IGNORED

What's the hottest weather you've ever golfed in?

divot dave
Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've played golf when it was 110+ when I lived in the 'Valley of the Sun'.  One year my brother-in-law and I played 54 holes over the course of a summer day that was in that type of heat.  I didn't think it was possible to drink that many Gatorades.  Thankfully, Ocotillo, the course we were playing, had a Marshall who would bring cold/wet towels around that you could put on your head - to help bring your body temp down.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was that picture taken, Las Vegas?

Originally Posted by Timothy Voyles

June 15th last year...

on June 15, 2011 the temperature was 107 in Las Vegas.

The thermostat in most cars is rarely accurate. They always read about 5 degrees hot. If you know your cars thermostat to be accurate then thats good, but I have yet to see one that has ever been accurate or lower then the actual temp. They always read hot.

Sincerely, Jim

Hottest ever? Probably a couple years back when I played in New Mexico. Hit something like 112, but low humidity. Up here in PA, it doesn't get quite so hot...I typically play rounds in the summer with temps in the mid 90s, and often times with higher humidity. Last Wednesday I played, temp hit 103 with high humidity...that was brutal.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

The hottest day ever in Las Vegas was 117/118. There was never a 122° day on record in Las Vegas.  I golfed in 105 today, there is a chance of record breaking heat this year also. If it happens, I'll golf it.

2005 was the year that broke the record. It was July 19. 2005. 117/118.

That may be the official high for Vegas proper.  Something I found interesting as a tourist watching the local news is there would be drastically different temps all around the viewing area.   That always stuck with me because I thought it was interesting how the temps could vary so much over such a small distance.  I was there the week of July 19th because I watched the last several holes of the final round of the '05 British Open when Tiger won at St. Andrews from our hotel!!  hahahaha....that's funny  One nice thing is the tourney was over fairly early in the morning "vegas time" so it didn't waste my day away.

PS...It wasn't just hot 1 day.......it was blistering hot every day for the entire week we were in town.  Even the locals were freaking out about the record temps.  I remember watching local news in the evening because everybody was talking about the heat wave.  It was HOT.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

108 yesterday, San Antonio, record high for the month of June. And I was playing 18 after work. It felt so much hotter. The humidity and the temp was killer.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Phoenix, AZ in the summer after 9 AM is just silly. I just happen to live there. I teed off at 1PM last week and it was 112. I lost 9 pounds in one day, had heat stroke an was cramping up so badly I couldn't walk until 2AM that night. Damn, I must love this game!

Originally Posted by thekoreandart

Well done. A buddy of mine and I were thinking of going out yesterday or today but decided against it. I'll make up for it next week.

Where'd you end up playing? (I'm up in Montgomery County)

the abington club in jenkintown pa. nice little 9 hole course with 5 par 4's and 4 par 3's. friendly environment there too.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Where was that picture taken, Las Vegas?

on June 15, 2011 the temperature was 107 in Las Vegas.

The thermostat in most cars is rarely accurate. They always read about 5 degrees hot. If you know your cars thermostat to be accurate then thats good, but I have yet to see one that has ever been accurate or lower then the actual temp. They always read hot.

It was something I had a pic on facebook of that day, I'm fully aware t stats used in cars for ext temps are not 100% accurate, even if it was off by 5 that's still 112, which is way up there. =)

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

Suppose to be 105 today in Atlanta... I am hitting the links after lunch.

best of luck to you! let us know how your round turns out.

IN MY BAG

100* with a heat index of 104*.  It was so hot my shirt wasn't soaked from sweat it was just evaporating off of me.   Front 9 weren't bad but I could feel it on the back 9.

Joe Paradiso

I don't know how you 100 + degree golfers do it. I was just at the driving range during my lunch break... its about 95 today where I work, feels like 98 (says weatherchannel.com) 40 % humidity, and I was roasting! There was no wind which made it probably feel worse, but still... I couldn't imagine going in 100 plus... although if I get the opportunity, i'll likely give it a try just to join the club.

IN MY BAG

Last year I played several times in the middle of the afternoon during July and August.  The worst had a heat index around 108º with high humidity.  It was brutal, couldn't drink enough water and never had to pee.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I've lived in South & Central Florida since 1982 & have played hundreds (if not thousands) of rounds here in that time.

But the hottest day I ever had on a golf course was in New Philadelphia, Ohio - Oak Shadows Golf Course. It was about 96 degrees, but the course is in a valley. It was like DEATH Valley that day. Never experienced heat like that anywhere in Florida at any time.

Is Oak Shadows any good? i live 30 minutes away from New Philly but never played there.

In bag(15 years old on budget):

Driver- Taylor Made Burner 09

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

3 Hybrid- Walter Hagen AWX

4,5 Hybrid- Nicklaus Polarity

6-SW- Nicklaus Polarity Irons

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

The heat index today when we made the turn at Waterway Hills in Myrtle Beach was 116*.  Had to take advantage of every bit of shade we could get and ended up playing 27 holes.  We lost one player after 16 holes due to heat exhaustion, but he was from Vegas and just couldn't handle the 97 degree temperature with 60% humidity, which gave us the heat index of 116.

The good thing is that the course was empty, we could take our time and take a break in the shade when we needed it.

Every summer in Southeast Texas we play in temps at 100F or higher with 100% humidity. It's miserable, but we gonna play. The past couple of weeks we've had heat indeces of 110+ and 90-100% humidity. My buddies and me are literally dripping sweat.

taylormade.gif 2009 Burner 10.5 driver w/ stock shaft

taylormade.gif R7 irons store shelf stock w/ Rocketballz 55 SW

taylormade.gif Rescue 23 degree

taylormade.gif #3 FW 2009 Burner

ping.gif Putter

Whatever earth-dwellers.  I'm too busy playing golf on the Sun with my light-saber and polyester suit.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!