IGNORED

What if ...i did this. OK or not?

joekelly
Note: This thread is 4349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like tall, pink plastic tees just 5.35 cm in length which i mark with a pen, no other will do. However, often the tee box soil is hard-packed and the tee will not penetrate without deformation. May i pour a cup of water onto a spot, wait a few seconds, then push my tee into the now softer ground? I know that on the tee box i can, to a degree, improve my lie so maybe this soil amelioration will be OK.  I  have heard that the USGA rules guys will  not entertain hypothetical questions and i do not know if any ruling on this issue has been addressed so i' m asking all here.  Actually seems reasonable to me to add the water, but i have read that if i can do it then all may do the same, then the tee box might become a swamp for the final player which would be unfair. So here is a Q with 2 sides, for sure.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that from a rules perspective.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pink!!!???

There is a max limit of 4 inches on tee length, or 10.16 cm, but your's seem fine.....other than the color.

Pour away.

Regards,

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13-2 permits eliminating irregularities in the teeing ground before playing a shot.

The ground being too hard to put in a tee certainly is "irregular".

I'm not crazy about bits of plastic being strewn about the golf course though, must it be plastic?

Save the environment, and get some wood tees!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by jimmizu

13-2 permits eliminating irregularities in the teeing ground before playing a shot.

The ground being too hard to put in a tee certainly is "irregular".

I'm not crazy about bits of plastic being strewn about the golf course though, must it be plastic?

The course I work at has "eco tees". They're biodegradable and Al Gore approved. Jk on the Gore part.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7

The course I work at has "eco tees". They're biodegradable and Al Gore approved. Jk on the Gore part.

They are made by Al Gore.... he invents things!

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Note: This thread is 4349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!