IGNORED

PLAYERS Prediction Thread

Puttin4Bird
Note: This thread is 6204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree, it's not a major, but it's damn fun to watch and it does have arguably the best field of the season. So let's here some predictions!

The winner will be?

The affect moving the even to May will be?

Major surprises of the event will be?

Since I started I'll go first,

Winner: Phil Mickelson
He's playing well now, back to back T3 finishes. It's all going to come together for Philly Mick this week.

New date will mean: Less interruption for weather delays, must more firm and fast track and higher scores. Possibly a -6 winning score.

Surprises: The major surprise will be that there are no surprises. It's going to be a top flight event and the leader board will read like a who's who of golf right now.

Bonus surprise: Ernie Els pulls a MC Hammer...aka Missed Cut
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Winner: Tiger Woods. I hate to be predictable but I think he's too tough right now.

May Date: Definitely the weather. Won't be delayed by rain as often (if at all). Also as a result the conditions play faster and firmer, with higher scores. I agree.

Surprises: I dunno... I can see some guys who have had past success here missing the cut, such as Davis Love and Stephen Ames. Jim Furyk also MC's and a European contends and comes up just short. Uhhh... I'll go with Paul Casey.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Boy the opening round has been disastrous for my fantasy team... my best scores are for Stenson at Even par.

Tiger has a lot of ground to make up being 8 shots back, but you can lose shots on this course as fast as you can make them up... so hopefully it will even out tomorrow.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

Tiger has a lot of ground to make up being 8 shots back, but you can lose shots on this course as fast as you can make them up... so hopefully it will even out tomorrow.

Yep. DL III walked up to #17 tee at 1-under and walked off #18 green at 5-over.

New date will mean: Less rain issues, the greens and such will play faster.

Surprises: Will that new tropical storm end up messing with the game by chance?

Bonus surprise: Tiger misses the cut. He ended 3 over, I think.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

You're too late for the winner prediction

As for gaining/losing strokes I think you can lose them faster than you can gain them. You guys mentioned Love, Paul Casey went to the 17th at -2 and left the 18th green at +2.

New date: Is the PGA getting to officially make it a major
Suprises: watch out for a European player

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

• Administrator

Everybody posting now just looks silly. C'mon, the first round is over. You have a slight advantage on picking the winner, wouldn't you say?

I'd close the thread altogether, but I think we can still rib each other a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everybody posting now just looks silly. C'mon, the first round is over. You have a slight advantage on picking the winner, wouldn't you say?

I thought the same thing and laughed a bit reading the later posts.

I was going to start a "Who's going to win the Wachovia" poll. I have a feeling Tiger might. Edit: Oh wait, there is one. I need to go vote in it!

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

LMAO @ Mickelson picks! I see right after I told this guy his Mickelson pick was too late I see there was another Mickelson prediction right after that. Anyways, I still don't think he'll win. He's got to deal with the afternoon winds today so we'll see who everyone's "pick" to win is after round 2 tomorrow morning

We'll see how accurate all the predictions are that come in Saturday night too, you wake up Sunday morning, pick 3 guys you think will win and we'll all marvel about how smart you are!

Mind you, my Mickelson pick was PRIOR to the tournament starting, however he still has a TON of work to do.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

• Administrator
I said somewhere else that Tiger might miss the cut, but it has moved back to +4!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

winner - Vijay Singh

Biggest Surprises - Adam Scott and Luke Donald do very well

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I said somewhere else that Tiger might miss the cut, but it has moved back to +4!

Wow, Tiger barely made the cut. Call me crazy but he's almost in a good position right now. I haven't looked at tomorrow's tee times yet but he has to be one of the very first groups off and if the conditions are anything like they have been the past couple of days he's going to have a good chance to post a good number and watch his name climb as he sits in the clubhouse. We'll see!

Note: This thread is 6204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!