IGNORED

Prediction: Tiger Woods Dominates the Player's Championship This Week

Mr3Wiggle
Note: This thread is 4372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I thought he must have, but I read in the paper he hadn't broken 70 there in 15 years. They maybe meant 15 rounds? Either way, if the wind picks up he's a goner since I've also read he's a notoriously poor wind player.

He promptly drops a shot after the birdie on 4.  Crap!

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

How's Tiger doing? Another up and down day like yesterday?

I think they said the weather should stay the same throughout the weekend. Sunny, calm, and low humidity.

Phil is still in it at -2 under. Not bad, but now he needs a low round on Saturday, you know "moving day".

Zach is in the lead, wow. For some reason I just don't like him, never did.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

I think they said the weather should stay the same throughout the weekend. Sunny, calm, and low humidity.

Phil is still in it at -2 under. Not bad, but now he needs a low round on Saturday, you know "moving day".

Tiger even par.  1 birdie, 1 bogey, the rest pars.  Not sharp.

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley01

Tiger even par.  1 birdie, 1 bogey, the rest pars.  Not sharp.

Getting sharper by the minute.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Uh oh. Tiger is now at -2 under. And barely missed a birdie at 13, the ball should have went in, great putt just didn't drop.

If he can keep it going with no more bogeys to finish the round, he'll be in decent shape for the weekend.

He seems to have a smile on his face too, yes Tiger with a smile is rare these days.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Birdie putt on 18 for 67! Can he make it?

[RIGHT][/RIGHT][quote name="Mr3Wiggle" url="/t/57870/prediction-tiger-woods-dominates-the-players-championship-this-week/72#post_710674"]Birdie putt on 18 for 67! Can he make it?[/quote] Nope

Well, he hasn't dominated, but he did have one of the best rounds of the afternoon, with several shots that were a lot better than where they ended up. And it's a good sign, physically and mentally, that he was on the range practicing after the round. Six shots back isn't great, but it's certainly not insurmountable over two days. I think it would be kind of cool if he won this week to tie Jack's career wins mark, and then broke it at the Memorial.

Birdie putt on 18 for 67! Can he make it?

Almost a nice call by you though.  Kudos.  And he's only 6 off the lead?  He's got a chance.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by brocks

Well, he hasn't dominated, but he did have one of the best rounds of the afternoon, with several shots that were a lot better than where they ended up. And it's a good sign, physically and mentally, that he was on the range practicing after the round.

Six shots back isn't great, but it's certainly not insurmountable over two days. I think it would be kind of cool if he won this week to tie Jack's career wins mark, and then broke it at the Memorial.

He's actually already ahead of Jack in individual PGA victories.  Jack has 2 team events (when he was paired with Palmer) among his 73 tour wins.  So he only has 71 individual titles.  You can bet that if it was the other way around and it was Tiger with the team victories they wouldn't count in the minds of the Tiger detractors.  Just as US Amateurs no longer count as majors since Tiger has one more than Jack.

FWIW, 4 of Snead's 82 victories were team events - 2 with Ralph Guldahl (the best player no one in this generation has ever heard of) and 2 with Jim Ferrier.  Then there is the 1950 Crosby where he tied with 3 other guys.  Back then they apparently did not play off ties and it is counted in his 82.  In 1947 George Fazio and Ed Furgol tied and it wasn't played off.  I don't know if this was a peculiarity of the Crosby or if none of the PGA events had playoffs in the event of ties.  Anyone know?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The shot on 16 today - where he was in the left 'mulch' (?? not sure what his ball was resting on) was sick!  That shot took big $%@!! balls to hit - especially when he was flirting with the cut line (I believe he was -1  when he hit that approach shot?) and had water on the right of the green.  Wow.  Honestly - a great, great shot.  Probably the biggest shot of the day for Mr. Woods?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's actually already ahead of Jack in individual PGA victories.  Jack has 2 team events (when he was paired with Palmer) among his 73 tour wins.  So he only has 71 individual titles.  You can bet that if it was the other way around and it was Tiger with the team victories they wouldn't count in the minds of the Tiger detractors.  Just as US Amateurs no longer count as majors since Tiger has one more than Jack.

Yeah, the first of Byron Nelson's string of 11 straight wins was also a team event, the Miami Four-Ball. And Jack's three British Opens were not sanctioned by the PGA when he won them -- they even used an illegal (for the PGA) ball. But for better or worse, the PGA is the authority, and I go by what they say. [quote]FWIW, 4 of Snead's 82 victories were team events - 2 with Ralph Guldahl (the best player no one in this generation has ever heard of) and 2 with Jim Ferrier.  Then there is the 1950 Crosby where he tied with 3 other guys.  Back then they apparently did not play off ties and it is counted in his 82.  In 1947 George Fazio and Ed Furgol tied and it wasn't played off.  I don't know if this was a peculiarity of the Crosby or if none of the PGA events had playoffs in the event of ties.  Anyone know? [/quote] Apparently it was a local decision. I know that Byron Nelson beat Ben Hogan in an 18-hole playoff for the 1940 Texas Open, but the old Long Beach Open had ties in 1928 and 1930.

It was on some pine straw.  And yes it was a pretty good shot. From the rear view you could see that he actually started the ball on a line probably 2-5 yards over towards the water.  Not bad for a guy who was "done for good" 24 hours ago.

Brandon

Thinking that Tiger will dominate a tie for 6th place.

He looks so uncomfortable over the ball.

Wondering if he feels as bad as he looks.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Well that didn't happen.  Thought he had something going after his 2nd round 68.  I guess not.  If he's not hitting the ball better by the British Open he needs to seriously re-evaluate what he's doing with his swing.  Maybe even his equipment.

His equipment hasn't changed much, has it?

Brandon

He didn't really hit the ball that bad. The third round was even pretty good with 16 greens in regulation. But someone on the television said he only made 2 putts over 10 feet in all 4 rounds. You can't score really well without sinking some 15-20 footers.

Well that didn't happen.  Thought he had something going after his 2nd round 68.  I guess not.  If he's not hitting the ball better by the British Open he needs to seriously re-evaluate what he's doing with his swing.  Maybe even his equipment.

Note: This thread is 4372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!