IGNORED

What's the hottest weather you've ever golfed in?

divot dave
Note: This thread is 4288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today its going to be about 96 degrees in Philadelphia. My wife has taken the kids out of town so I plan to suck it up and take advantage of the free time and go golfing.

Just wondering what's the hottest weather you remember golfing in, what the conditions were like on the course, and how that impacted your play...

share your story

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked 18 during a heat wave in DC last summer.  I think it was 105. The last few holes were tough.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

96 degrees and walked. It was a challenge but it didn't feel that bad during the round. I was prepared with water, extra caps and gloves etc......when I got home and sat on the couch I didn't move for about 3 hours. Both guys I was playing with that day were sick afterward. If I remember correctly I played reasonably well.

Hahahah! Bunch of babies. I live in Texas. Enough said.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

I've lived in South & Central Florida since 1982 & have played hundreds (if not thousands) of rounds here in that time.

But the hottest day I ever had on a golf course was in New Philadelphia, Ohio - Oak Shadows Golf Course. It was about 96 degrees, but the course is in a valley. It was like DEATH Valley that day. Never experienced heat like that anywhere in Florida at any time.

Originally Posted by pixel5

lol! I'm just sayin, my wife looked at me like I was crazy for even thinking about going out today... So at least I can point her to this thread as proof that I'm not as crazy as she thinks!

IN MY BAG

i play in palm desert every summer.  most temps are around 104-106, though one day it was 111.  while 104 may be hot, its bearable, you can get used to it.  but 111 was a bit extreme.  still finished the round though.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

100-plus degrees last June in Texas with 70-80% humidity, 115 degrees in Palm Desert CA in August a few years back with lots of water and a cart, humidity 5%.  Desert golf is deceptive because it's so dry that you don't notice that you're perspiring because it evaporates nearly immediately.  In the Houston area it's sweat as soon as you get out of the car and don't expect to get dry until you're back into the A/C.

It's harder on the body to play in the Houston conditions than in the desert conditions in either Palm Springs or Scottsdale in my opinion.

I've lived in Texas - greater Houston area, so lots of 95+ days with high humidity; I've also played in Vegas on a day it was 110+ (but it was a dry heat)

Players play, tough players win!

Originally Posted by pixel5

This.  QFT.  We had 68 days straight of 100 degrees or higher.  The worst I ever played it was really humid and 110 out and I walked.  Almost died, literally.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I'm playing a two day tournament this weekend, Sat & Sun, and it's supposed to be near 100 both days, here in Denver. It will be challenging, but at least it's a shotgun start at 8:00am, so we'll miss most of the brutal heat.

Heat wave over the entire US this week?

Trust those Texas people when they say. I went to Dallas on a business trip a few years ago, in June, and it was 100 with high humidity. It was god aweful.

Early morning tee times are a must when it this hot.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Now this is just insane....

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/golf/story/_/id/6831277/furnace-creek-golf-course-death-valley-california

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Originally Posted by showtime583

Now this is just insane....

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/golf/story/_/id/6831277/furnace-creek-golf-course-death-valley-california

A 134 degrees? Why wonder they called the golf course "Furnace Creek".

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Last year in the heat wave, I played at 2pm, 110 heat index, 90+% humidity. annnnd I'll be playing today after work as well, should be around 93 by time I get out. I live in Delaware by the way.

Originally Posted by Goodfella

Last year in the heat wave, I played at 2pm, 110 heat index, 90+% humidity. annnnd I'll be playing today after work as well, should be around 93 by time I get out. I live in Delaware by the way.

Nice! lol

How were the playing conditions... how was your play affected?

IN MY BAG

I live in Bakersfield so during the summer we constantly play in 100+ weather. On a side note I was in shorts and a wind breaker the day after Christmas so you take the good with the bad.

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

Note: This thread is 4288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!