IGNORED

Nickent 4DX Evolver - swapping out shaft

Note: This thread is 4517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I purchaed the evolver from Rock bottom golf for cheap - and it comes with a regular shaft and I want to put in a new shaft ( XS )

It has .350 tip. I purchased a set of .350 shaft hosels off ebay.

Now....

If I buy any .350 tip shaft will it work and be as easy as me taking it to a pro shop for them to insert into the hosel adapter thing, then into the club?

Or is there something I am missing?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I believe you are missing something. One manufacturer's stiff or extra stiff may be another manufacturer's regular.

The head is fairly light, about 190 grams. So, an extra stiff won't flex as much using that head.

Rock Bottom has a disgusting habit of just installing an unfinished shaft into the Evolver head. By that, I mean when you order the Pershing stiff shaft with the Evolver, they just install it untipped, and it cpm's at about 232, about lady's flex. From what I have read, when you get a Pershing stiff, you need to tip it about an inch to get it to play to stiff flex.

You may be able to take a new shaft to a club shop, and ask them to have it cpm to between 250-260 cpm's. Also, mention the 190 gram head weight, which they would take into consideration in arriving at a good cpm for you.

Ok....

So back to my question...can I just go and buy a shaft and get it fitted without any extra parts/tools?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If you have the cyg hosel, the answer is yes. Just take the hosel and shaft to the club shop. They should be able to determine if they need to tip the shaft for you. They would install the shaft into the hosel and put a grip on.

You should also have the Nickent wrench (should have come with the driver) to get the club head off of the current hosel. If you don't, I think a quarter inch allen wrench will work.

• Upvote 1

Also Nickent made 2 versions of the Evolver.  My guess if you bought it off Rockbottomgolf (as did I) it probably came with the hossel that allows for easy swapping of shafts but is not adjustable.    There is also another version with the CYG hossel which allows face angle changes and perhaps even loft adjustments.

If you have one of the above versions, but the hossel adapter (ebay), buy the shaft you want and have a clubbuilder install the shaft into the adapter and attach it to the head using the wrench.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Interesting, I bought one from RBG with a UST Proforce V2 High Launch with a senior flex.  Granted its a senior flex but does feel much softer than a normal sr flex.

Downside is I butt cut it to play at 45".

Might need to tip cut it and make it play a little firmer.  downside is my swingweight would be super low and the shaft characteristics would be very off.

Originally Posted by HighSide

Rock Bottom has a disgusting habit of just installing an unfinished shaft into the Evolver head. By that, I mean when you order the Pershing stiff shaft with the Evolver, they just install it untipped, and it cpm's at about 232, about lady's flex. From what I have read, when you get a Pershing stiff, you need to tip it about an inch to get it to play to stiff flex.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!