the AC afterward and am back in standard operating condition.

How'd you make out yesterday?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I shot a 38. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/sknick/round/1002485

I ended up playing a few holes on the back and called it quits when I ran into a couple slow foursomes out hacking it around. I was running out of gas too.

That's some pretty solid work there. You obviously fared a lot better in that hot pea soup than I did. Heartier stock there I'd guess.

3 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That's some pretty solid work there. You obviously fared a lot better in that hot pea soup than I did. Heartier stock there I'd guess.

I love heat and humidity.

- Shane

9 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I love heat and humidity.

Good thing considering where you are moving to!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Good thing considering where you are moving to!

Yes. That was a big factor. I just can't take winter any longer.

- Shane

Here's the deal. A buddy of mine says we have a chance to play Sugar Valley CC after 2 p.m. on Sunday. Apparently we need a full four players to get the tee time at $18 per man. 

It seems we need two more since everyone we know if douching out. Anyone up for it?

That sounds like fun, haven't played there so wouldn't mind trying out a new place.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

10 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

That sounds like fun, haven't played there so wouldn't mind trying out a new place.

Cool. It's a hell of a drive for you, because now we're talking about south of Dayton, Bellbrook. But if you're up for it, we only need one more.

Looks like about 1 1/2 hour drive, not much more than it takes to get to Kittyhawk so I don't mind that drive.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

5 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Looks like about 1 1/2 hour drive, not much more than it takes to get to Kittyhawk so I don't mind that drive.

Really? Kittyhawk is a straight shot down 75. Sugarvalley is going to require a jog over 35 east and then some back roads into the place. 

I played out there one time with a church friend of my mum's. It was very nice at that point. Hopefully it will be well worth the trip.

I'll count you in and pm you when we have a tee time cemented.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I may be the only other member from Dayton.

Farewell my friends. It's been a long time since post #2. 

- Shane

• Administrator

Well, now that Shane is gone, y'all can play awesome golf at all the awesome courses, right? :-)

Edit: this sounded funnier in my head.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Well, now that Shane is gone, y'all can play awesome golf at all the awesome courses, right? :-)

Edit: this sounded funnier in my head.

Mostly the same golf and the same courses, just not as good company. 

Tried suggesting again to a buddy of mine that he get on here and improve our numbers. Hasn't apparently taken it yet. I think he'd learn a thing or two if he did. 

• Administrator
Just now, mcanadiens said:

Mostly the same golf and the same courses, just not as good company. 

I was (failing at) attempting to tease Shane, in the way that people might break out the good scotch after their weird uncle leaves… :-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!