IGNORED

Casual Spikeless Golf Shoes

Note: This thread is 4205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i would like to buy a pair of casual golf shoes like those made by Ecco, Footjoy, Ashworth, Nike, Adidas, etc.

Can anyone give me some recommendations on a casual spikeless golf shoe which offers very good comfort, very good stability, and very good traction?

Lew

• Administrator

http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/true_linkswear_2012_line

Or various other links around here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just bought the Ecco Biom Hybrids and they are very comfortable.  Haven't taken them on the course yet, but I don't think traction will be an issue.  My home course isn't very hilly so it won't be a great test anyway.  Also might try out the True Stealths if the Ecco's work out well on the course.

Joe Paradiso

The Nike Lunar Ascend shoes http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12614248&cp;=4406646.4413987.4417989 are very comfortable and provide good traction. I had to go a half size larger than my other shoes (FootJoys). The only negative is the fact that they are not waterproof.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

I am a huge fan of the FJ Contour Casuals.  They are so comfortable I have started wearing them as normal shoes. http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=339

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Here in Florida, I have to have waterproof golf shoes with all the water they have around many of the courses. When we get a heavy rain, a lot of the rough areas get kind of muddy.

Lew

Originally Posted by neonlew

Here in Florida, I have to have waterproof golf shoes with all the water they have around many of the courses. When we get a heavy rain, a lot of the rough areas get kind of muddy.

Lew

The FJ Contour Casuals are waterproof.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I believe the Nike Lunar Prevail are the waterproof version of the Ascends.  Same sole as the Ascend but 2 year limited waterproof warranty.

Originally Posted by stevejason

The Nike Lunar Ascend shoes http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12614248&cp;=4406646.4413987.4417989 are very comfortable and provide good traction. I had to go a half size larger than my other shoes (FootJoys). The only negative is the fact that they are not waterproof.

Joe Paradiso

TRUEs are the only ones I've tried, therefore the only ones I can endorse. :)

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Well these are pretty casual. treksport.JPG

I've played golf this spring with these Vibram treksports. The feeling is almost barefoot. Great for improving your weight shift.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I have a pair of 2011 True Tours that I love. By far the most comfortable golf shoe I've worn. Your closer to the ground and a bit more on your heels than in traditional shoes/golf shoes, which took some getting used to. But after a couple holes, they felt great. I felt that the grip was pretty good, I only slipped once or twice, and that was while walking down a somewhat steep, damp hill. Not once have I slipped while swinging with them, even in damp conditions.

I actually just ordered a second pair that should be here Wednesday.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I've got a pair of the ECCO, Oakley Ripcord and FootJoy Contour Casual.  All of them are great can't really put one ahead of the other, I swear by the spikeless shoes in general, but these 3 were the most comfortable of the ones I tried.  The ECCO were the most expensive, the Oakley the least expensive and have a 2 year warranty.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Anyone have comments on the Footjoy Contour Casual golf shoe?  I am leaning towards it, but would appreciate additional comments on that shoe by those who have worn it.

Lew

I recently bought the Ashworths.

Very comfortable shoes...And I tend to have "issues" with finding comfort in footwear.

Grip seems good, but my plan is to only use them on nice(r) days with traditional golf shoes on not-so-nice days.

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by newtogolf

Just bought the Ecco Biom Hybrids and they are very comfortable.  Haven't taken them on the course yet, but I don't think traction will be an issue.  My home course isn't very hilly so it won't be a great test anyway.  Also might try out the True Stealths if the Ecco's work out well on the course.

How do you like these kicks?  I'm in the market to buy another pair of black golf shoes and have been looking at these.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ecco-biom-hybrid-golf-shoe-men/3223120?cm_cat=datafeed&cm;_ite=ecco_'biom_hybrid'_golf_shoe_(men):393010&cm;_pla=shoes:men:athletic&cm;_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr;:ad=12528040673&mr;:adType=pla&mr;:keyword={keyword}&mr;:referralID=NA&mr;:trackingCode=F36AF1A8-CF88-E111-8435-001517B1882A&origin;=pla

I have some FootJoys MyJoys from a few years back and they feel great. Only really use them for putting around or going out though.

IMAG0906-1.jpg

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

I like them alot, they are more comfortable than the Street Premieres and are waterproof.  I don't recommend them in rain or on muddy courses but on a nice day they are my first choice out of all my golf shoes.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

How do you like these kicks?  I'm in the market to buy another pair of black golf shoes and have been looking at these.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ecco-biom-hybrid-golf-shoe-men/3223120?cm_cat=datafeed&cm;_ite=ecco_'biom_hybrid'_golf_shoe_(men):393010&cm;_pla=shoes:men:athletic&cm;_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr;:ad=12528040673&mr;:adType=pla&mr;:keyword={keyword}&mr;:referralID=NA&mr;:trackingCode=F36AF1A8-CF88-E111-8435-001517B1882A&origin;=pla

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I like them alot, they are more comfortable than the Street Premieres and are waterproof.  I don't recommend them in rain or on muddy courses but on a nice day they are my first choice out of all my golf shoes.

Thanks for the response newtogolf.  I'm going to order a pair.

Note: This thread is 4205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!