IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It let me join on the EA website, but not on the PS3 itself.  So I made one for PS3.  If there's a way to cross platform I'm still cool with that.

The game plays a lot slower than '12.  Created myself, played in the first amateur tournament and won it at +2.  Made a few birdies, couple bogies, overall it wasn't too bad.  I have it on Tour Pro and I'm not sure I'd even be able to putt if the meter wasn't there.  I constantly overswing and have slow temp but the ball goes where I want it.  Oh well.

Hi guys, I just joined the TST CC for xbox 360. Havent got the game yet, hopefully over the weekend. Will be fun to play against/with you guys even on my Australian Time Zone.

Hit me up if you like GT: binga30

the biggest downfall I've read about using the kinect is that there is a delay and it seems as though you don't really have to make a full swing to hit a full shot in game.  I think that all in all, it was a great selling point but falls well short of simulating a real golf swing.

Grain of salt...I haven't actually played with a kinect.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I'm wondering: how accurate is today's [URL=http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/30]Penny Arcade[/URL] ?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What happened to the chipping? That is not a chip...it's a pitch. I don't know about you guys but I don't take a half swing and cock my wrist when I chip.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

This is my first time playing a Tiger Woods game (other than playing alittle bit of TW 2007), so I thought that I would use the caddy feature to help me learn to play. Boy was I wrong to do that. The caddy feature sucks. I found that alot of the time it was telling me to move the shot so far away from where I really should be (I'm talking 30 yards to the right or left, way short or too long). I stopped using the feature.

I agree. I have over shot the green several times on the short grass next to the green trying to get it to the hole.

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

What happened to the chipping? That is not a chip...it's a pitch. I don't know about you guys but I don't take a half swing and cock my wrist when I chip.

Originally Posted by chilipepper205

This is my first time playing a Tiger Woods game (other than playing alittle bit of TW 2007), so I thought that I would use the caddy feature to help me learn to play. Boy was I wrong to do that. The caddy feature sucks. I found that alot of the time it was telling me to move the shot so far away from where I really should be (I'm talking 30 yards to the right or left, way short or too long). I stopped using the feature.

Hmm, in the demo..I never have that problem. When it had me move way off what I would think was the line, its because he was factoring in the wind and also a draw or fade.

As far as chipping, are you guys selecting chip for the shot type?

Put up the first tournament on the PS3 Sand Trap CC.  I've only played 2 rounds total so far, so I'm not too sure on how a lot of it works but we'll figure it out along the way.

I agree. I have over shot the green several times on the short grass next to the green trying to get it to the hole.

They had it perfect for the last couple years...short easy stroke. I don't even know what they are trying to do with this new chipping. It's f'n impossible to shorten your swing...can't believe tiger would sign off on this. I don't have a kinect yet though...is it better or is it just like playing it on wii? Tiger on wii was fun for about a month...then I got sick of standing up...wasn't realistic enoughnfor me to spend 45 minutes standing in front of my tv...it was fun to play when you had friends over and having some cocktails but not by myself. Im not a lazy guy by any means but don't play video games to get my exercise...I do it to veg out. That is why I bought 2012 for both Xbox and wii so I could have the option. Sometimes I like to just lay around and play tiger....though if kinect is as good as they have been promoting it, I'll probably buy one.. But I have been reading a lot of negative reviews.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

the biggest downfall I've read about using the kinect is that there is a delay and it seems as though you don't really have to make a full swing to hit a full shot in game.  I think that all in all, it was a great selling point but falls well short of simulating a real golf swing.

Grain of salt...I haven't actually played with a kinect.

That's how it was with wii...you could actually just play it sitting down and swing with one arm. Im not buying a kinect until I can try it first.

what game did you play mario golf? try pga tour 12 with motion plus on tour pro and see how you do sitting down. it accurately tracked swing path and club face angle through the whole swing

chipping in this is easy......lower the strike point below the ball and quickly go bavk and forth on the stick...i get up and down 95% of the time

That's how it was with wii...you could actually just play it sitting down and swing with one arm. Im not buying a kinect until I can try it first.

No...and yes you can still play motion plus with one hand.  And I was being slightly sarcastic.

I guess I didn't think about the strike point with chipping...I haven't really used that at all really.  I'll try it out.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

what game did you play mario golf? try pga tour 12 with motion plus on tour pro and see how you do sitting down. it accurately tracked swing path and club face angle through the whole swing

chipping in this is easy......lower the strike point below the ball and quickly go bavk and forth on the stick...i get up and down 95% of the time

I would like to see a video of someone playing tw12 on wii with at least tour pro difficulty scoring well sitting down, or even swinging with one hand standing up for that matter. Ive always used the chicken stick, and couldn't imagine playing without it.

Yeah the chipping thing is almost broken. Strike point is neat, allows for flops, authentic sand blasts, I think if you get really good with it you will have a solid handle on the game.

No...and yes you can still play motion plus with one hand.  And I was being slightly sarcastic.

I guess I didn't think about the strike point with chipping...I haven't really used that at all really.  I'll try it out.

I would like to see a video of someone playing tw12 on wii with at least tour pro difficulty scoring well sitting down, or even swinging with one hand standing up for that matter. Ive always used the chicken stick, and couldn't imagine playing without it.

Yeah the chipping thing is almost broken. Strike point is neat, allows for flops, authentic sand blasts, I think if you get really good with it you will have a solid handle on the game.

Chipping still sucks even with strike point...unrealistic swing...in 2012 it was a short swing and you could chip up by taking low road with an 8 iron or check it up with a 60. I have bought every tiger game since it has come out so I still score well it's just things like this that piss me off. Shows that non golfers make these games.

I don't know if they have changed chipping since the demo but I have no problems with it at all.. its a very short swing and I don't fly the ball over the green.  Are you moving the shot stick back slower??  I just move the stick slower and hardly ever take it to the line marking for my selected target distance.

I've played bump and runs with 8 irons, chipped with the 60, used the PW, and have no problems with any of them.

I select "chip" as the shot type...move my target to where I want to land, then make a more deliberate swing and it works.

Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!