IGNORED

Sharpie line on the seam?

Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Line on seam?

• Yes ,I need that line for all putts.
    • Yes, need it for some.
    • No, I don't need one.

I use to make a line on the old Prov1 and line that up on every putt as a routine.

I also used that sharpie line to see where I am hitting the ball on my driver and make any adjustments. I sometimes hit outside of center and compensate by moving the head of the driver on my set up.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, it helps me line up my putt, nd I always just trust my line.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• 2 weeks later...
I don't use a line to line up putts because I can't do it on every shot. I would rather force myself to learn how to make a mental image of the target line. When I putt, I put my ball down so I can see nothing but white.

Golf Swing Instruction, Theory, Tips and more at SwingDynamics.Net - so check it out!

• 3 weeks later...
I use the logo of the ball to line up. I use it more to see if the the putt rolls true (logo over logo) than anything else.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

When I first started playing, I watched Davis Love and Brad Faxon lining up the Tour Balata writing along the putt line, so this is not a new phenomenon.

My parents bought me one of those accessories to add the line on the ball a few years ago. I tried using the line in earnest, but

I found I spent a lot of time setting the ball down on the green with the line pointed in the right direction. I would set it down and the ball would veer or move just the smallest amount off-line , especially when I play at my resort in the mountains. UGH! I agree with docmao. I love adding the line to all of my new balls / personalizing them. I never seem to have an issue with identifying which ball is mine, especially when I've lost a couple in a round, replacing the original. "Does it have a green stripe on it? - It's mine!" -Everyone I play with immediately knows which ball is mine.

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

You know, I've never been a big fan of the line on the swing. I always figured that if I couldn't do it every time on every shot, then I better learn how to do it without it.

Last time I played, however, I decided to give it a shot. Low and behold, I did actually putt slightly better than normal. I found the greatest improvement to be on putts within five feet.

I guess the theory of maximizing your advantage whenever possible also works in this case.

Golf Swing Instruction, Theory, Tips and more at SwingDynamics.Net - so check it out!

i used to draw a line, but after i'd spent all day lining up a putt, i would get over it and change my line. slow players are awful, so i just take a look from behind the ball, and pick a location a little higher up than i think the break is. saves time.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I think it will help me, but i only use the brand name to line up my putts. How do you draw perfect lines around the ball???, as i have trouble doing so...
In My Bag ...

Driver - Mx-500 9.5 Regular Shaft.
Fairway Woods - 3 & 7 F-50 Reagular Shafts.
Irons - Mx-19 3-Sw Dynamic Gold Regular ShaftsBag - Aerolite 2Balls - , & Any I Find!Putter - C-Groove Tracy 2Grips - Golf Pride Mulit-Compound Blue GripsA Member Of Hunley Hall G.C.

I think it will help me, but i only use the brand name to line up my putts. How do you draw perfect lines around the ball???, as i have trouble doing so...

Look carefully at the dimples. there is a seam unless you use a bridgestone/precept ball. They have devised a way of not showing you the seam. The rest is easy..relatively.

Easiest way is probably the ring from a gatorade bottle.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

• 4 months later...
I dont line up my putt using the sharpie line or the logo i putt pretty good by not using that and i have mild OCD so it would take me about 15 minutes to line up every putt.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I'll put a sharpie line when I'm practicing.
I'll use the AIM thing on my balls from everywhere, even from inside 3 feet.
I need it to be in the center for me to be confident.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I have the "marked ring" and have really like it.

After pacing off the putt, I pick a line and align the ball, 2-3 practice swings, step up and set up perpendicular, and go.

The ring makes that final setup easier. And stops you from guessing/reguessing on the line. And allows you to back away if needed (ready golf?) and set back up without repeating the whole alignment process.

Maybe it is really only mental ie can one really lineup a 20 foot aiming line to within 1". I doubt that any other method is more accurate or more correctly, all of the alignment techniques are inaccurate. In any case, it make me feel like I could make that long putt. And since I do occasionally make them, I repeat the process.

I really don't use it for short putts ie 3 ft, but then again maybe I should.

It definitely is calming and eliminates one more issue.

As to the gps/rangefinder, I really like them/it too.

Most of the public courses are under marked eg 150 markers only, carts lack gps (and who rides?) and enough markers or my angles are wrong that one would be really off if you used them.

I can get a distance in under 5 seconds, and I can feel comfortable that really is the distance. Most people I play with scoff at it at first. But after a couple of "it's 42 yd to the front edge and 56 to the center", they start asking for distances (if I am nearby; don't want to slow the pace )

Plus with the gps, I get real ball strike distances instead of my overly optimistic estimates. Often a bit disheartening eg that boomed drive is only 210, maybe 190, but useful for that next shot with that club or what to practice.

Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

I find that I putt better when I line the label or the seam up to where it is parallel to my putter head. I feel I have more room to "miss" and don't have to roll it so perfectly to make a putt. If I line the arrow up on the pro v1's, it seems like I have no margin for error as well as not being able to line it up correctly.

Not sure if that made any sense but the bottom line is that I prefer to line the label up vertically from when I am standing over the putt.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

i usually align mine with a line. unless ts a new titleist. they already have the line on there

in my J-bag
DRIVER HS 9 8.5*
WOODS Pro Trajectory 980F 13* and 19*
IRONS MP-32
WEDGES Vokey Design Oil Can 52* 56* 60*PUTTER Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

I actually don't put a line on my ball at all. 90% of the time I play a Pro-V1 and I find it better for me to mark my ball on the green so that I don't see anything when I am above it at address. I use the alignment line on the practice green before a round or when I am practicing but I like to think that I have a good putting rhythm and feel throughout the round and looking down and seeing nothing but the dimples on the ball is a little more peaceful to me, I don't know.

I use the alignment aid on birdie and par putts within a certain distance. I don't know why, but I putt better on long putts without the line.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!