IGNORED

Durable Tour Ball

Note: This thread is 4423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by nickel_aTm

Have you tried Titleist NXT Tours?  In terms of pure performance, I mentioned above that I like the Bridgestone B330 as my top choice.  However, if you factor cost into the equation, I like NXT Tours the most.  My swing speed (mid-90's) is similar to yours and they hold the green fine with any decent contact ... for me anyway.

Thanks,

I'll give them a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep playing the Penta, because it's the greatest ball ever made.  Go back a tee or two, so you won't be hitting as many full wedges into greens.

I kid.  But I wouldn't trade my Pentas for anything.  I'd buy another 10 dozen right now.  I love that ball.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played the Penta for some time now and it is very durable. A little more durable than the V1x, and pretty much the same as far as performance goes. I bought a bunch of them at the closeout sale last year, buy three get two for free. Great deal on top balls.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I tried the pentas again with the conforming wedges and that did seem to make a differenece.  The new TP5s could be more durable as well.  I will probably play those or the srixon zstar xv balls this year. It just depends on what price I can get them for.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 4423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!