IGNORED

My Swing (Beachcomber)

Beachcomber

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL ... Beach, isn't this why they call you a "goat humper?"

perhaps i missed this somewhere in the 18 pages of posts :) just called it how i saw it

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Originally Posted by onephenom

perhaps i missed this somewhere in the 18 pages of posts :) just called it how i saw it

Yeah, he does have a pretty long swing thread, eh?  I have no idea where in there he got the nickname, just that I think that pelvis move is where it came from.

I try not to miss any opportunities to crack wise with him. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Goat Humper... I think that came out in the very first page... Definitely by the second.  I thank Stretch for that nickname. And I'm trying to tackle this flaw - once and for all right now.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Spent some time at the range today... Here are a few 6i swings.  Meh...

"Meh" because of the contact or picture?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

"Meh" because of the contact or picture?

Meh because:

1.) I still have a bowed wrist at A4.

2.) Head is still coming off the wall at A7.

3.) Right arm is still over flexing a touch.

I hit some solid shots when I focused on getting my weight on my left foot at address (S&T; feel).  When I don't get that weight on my left foot at address (60/40ish)... I find my low point is often fat.

• Administrator

Shoot a rear view.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Shoot a rear view.

See what that elbow/scapula is doing?

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

See what that elbow/scapula is doing?

No. Those appear fine.

I want to see the sequencing of some things. Right elbow trajectory and timing, hand path, hips/knees. All A4 to A6.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll get to the course later this week and re-film from the DTL, Caddy and Posterior.

Mike does that DTL setup look better with the camera?  I tried to move it left.  Please let me know if you think I need to move it further left or if it was acceptable.  Looks like I could get closer with the camera on the Caddy.

Mike does that DTL setup look better with the camera?  I tried to move it left.  Please let me know if you think I need to move it further left or if it was acceptable.  Looks like I could get closer with the camera on the Caddy.

Looks better for sure.  Erik, how does that look to you?  Camera almost makes everything look like you're looking into a bowl.

Mike McLoughlin

I'll get to the course later this week and re-film from the DTL, Caddy and Posterior.

Shawn, can you adjust the zoom on the lens?  I don't know much about these cameras but I checked their webiste and couldn't tell.  It's set at a really wide angle (10mm maybe??) and I'm wondering if its adjustable?  If it is, get it as close to 50mm as you can.  That's your standard portrait, no distortion either way, distance.

Yeah the fisheye effect is something that is a known issue with the wide angle lens found on the GoPro Hero 3 POV camera.  It can be tweaked by using editing software like Creative Suite from Adobe... But that is a $600 set of software that I don't have, nor want to buy.  So unfortunately, it still has that issue.  If anyone knows of an easy way to eliminate fisheye using the GPH3... Please let me know.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Shawn, can you adjust the zoom on the lens?  I don't know much about these cameras but I checked their webiste and couldn't tell.  It's set at a really wide angle (10mm maybe??) and I'm wondering if its adjustable?  If it is, get it as close to 50mm as you can.  That's your standard portrait, no distortion either way, distance.

I dunno.  I'll need to look into the camera settings to see if I can figure it out.  This is my first real camera that I really cared about.  So I guess I should learn the lingo and how to use it?  All my other cameras have always been point and shoot cameras with auto zoom, etc for portraits.  So I didn't really need to play with any of the settings - or care to learn any of the settings.  But with this new GPH3... I'm probably missing some setting to reduce the effects of the fisheye??

• Administrator

I dunno.  I'll need to look into the camera settings to see if I can figure it out.  This is my first real camera that I really cared about.  So I guess I should learn the lingo and how to use it?  All my other cameras have always been point and shoot cameras with auto zoom, etc for portraits.  So I didn't really need to play with any of the settings - or care to learn any of the settings.  But with this new GPH3... I'm probably missing some setting to reduce the effects of the fisheye??

Yes. Just set the field to narrow and not wide. :) Even "narrow" isn't particularly narrow.

P.S. 240 constrains it to "wide," btw. So in 240 FPS mode, no, you can't change it.

Originally Posted by iacas

Yes. Just set the field to narrow and not wide. :) Even "narrow" isn't particularly narrow.

P.S. 240 constrains it to "wide," btw. So in 240 FPS mode, no, you can't change it.

Yeah I was just looking at that... 240fps is fixed at wide.

Ok, crisis adverted.  Adobe Photoshop Premiere Elements 9.0 - a friend hooked me up with CS2, and I was able to install and edit my video accordingly.  Here is the video without the Fisheye.

improvement not sure what would be wrong with this swing. Your swing is evolving for sure.

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove