IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My personal goals...

1) Get down to a 14 handicap within next two years.

2) Hole in one.

3) Get an eagle. Not a bald one.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

First and foremost I've played from 1999 until the start of 2004 and picked it up again about two months ago. Not all my gear is complete so a part of my goal is to get that in order. Need a better driver, a hybrid, a new gap wedge and my old putter back from my mom. Other then that I'm quite happy with the gear. I have a few goals set for this year: - Consistently play under 80 (a good round is ~76 now, but a bad one is 85-90) - Vastly improve mental game (that's hardest to be measured) - Focus >70% of my training on the sub 125 meters game

I just want to get twenty 2013 scores posted in the system so I can take stock of where my game really is right now.   As of now, I don't really know, but it's NOT very good.

Through the May15th revision, I only had 5 posted scores due to the extra long winter......I will be at 13 posted rounds with the June 1st revision tomorrow!  I just want to clean-out the old scores from last year so I know where I stand, and then I can start chipping away.   My index dropped to 0.0 in 2012, but I have since changed jobs, changed courses, and play less frequently. Not a good combo......

My honest goal for 2013 is to not get "TOO MUCH" worse...LOL   Once I hit summer form, I hope I do no worse than maintain a 3HC.......at this point, I don't know if I can or not.   Only time will tell!!!  My current index is 2.2, but that's not a very accurate indicator of how I'm playing right now because 2012 scores are keeping it low.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I have been lucky, I have broke 80 a hand full of times at some courses that I shouldn't have, but my only real goal is to beat the guys I'm playing with on any given day. Since we are always playing for some "skins", I just simply want to beat'em. Kinda like with the pros, it doesn't matter how good or bad you play on any given day, it's who has the best score WINS!!!!

I second this. I have a tendency for some reason to play to the level of the people I'm playing with, I've played round way over par with my drinking buddies and I've played way better then I normally play when I've gotten paired up with better golfers its strange really. On average I play around Bogey golf but on any given day I could make par or better I belive Long term I plan to play a full 18 at par or better as I've played a par round for 9 holes on an executive 9 course witch was almost a sub par round if not for a bogey on the last hole (teaching my 11yo son to play so we play a lot of smaller courses to make it easier for him to have fun while he's learning) so I know I'm capable of doing so. Just a matter of putting a whole round together witch is much easier said then done. As for an ace I got one of those years ago on the flukiest shot ever so doubt ill ever get another one of those again. My biggest goal for golf would be to be able to get my boy playing better then me some day :)

:titleist: Woods :titleist: Irons :titleist: Wedges :cleve: Putter

My personal goals... 1) Get down to a 14 handicap within next two years. 2) Hole in one. 3) Get an eagle. Not a bald one.

A hole in one is an eagle :)

Originally Posted by Pigems

Unless it's a par four.

I almost had one of those. I'm not sure exactly how close it was because the course superintendant was driving by the green, got out of his cart, walked over and picked up my ball. By the time we got down there he was driving off with it. I told him he had my ball and he apologized and said he didn't know anyone was playing that hole and he thought somebody had left it there.

I asked him how close it was to the pin and he said an inch or two, so that's where I placed it.

Good thing I saw him pick it up or I would still be wondering where that ball went.

My goal is consistency.  I play at a strong 6 handicap and when I go out I want to be able to consistently play a strong game.  If I had to focus on one thing I do well it would be hitting fairways (my biggest issue) and make putts.

Lol smart azz. Yeah I meant par 4 lol. Also another goal, have my wife give me a hall pass to play with some of the girls on big break Mexico naked.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

My biggest goal right now is to start shooting in the 80s everytime.  I have shot the occasional 89, and once, on a quite tough cxourse shot an 81.. usually i shoot low 90s. I can hit the ball long, and I can putt, but chipping is killing me. Which leads me to my other goal, Become a WAY better chipper! I feel like the goals go hand in hand...

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

I don't mean to bust any bogey-golfer bubbles, but playing even par for 9 holes and doing the same over 18 holes is something entirely different.  It's not that big of a stretch for a bogey golfer to make a couple birdies over nine holes, make a couple bogeys, and find themselves at level par after 9.

Doing the same over 18 holes is astronomically more difficult.......

What's in Paul's Bag:

For kicks, I looked at my 2012......

For 9 holes:  47 times even par or lower

For 18 holes: 10 times even par or lower

At least in my case, it's 4.7X more difficult to shoot even par for 18.  ......and I was scratch much of last summer.  think about this...I was scratch and played WAAAAY more than 100 rounds, and I shot par for 18 holes maybe 5-8% of the time.   What are the chances for a bogey golfer?  ...maybe .00000001%?

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by JimmiJones

I am serious. I also don't own any stone tablets or chisels and as such I will continually reevaluate my goals at the beginning of each season. I feel like it is important to have some that are obtainable, some that are obtainable but a real stretch and some that are worked on over a multi-year arc.

oh i wish nothing but the best, it is going to take a pile of hard work to get there in the timeline discussed...depending on your life schedule it may happen...sadly with mine there is no way in the world it could happen that fast!!

shooting 83 regular is a pretty tall order for next seaon if you don't have an HC right now. maybe part of it is defining what "regular" - you are gonna need new grips in the fall!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

For kicks, I looked at my 2012......

For 9 holes:  47 times even par or lower

For 18 holes: 10 times even par or lower

At least in my case, it's 4.7X more difficult to shoot even par for 18.  ......and I was scratch much of last summer.  think about this...I was scratch and played WAAAAY more than 100 rounds, and I shot par for 18 holes maybe 5-8% of the time.   What are the chances for a bogey golfer?  ...maybe .00000001%?

I think you have better odds of hitting a Royal Flush in Vegas than shooting even par over 18 holes as a bogey golfer, haha.

My current goal is to get down to a 19 handicap in the next month. Last week I went from a 24.4 HC to a 21.6 so I'm sure it can be done but I have to play stellar.

Some side goals are to raise my GIR percentages and keep my blow up holes on the non-existent side as well as focus on getting less than 32 putts each round.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

I don't mean to bust any bogey-golfer bubbles, but playing even par for 9 holes and doing the same over 18 holes is something entirely different.  It's not that big of a stretch for a bogey golfer to make a couple birdies over nine holes, make a couple bogeys, and find themselves at level par after 9.   Doing the same over 18 holes is astronomically more difficult.......

Your completely right it is completely possible, I did just that lol I'm on average a bogey golfer give or take a few swings and one morning I was playing solo as the second tee Time and I Birdied the first hole, Pared 2 thru 8 and flubbed a chip from 10' off the green on 9 and made bogie or it would have been a sub par 9 from a normally bogey golfer :-) it helped that the greens still were wet and I could see all the roll marks from the group before me lol it was like having a caddy tip it TW13 ;-)

Originally Posted by minitour

My personal goal is just that...personal.

Does it come natural or do you have to work at it?

• Upvote 1

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Short term goals(this year):

-Shoot a par round of golf (I shot 1 over a week ago!)

-Get down to a 3 handicap (currently at a 6.2)

-To not get mad and always focus on the shot at hand

Mid term goals(the next 2-3 years):

-Get to a scratch or better handicap

-Get rid of debt and save money for tournaments, golf, instruction, etc.

-Move to Florida

Long term goals(2016 and on):

-Play competitively

-Pick up sponsors

-Compete in mini tour events, Web.com events, Monday qualifiers

-Become a regular in a pro tour series.

Keep improving,keep having fun on the course, but I'd say to put an entire round together where every shot is played to the best of my abilities would be what I strive for every time. So much of this game is minimizing your mistakes, that's probably my main goal.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!