IGNORED

Ecco Biom Hybrid Golf Shoe

Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone have any experience with Ecco's Biom Hybrid shoe?  Looking for comments on comfort, gripping, lateral support, etc.

I am thinking of getting a pair off of Ebay, but would like some idea on how they are for those who wear them.

Lew

I picked up a pair a few weeks ago.  They have become my favorite shoe.  Very comfortable plenty of grip.  I have not played with them in damp conditions yet so I can't comment of their performance there.

I rotate a few different pairs of shoes.  Right now I have 4 pairs and my next one will be another Ecco Biom.

Good luck

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have tried them all and no shoe can compete with Ecco.

They just fit my feet perfectly.

Others may not have the same experience.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Biom Hybrid is great, as Shorty said the fit is perfect and the Yak leather is very soft.  I don't like them in wet weather though, prefer soft cleats in the rain or on muddy courses.  I just ordered a pair of True Linkswear Stealth shoes so I'll compare them to the Biom Hybrid once I get them.

Joe Paradiso

I tried them on but didn't buy them.  They feel more built up like a traditional golf shoe such as my Adidas Tour 360's ATV's and I was looking for something lower to the ground so I didn't like them as much as the Hybrids.  The uppers are just as comfortable as the Hybrid, both are Yak leather.

Originally Posted by neonlew

Has anyone tried the Biom Hydromax golf shoe with the spikes? They look very interesting.

Lew

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by neonlew

Has anyone tried the Biom Hydromax golf shoe with the spikes? They look very interesting.

Lew

Yes, I have a pair. My Adidas tour 360s gave me blisters so I decided to give the eccos a try. Very comfortable shoes, very light, and the yak leather is super soft. They also have fantastic arch support, I don't know if I've ever had a pair of shoes with such good arch support.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

I have a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrids and like them quite a bit, they are my second favorite pair of shoes right behind my True PHX's.  Last Saturday I walked the first 18 in the Eccos and changed to the Trues for the second 18.  The Trues leave my feet feeling better after 36 than any other pair of shoes I have ever owned, and the Eccos are second best.

• 2 months later...

Only golf shoe I'll be buying from now on. When I tried them on, I thought they might be a bit snug since I bought the 45 (11 to 11.5) size when I normally buy a size 12 in athletic shoes, but they are perfect! Wore them first two days in heavy rain: stayed dry with no real traction issue, other than on a wet, mossy boardwalk where everyone else was having problems. Since then been golfing in 90+ degrees down on my home course in SC, and my feet, for once, don't get hot. More importantly, for the first time since I started golfing again - this time in earnest - my knees don't hurt at the end of 18 and I can easily rise up out of a low chair. I thought I'd be able to golf only a few more years the way it was going, but now I have no worry. No other problems, and of course, my knees no longer hurt! They are expensive, but worth it and I believe they'll last longer than most other shoes.

• 1 year later...

A Footjoy loyalist in every other aspect (Shirts, Shorts, Trousers, Windjackets, Raingear, Gloves and Socks), I tried on a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrids a year ago and was instantly hooked. I since acquired 5 pairs and would hate going back to another spikeless shoe. Footjoy has in my experience simply not come up with a spikeless shoe that can match the Ecco's quality and performance. The craftmanship on these shoes is of the highest standard.

The shoe fits perfectly (I wear a EU 46 or US 12) and provides great traction, grip and stability. The Yak leather is completely waterproof and very soft. They need not be 'walked in' - they are good to go for the round when you put them on the first time.

The Biom Hybrid relieves one of the dreaded spike pressure (especially on days with 36 holes) and is extremely green-friendly: no spike marks whatsoever, even on fragile greens.

They are easy to clean and maintain their form well. They don't look too shabby on a pair of khakis either. Each pair comes with a second pair of laces, in a different colour than the standard lace.

Two points of consideration however: Although grip is maintained in the wet, the Biom Hybrid is a low cut shoe and not performing well in soggy, muddy and very wet conditions. When one sinks away into soggy fairways and rough, the mud comes just too close to the sock for comfort. There are other Ecco models that could deal with these conditions effectively. I have kept my Footjoy XSP's for muddy days and they have always done their job well in the mud.

Secondly: The Biom Hybrid is a pricey shoe; understandably so, given the quality of materials and craftmanship involved. But be prepared to fork out around 250 USD (2500 ZAR) for a pair.

All in all, the Biom Hybrid has come to stay. Its been awhile since Mr Couples strutted around Augusta's fairways in that first model of the Hybrid. Ecco has done extremely well.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

I have about 120 rounds on a pair of ecco spikeless shoes.  And I walk every round.  I walk on the cart path a lot.  these shoes are finally worn out.  They held up better then my Tiger woods shoes.  I have never had any grip issues with them even in damp conditions.  You cannot go wrong with ecco.  I did have a pair of the biom hydromax shoes that I had to return because the eyelets started to pull out of the leather.  Golfsmith warrantied them even after about 30 rounds on them.

• 7 months later...

I recently picked up a pair of the biom hybrid shoes, and really enjoy them when walking the course.  They're on sale now too, probably because the biom hybrid 2 is out. (I would have liked to try something from the True linkswear line, but haven't found a nearby store that carries them.  Maybe someday when traveling.)

Has anyone here tried the hybrid 2?  Similar/same fit? Just design changes?

Just out of curiosity, I googled what the four dot logo was about.  Looks like it stands for anything in groups of four (NSEW, 4 seasons, 4 "elements," etc.)   As for me, I'll consider them to be for the four cardinal sins:  Slice, Hook, Fat, Thin.  (Yes, I could have added Sh***, but gotta make it work for 4 dots.) :-D

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 3 weeks later...
I've had the Ecco Biom Hybrids this entire season and I must say they are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. I haven't worn my Dryjoys since buying the Eccos. I highly recommend these shoes.

Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!