IGNORED

My Swing (Beachcomber)

Beachcomber

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

That is awesome!  You might want to make sure you are either going spikeless or are off the green before you start the dance.  (It certainly has a name, but I don't know what it is)

The AimPoint Shuffle!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PSY Gangnam Style should incorporate that move!

Originally Posted by Stretch

Nice!

Please refer to 1:50 of this video for the appropriate response to consistently making these out on the course.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... I've been hitting the ball either very well - like scary good.  Or find myself hitting hooks on the course... With a lot of heel shots on my misses.  Ocasionally - I'll hit a dreaded shank.  And I've noticed that I'm hitting my 8i lately - very close to the hosel... And the shanks have been rearing their ugly head.  So I hit a bunch of 8i shots tonight and caught a shank on video.  I'm hoping I can fix this once and for all...

PS. Shanks still happen even for single digit handicappers. Golf is hard.

lol, the cool thing about that is that somebody probably walked past as you hit that shot and mumbled to themselves "he sucks."

FWIW, I hit three of those last night.  One just happened to come immediately after the guy in the stall left of me admired my swing and asked me what I was working on, which drew the attention of the semi-attractive lady in the stall right of me for my next couple swings.  I then proceeded to hit a shank, and I'm sure she was thinking to herself "not sure what the old man is going on about...he sucks!"

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator

Back up. You're too close to the ball. Bend from the hips, round your shoulders, and let your knees bend more.

Beyond that, it's an easy one:

You're not going to be able to maintain your tilts with that posture, though. You lack room.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Agree with Erik, what stood out to me was the lack of flex in the knees/ankles.  Add some more pressure towards the toes and I think that will help your distance to the ball.  You're kind of close while sitting back on your heels a bit.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thank you for the feed back.  Great point on the knee flex.  Looking back at the video - and thinking about my stance.  I feel like I have zero knee flex.  I'm 5'9"... Any models you'd recommend I take a closer look at?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Thank you for the feed back.  Great point on the knee flex.  Looking back at the video - and thinking about my stance.  I feel like I have zero knee flex.  I'm 5'9"... Any models you'd recommend I take a closer look at?

Here's a couple that have a similar body type to you, McNary as well

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Perfect.  I'm going to print these out and laminate them.  Take them to the range and ensure I'm getting that knee bend.

I'm going to take some updated video tonight - and try and remember to wear a hat and khakis to match the neck tilt and knee flex found in these references.

• Administrator

Perfect.  I'm going to print these out and laminate them.  Take them to the range and ensure I'm getting that knee bend.

No need. Just do it in a mirror at home. Don't laminate your computer screen. That'd be silly. :)

Here are some other good models for setup:

P.S. Just put the photos on your phone and take that with you. :)

• Upvote 1

Perfect.  I'm going to print these out and laminate them.

Make them your desktop.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Make them your desktop.

Never going to happen.

I'm in sales... I can see it now... I go to give a presentation - and connect to a projector that shows my background, before I jump into Power point ... The first thing people are going to think is... "We don't want this guy being our account manager, when we need to reach him... He'll never answer because he'll be out on the course."

(so I'll just continue to 'barrow' your Master's oak tree background)

Hey, I appreciate the tip! I'm going to email the photo to myself so I can put it on my phone.

Originally Posted by iacas

No need. Just do it in a mirror at home. Don't laminate your computer screen. That'd be silly. :)

Originally Posted by iacas

Originally Posted by jamo

Make them your desktop.

I have Autocad and a plotter with 36" wide roll paper here at work.  I could take one of the pics and plot it lifesize and you can either bring a cardboad cut-out of Robert Rock to the range with you (that wouldn't be weird at all), or on your wall or mirror at home.

Or maybe they make those "Fathead" sticker things of good 5'-9" golfers at setup, instead of just Ben Roethlisberger??

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I have Autocad and a plotter with 36" wide roll paper here at work.  I could take one of the pics and plot it lifesize and you can either bring a cardboad cut-out of Robert Rock to the range with you (that wouldn't be weird at all), or on your wall or mirror at home.

Or maybe they make those "Fathead" sticker things of good 5'-9" golfers at setup, instead of just Ben Roethlisberger??

LOL... Ben Roethlisberger?!?  That would be the LAST Fathead I'd want!

Do you have a 3D Stratasys printer?  How about making a 3D mold of Rocky for me?  I'll have it cast and donate it to RSJ - and have them permanently place it in one of the stalls for quick reference!!

LOL... Ben Roethlisberger?!?  That would be the LAST Fathead I'd want!

Do you have a 3D Stratasys printer?  How about making a 3D mold of Rocky for me?  I'll have it cast and donate it to RSJ - and have them permanently place it in one of the stalls for quick reference!!

I just picked him because he's the one I remember from their old commercials.  Besides, I don't think that would work anyway because my brother is a Mets nut and has a David Wright fathead on the wall of his game room, and either David Wright is 5'-2" 160 or those things aren't quite life size.

Sorry no 3D printer ... but if we're thinking that big, why not just get an R2D2 from Sharper Image or Skymall, and have him project a hologram of RR directly onto your hitting station?  Then you can practice from inside Robert Rock.

I mean, you can go with the sensible suggestions of Erik and Mike, but no way those are as awesome as bringing your own droid to the driving range!

Ok... Crisis adverted!  The additional knee flex at address shifted my swing path back on the original plane... Here are a few swings at the range tonight with the 8i.

Here is the impact left on the face of the 8i club after hitting ~ dozen shots. The photo is unedited.

It is amazing how changing knee flex - changed my swing path and got everything back in order!!!   Thank you so much Erik and Mike!!