IGNORED

2012 Farmers Insurance Open Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Waaaaa? He tripled the 72nd? Why oh why did I change the channel after the 71st hole for some NBA action. Went to Golf Central during a commercial to watch some highlights, and then saw the playoff coverage. Crazy game.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

shocking that are only offering odds on the golf without kyle stanley, may save me money in the end but can see sneds winning!

my tweet an hour ago, fuming!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Good on Feherty for realizing Stanley wanted absolutely nothing of that interview.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I can't believe he lost. I wish I didn't delete my DVR recording already.... I really wanna watch the 72nd hole to see what happened. I always thought that hole was the easiest on that course to par for a pro. Just lay-up and give yourself a stock wedge distance. Of course, it sounds so easy in theory... but damn.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I can't believe he lost. I wish I didn't delete my DVR recording already.... I really wanna watch the 72nd hole to see what happened. I always thought that hole was the easiest on that course to par for a pro. Just lay-up and give yourself a stock wedge distance. Of course, it sounds so easy in theory... but damn.

he layed-up, hit a wedge into the middle of the green but it ripped back into the water, hit his 5th to the back of the green on top of the ledge and 3 putted, missing a 3 footer

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

he layed-up, hit a wedge into the middle of the green but it ripped back into the water, hit his 5th to the back of the green on top of the ledge and 3 putted, missing a 3 footer

Unbelievable.

Constantine

That approach to the 72nd screamed tightness when he needed soft arms and hands to hit it high and land it soft. Feel bad for the guy, but hopefully this will make him better in the future. The experience of Sneds came through in the end. That put he drained on the playoff hole on 16 was rock solid...

Gawd I hate to see someone lose like that. He was on total autopilot thru 71 1/2 holes, and even that third shot wasn'tt bad...jeez you'd think hitting it past the hole would have gotten the job done.

I am so rooting for him to win next week.

That was tough to watch .... except I had Snedeker picked on my Fantasy team!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Originally Posted by Boyder

That was tough to watch .... except I had Snedeker picked on my Fantasy team!!

i picked him to win when he was 4 back but sky bet were only offering odds for the winner without stanley, gutted!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Quote:

Gary McCord just called your boy Johnny "Question Mark" ...ha ha ha! Sorry but that was kinda funny

Classic unfunny Gary McCord trying to be funny I suppose.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I heard that and thought I must have mis-heard it, so I rewound it and yep, that's what he said.  I'm sure he'll get an e-mail about that tomorrow from the execs.

Particularly since it was brought up in an interview released, just this morning, on pgatour.com: Huh trying to be more than an interesting name

Anyhow, John really held himself together today under the circumstances. In the final group on Sunday in only his second tournament on the PGA Tour at only 21 years old!

And its already been mentioned here, but what a gutwrentching way to lose. Stanley's approach to 18 looked great even as it took its first hop. A nice wedge 15 feet past the hole. You'd think for sure that would be safe. A three shot lead gone in a flash, and then to lose the playoff, sheesh. Poor guy! Have to feel bad for him!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

And its already been mentioned here, but what a gutwrentching way to lose. Stanley's approach to 18 looked great even as it took its first hop. A nice wedge 15 feet past the hole. You'd think for sure that would be safe. A three shot lead gone in a flash, and then to lose the playoff, sheesh. Poor guy! Have to feel bad for him!

One to remember for all those hackers who think backspin is "cool" and want to get the ball to come back.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

OH MY GOD!  Poor guy!   I was just watching it for the first time, and my DVR cut off after his 5th shot into the back of the green.  I thought to myself...surely he doesn't three jack it.   So I checked my fantasy and saw that Sneds got a 20 point bonus for the win and my jaw just dropped.  Oh man!   I still haven't seen the highlights because stupid golf channel is showing "The Worst Golf Movie Ever Made" (starring Shea Ladouche) for tenth time this week. Even though I do like Sneds, I almost don't want to see the replay...I hate watching stuff like this happen to people.

Was it just me or did his caddie not really do that good of job picking up his player after he hit that ball in the water? ...Waldman kinda gave him the WTF are you doing look multiple times and looked annoyed.  He needs to stay as positive as possible in that situation...laugh it off almost.  Don't snag the club Kyle pulls out of his hand and say "we aren't taking that risk"...even if it was the right choice.   At least thats what I saw...could be wrong.   Waldman probably just wished he could hit the shot for him.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by Ben

Quote:

Classic unfunny Gary McCord trying to be funny I suppose.

Particularly since it was brought up in an interview released, just this morning, on pgatour.com: Huh trying to be more than an interesting name

Anyhow, John really held himself together today under the circumstances. In the final group on Sunday in only his second tournament on the PGA Tour at only 21 years old!

I know man...it was very immature.  John did great!  And he got a front row seat for Stanley's meltdown.  He probably learned a lot from just watching that go down.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

OH MY GOD!  Poor guy!

Any sympathy I had for the guy evaporated when I saw the LPGA style lining up from his caddy. Not a good look.

Well done Huh. That was a great putt on 18.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 4479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!