IGNORED

Tommy Two-Gloves

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know they do. It's annoying. They waste a lot of money. Every state, every branch of government.

At least it distracts them a time from dreaming up some "green" tax or "fat" tax.

hammerTyme();
stop();

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Two-Gloves finished this week's Nationwide Tour event, the Cox Classic tied for 8th; I don't know for sure, but think that's probably his best finish yet on the Nationwide Tour. Way to go, Tommy!

I think a top 10 means he's exempt in next weeks tournament. If thats the case then mission accomplished. If he keeps giving himself chances he'll make it eventually.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

he wasnt going to play because he was atending his brother's wedding
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

• 3 weeks later...
For what it's worth, here's my best stab at Tommy Two-Gloves stats so far in 2007:

PGA Tour -- 1 event, 1 missed cut
Nationwide Tour -- 3 events, made 2 cuts, winnings = $21,515
NGA Hooters Tour -- 2 events, 2 cuts made, won 1 tournament, winnings = $34,997
NGA Hooters Tarheel Tour -- 8 events, 8 cuts made (7 top tens), won 1 tournament, winnings = $38,855

• 3 months later...
I just got off the phone with him about 20 min ago. He sounds very content with where he's at in this thing thru 3 rounds, but also knows he has 3 more rounds to go. He is very determined to get his tour card. As I told a friend of mine today, he has the names and numbers of everyone that said he couldn't do it. He wants to show them that he can.

Regardless of what happens over the last 3 rounds, TTG has shown that he can play at this level. His one PGA Event did not show his ability. The Wachovia was set up very tough. Some very good players did worse than TTG at his first PGA tour event, which some call the 5th major with Dubs Dread (Western Open) off the schedule.

F-Speed Driver 9*
F-Speed 3-wood
Boxer 3H
X20 Irons 4-AW
Tour 56* Tour 60* Sabertooth putter:taylormade: TP/Black ball

Seriously, how about this guy! What a great job.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

He made it in, but just barely....

I'm psyched to see how he does next year.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

He made it in, but just barely....

I was at work, where I don't have TGC. I was watching the leader board on line while he played 17 & 18. When he bogeyed 17 to go to 5 over for the day I was sweating for him. How tough would that be to stand on 18 knowing that you started the day 6 shots above the number and you were one double from missing it?

I am glad he made it. He seems like a regular guy. It really helps to validate the quality of the Big Break.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I was at work, where I don't have TGC. I was watching the leader board on line while he played 17 & 18. When he bogeyed 17 to go to 5 over for the day I was sweating for him. How tough would that be to stand on 18 knowing that you started the day 6 shots above the number and you were one double from missing it?

Good for him.. it was wierd to hear people say he wasnt good enough to make it. Like you stated he's obviously got some final round gitter issue's, chalk it up to in-experience. Im pumped to see him contend in some events next year. Dude's got game.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Am I the only person who not seems to like him?

His swing is so ugly and he speaks weird stuff in interviews like "I am now one of the best players in the world!"

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

Come on, that quote is taken totally out of context. What Tommy said was, "people(his supporters) have been telling him for years that he belonged on the PGA tour and I am now considered one of the best players in the world."

Meaning: He made his supporters proud and finally accomplished a super difficult goal. Need I say: 1. He didn't have the best finishing round(which he knew) 2. He looked exhausted 3. He l was on the edge of tears(because he made the tour) Jim Furyk's swing is far from pretty, yet he is still inside the world top five... hmm.. Sheesh...

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

You're right about the interview, it was like you said...

but although i am not playing better golf than he does, I still don't like his swing.

But I lift my hat for what he has accomplished so far!

In my Bag:

Lol thats funny cause I was thinking that same thing! there is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way. But, I do like to see people with unconventional swings because it just reinforces my theory that the Impact Position is incredibly underrated. His swing reminds me of Jim Thorpe, just he's not nearly as good as Jim.

His swing reminds me of Jim Thorpe, just he's not nearly as good as Jim.

And not hadicapped if I am right!

In my Bag:

No I agree, there's just something about him that I don't like. It could be that he looks like a complete idiot with two friggin golf gloves on.

I don't know, I can't put my finger on it, but he has bugged me since he was on the Big Break. I mean I normally like the redneck, hayseed go for broke type golfers. I mean Boo Weekley, Bubba Watson, John Daly I love those guys. They are personification of the good ol' boy anti-stuffiness movement I like to see on tour. TTG is just too much. He seems to embody "This is not how a PGA golfer should look/act" movement.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!