IGNORED

Oh, was that YOUR ball?

reedf
Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah I never pick up balls between fairways, even if it doesn't look like there are any groups around that it could belong too.  Too many times I've seen random balls I thought were lost and then I find my ball nearby and as I'm setting up my shot someone drives up from a hole or two over and claims the ball.

But I play a number of courses where at least one side of many holes is just brush that couldn't be reach from any other hole.  If I've hit one in the brush and see other balls as I'm looking for mine I feel free to pick them up and put them in the shag bag (or play them if they're my current brand).

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a guy grab my yellow zstar a few weeks ago and lie about grabbing it. His ball was 150 yards up the opposite fairway... why even bother? Adjacent fairways and this guy tries to pocket my ball... annoying that he tried to say he grabbed a junk ball. It was 3 holes old, had my initials on it. When he threw the ball over his shoulder towards the water he smarted off about not hitting into other fairways, as if I did it on purpose? Some people are just jerks...

Originally Posted by Timothy Voyles

Had a guy grab my yellow zstar a few weeks ago and lie about grabbing it. His ball was 150 yards up the opposite fairway... why even bother? Adjacent fairways and this guy tries to pocket my ball... annoying that he tried to say he grabbed a junk ball. It was 3 holes old, had my initials on it. When he threw the ball over his shoulder towards the water he smarted off about not hitting into other fairways, as if I did it on purpose? Some people are just jerks...

Hah, reminds me of guys who hit a terrible shot into an adjacent fairway and then drive over in a frenzy because they think you're playing their ball out of your own fairway.  Excuse me sir..I saw where my ball went the whole way because you know..I kept it on the whole I was actually playing!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Yeah I love that conversation.

"Don't hit that!!!"

"Why not? It's my ball."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, or I wouldn't be hitting it, ****face."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was playing a dogleg right 350 yards or something like that and I cut the corner and drove up to my ball. Im about 60 yards out in the rough short and right. We then go to my buddys ball cuz he was further out and we were waiting for the green to clear. The group finishes putting out then one guy walks back towards my ball and picks it up and puts it in his pocket. I asked him about it but I saw his hand shuffling in his pocket then pulls out a different ball and shows me, "This is my ball" I wasnt 100 percent sure there wasnt another ball there so I gave him the benefit of the doubt for some stupid reason then I looked around where my ball was and it was gone. I caught back up to him like 2 holes later but he was already leaving the the tee box and I said hey man you took my ball and he said, "no i only play titleist" and drove off. MINE WAS A TITLEIST YOU A-HOLE! but 2 holes later its too late to make a scene. the ball was probably long gone and the hole was over. It just shocked me. some people

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!