IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Thanks. I am going to play pick up basketball tomorrow morning. Then golf at an executive course in the afternoon. End the day of activity with a 30 minute cool down on the elliptical machine.

JCrane

Started the morning with 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then did light power clean and push press for three sets of 8 reps, alternating with kettlebell swings for 10 reps. Cool down with 20 mins of indoor spinning as a recovery ride.

Played 18 holes on an executive course hitting two balls. 

After my round of golf, I went  back to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine at a recovery pace. Finally, drank my protein shake.

I will do the same routine tomorrow.

2 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

JCrane

Started the morning with 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then did light power clean and push press for three sets of 8 reps, alternating with kettlebell swings for 10 reps. Cool down with 20 mins of indoor spinning as a recovery ride.

Played 18 holes on an executive course hitting two balls. 

After my round of golf, I went  back to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine at a recovery pace. Finally, drank my protein shake.

I will do the same routine tomorrow.

all I can say is wow !

JCrane

I like my new golf workout routine: elliptical machine, light Dumbbell Power Clean and press 3x8, kettlebell swings, and indoor spinning cooldown. My body is fully awake when I step on the first tee.

After finishing another 18 holes of golf, shot a 20 over par, I finished with 15 minutes of indoor spinning. Just finished lunch. Take a shower and then a nap to complete my afternoon.

1 hour ago, kenhockey2 said:

Jcrane:

How are your fitness workouts going? Are you playing any golf?

I live in Wisconsin so no golf until this spring. Last year I  developed a club which uses my Yoga philosophy in the respect, I swing it slow and controlled and add small amounts of weights to it as I progress, so I will start swinging that club in January. My overall fitness program is going great. I have moved it up to daily. 

For as good a shape as I thought I was in, when I started playing Pickleball, my muscles gave me a hard time. First I pulled a hamstring, that put me back a month, then my back muscles tightened up and I had to take a week off. But now it all systems go. The  Pickleball, Volleyball and Yoga all seem to be working in synchronicity with each other now. In time I will add some swimming back in and then of course golf when the weather permits.  

Legs/Shoulders Pairs today -- 4 sets (15/13/12/10) of each exercise:

Leg Curls + Military Presses (no rest between pair)

Leg Reverse Curls + Landmine Presses (no rest between pair)

Romanian Deadlifts + Front Delt Raises (no rest between pair)

Squats + Side Delt Raises (no rest between pair)

I add weight on 12 rep and 10 rep series -- rest between finished pair and changing PowerTec Lever machine settings.  The entire workout from start to finish is 30-35 minutes.  Occasionally, I will jump rope for 10 minute intervals to really push the heart/lungs (total of 40 minutes)

Then I will hang on the inversion table for about 3-5 minutes (to stretch out...)

6 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

After finishing another 18 holes of golf, shot a 20 over par, I finished with 15 minutes of indoor spinning. Just finished lunch. Take a shower and then a nap to complete my afternoon.

The nap is the best part re-energizing 

2 hours ago, dano0726 said:

Legs/Shoulders Pairs today -- 4 sets (15/13/12/10) of each exercise:

Leg Curls + Military Presses (no rest between pair)

Leg Reverse Curls + Landmine Presses (no rest between pair)

Romanian Deadlifts + Front Delt Raises (no rest between pair)

Squats + Side Delt Raises (no rest between pair)

I add weight on 12 rep and 10 rep series -- rest between finished pair and changing PowerTec Lever machine settings.  The entire workout from start to finish is 30-35 minutes.  Occasionally, I will jump rope for 10 minute intervals to really push the heart/lungs (total of 40 minutes)

Then I will hang on the inversion table for about 3-5 minutes (to stretch out...)

How long have you been using the table ?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

JCrane

I like my new golf workout routine: elliptical machine, light Dumbbell Power Clean and press 3x8, kettlebell swings, and indoor spinning cooldown. My body is fully awake when I step on the first tee.

sounds energizzzzing 

JCrane

This morning at 7:00 am, did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then, did my golf strength training: Dumbbell Power Clean and press , weighted crunches, Kettlebell swings superset with resistance band golf swings. Cool down with 20 mins of indoor spinning.

This afternoon, met my bike club members at the Marina to do 60 minutes of criterium intervals. What a butt kicker. Cool down with 15 minutes of easy spinning. 

This evening, going to the range to practice my irons. Might hit 9 holes on the executive course. It is a lighted course. 

Only in southern California. 

JCrane

You are doing an outstanding job staying active. Keep it up. You will be ready for golf in the Spring.

I had relatives who used to live in Brookfield, Wis. Beautiful place. Used to go up there during summer in the 90s. They have since relocated to northern California in the Bay Area

I am working hard on my golf game to play on the Stanford University golf course in Feb. Will play with my son who attends the University. Beautiful course. 

JCrane:

Hit the fitness center at 7:00 am. 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. Circuit weight training machines 2x12. Bench press machine 160x6x2. Shoulder Press machine 105x6x2. 20 minutes of indoor spinning as a cool down. 1.5 hour fitness workout.

I will play 18 holes of golf on Par 3 golf course this afternoon. I will go to the fitness center after golf and do an easy 30 minutes on the elliptical machine to cool down.

I have to take advantage of the nice southern California weather.  

Edited by kenhockey2
misspelling

JCrane

Did not play 18 holes. Ended up playing 9 holes. Cool down with 30 minutes of indoor spinning. 

Going back to the fitness center this evening to do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. 

Fitness goal this week.......Do two cardiovascular workouts for five days in a row. One more day to go!

I am fortunate the fitness center, LA Fitness, is 350 yards from my house. 

12 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

JCrane

You are doing an outstanding job staying active. Keep it up. You will be ready for golf in the Spring.

I had relatives who used to live in Brookfield, Wis. Beautiful place. Used to go up there during summer in the 90s. They have since relocated to northern California in the Bay Area

I am working hard on my golf game to play on the Stanford University golf course in Feb. Will play with my son who attends the University. Beautiful course. 

I lived in the Bay Area many years ago.I lived in San Mateo  and then Redwood City, but I did not play golf at that time and that is a shame. I worked for United Airlines at the SF airport. 

I think we both know if you don't use it you lose it and I have met too many people who have lost it. I saw a video the other day of Jack Nicholas driving golf balls at 77 and it still has it