IGNORED

Paula Creamer vs. Natalie Gulbis

Birdie
Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Were not talking about game here!

• Paula Creamer
    • Natalie Gulbis
    • Other

I always get the feeling that if Gulbis spent more time on the game, and less on her marketing enterprises, she'd make a few more cuts and get competitive. I understand why she'd want to cash in while the getting's good, but I wonder, if she focused solely on golf, what could be.

That's what I thought too, but I keep hearing the announcers say that's not the case. More than once (and by different announcers) I've heard them say that she is one of the hardest working women on the LPGA - that she works with Butch Harmon all the time (one of the reasons she lives in Las Vegas). I do know that she has been working through some swing changes. She is working with Harmon to convert to a more conventional, compact swing, instead of that deep dipping one that is certain to lead to back problems, even with her hyperflexibility as a result of the extra vertebrae in her back. Oh, and: I still like Paula better because of her game, her smile, and because I'm not really a fan of bleached hair like Natalie's. But I think Natalie is a LOT smarter than people give her credit for.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought too, but I keep hearing the announcers say that's not the case. More than once (and by different announcers) I've heard them say that she is one of the hardest working women on the LPGA - that she works with Butch Harmon all the time (one of the reasons she lives in Las Vegas).

Fair enough ... but picture #2 in your post carries the day for me anyway! Nice.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Wow what a rear end on gulbis.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Fair enough ... but picture #2 in your post carries the day for me anyway! Nice.

Yes, she spends a lot of time working on her physical fitness. She would have a fantastic figure even without (what I suspect are) the aftermarket accessories.

Paula's my girl. I will usually opt for the girl next door look over Vegas cocktail waitress.

Thanks for the laugh, I agree.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

Anna Rawson

check that chick out.

now you know her because of me.

glad i can help

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^ Yeah, thanks. I can honestly say I've never seen her mentioned about these forums before!
[/sarcasm]

Paula still beats her imho. Marginally.

But as for Gulbis, I just can't see the attraction...

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• 1 month later...

I wish I could have voted for both!

My Top 5

Natalie
Paula
Lorena
Grace Park
Anna Rawson
Jan Stephenson(Hon Mention)

Whats In The Bag!
Ball - NXT Tour
Driver 983E
#3 Burner
#5 Metal Railer#3, #5 Burner Rescue Hybrids #5-PW, Gap, Tour CB Irons Wedges (56)588 - (60)CG BlackPearl Putter - Rossa Daytona

Its surely between these two as far as looks go. But who do you rank number one? If there is any one else you think challenges either of these fine young ladies, please make it known!

I HATE surveys or polls that say you have to pick one or the other to be #1. Therefore, I vote for BOTH, and it is a tie!!! Paula----the girl next door; Natalie---the flirty Captain of the Cheerleading Squad. Are we not fortunate that BOTH are starring on the LPGA Tour right now, and BOTH are proven winners!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I HATE surveys or polls that say you have to pick one or the other to be #1. Therefore, I vote for BOTH, and it is a tie!!! Paula----the girl next door; Natalie---the flirty Captain of the Cheerleading Squad. Are we not fortunate that BOTH are starring on the LPGA Tour right now, and BOTH are proven winners!!

Well said. That just might be the best post in this thread.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!