IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure how many of you play the EA Sports video games, but I love them. I usually customize the difficulty to make it a challenge, but sometimes it's fun to rattle off 6 straight birdies on the easier settings. Anyway, it's a month away from the new release. I wish they'd add one of the Bandon Dunes courses, not that I've ever played there, but it's a world renown course in my somewhat backyard.

I own TW11 on Wii and love it. I did think about getting TW12 on PS3 with a Move controller but it was a fair amount to shell out for the hardware and software at once, especially as the game didn't seem to have that much different about it (as usual with EA's franchises)

I'd definitely think about TW13 on PS3 though. I like the new "Young Tiger" idea just to add some more fun to the game. Also I sincerely hope they remove that silly frisbee game.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Yeah for sure, I know it's hard to pony up the money when they don't change a bunch, but this year it sounds like changes are a plenty. The new swing features are awesome, and the "shotshapeaholics" will have a blast trying all types of different swing set-ups. Hell, might even help your real game out on the course, just in how you think on the golf course. Not that farfetched of an idea.

Ill be getting it as well. Not sure if i want to get it for xbox or ps3. Ill probably get it on ps3 just because I dont play many games on that but I think the graphics are a little better.

"Shotshapeaholics"?

Well fingers crossed they use the correct ball flight laws, not "shape this ball from right to left in a draw by rotating your right hand over the left at impact" ;)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I sold my copy of '12 a few months ago. It didn't really hold any long-term value to me, but I'll probably be buying it again (in addition to '13), because '13 is dropping TPC Boston, which is the only course on the Tiger Woods games I've ever played. It looks like '13 is going to have most of the same things that annoyed me about '12, in that you'll have to pay well over $100 if you want all of the features, courses, and players.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Someone started a thread titled "Shotshapeaholic" so I was just making a little reference to that. If you're playing with an actual controller, and maybe even the Wii or Kinect, you can set up stance, swing tempo, plane, and where on the ball you hit, all on each shot. It sounds pretty cool and should open up a lot of variety with each and every club in your virtual bag.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

"Shotshapeaholics"?

Well fingers crossed they use the correct ball flight laws, not "shape this ball from right to left in a draw by rotating your right hand over the left at impact" ;)

I sold my copy of '12 a few months ago. It didn't really hold any long-term value to me, but I'll probably be buying it again (in addition to '13), because '13 is dropping TPC Boston, which is the only course on the Tiger Woods games I've ever played. It looks like '13 is going to have most of the same things that annoyed me about '12, in that you'll have to pay well over $100 if you want all of the features, courses, and players.

Thankfully, I did just figure out how to get Live to work here at school, so when it comes out (or now, either way), my Xbox gamer tag (are they still called that?) is Jamo358 if anyone wants to play me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thankfully, I did just figure out how to get Live to work here at school, so when it comes out (or now, either way), my Xbox gamer tag (are they still called that?) is Jamo358 if anyone wants to play me.

One of these days, I'll get a headset and/or a keyboard for my controller so I can try online games without being all awkward and quiet during it. I'm DocShindig on that service, although my live account expires around Masters Sunday, so I need to renew that...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think Tiger Woods '12 is a great game.  I've only had the game for a couple weeks but still amazed by how accurate and realistic the swings and response are.  This also considering I haven't played a TW game since the '08 version.

Follow my journey to the Tour on Twitter @j_p_mcquade

One of these days, I'll get a headset and/or a keyboard for my controller so I can try online games without being all awkward and quiet during it. I'm DocShindig on that service, although my live account expires around Masters Sunday, so I need to renew that...

The keyboard is $8 less than normal on Amazon, and if you have a regular old Bluetooth headset, that should work. (I'm pretty sure you don't need the official one, but I'll test out mine this coming weekend.)

In my bag:

The keyboard is $8 less than normal on Amazon, and if you have a regular old Bluetooth headset, that should work. (I'm pretty sure you don't need the official one, but I'll test out mine this coming weekend.)

Okay... so, the one on Amazon looks like it has a keypad and a wired headset for $23. I think I'll hurry up and get this, given my habit of waiting forever to decide (and sometimes letting inertia keep me from making a purchase). I've got tons of bluetooth headsets - some cheap ones from woot, plus a moderate-to-good one that I use with my phone when I'm driving. So if a normal one works, I'll kick myself for going almost a year without chatting.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

It's going to have a Rory McIlroy legacy mode as well: [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSxar6dXq3g&feature;=youtu.be[/VIDEO] I'm assuming that's included in the U.S. version (which has Fowler on the cover, not Rory), but I don't think they've said so explicitly.

In my bag:

Funny; in the game Rory's swings look slow compared to his real swing.

SWING DNA

I'll probably pick it up.  Ive got TW '12 and its great.  Not sure how I feel about the legacy mode.  It kind of reminds me of the old, "Cybertiger" game from the early '00s.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

When do you think the game will change names, like Rory McIllroy pga tour, or Rickie Fowler pga tour? Has been tigers game for so long, but eventually they'll have to change it.

P.S. Im not a tiger hater either.

Note: This thread is 4295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!