Jump to content
IGNORED

Sunglasses on back of cap??


Recommended Posts

Ditto to the playing with sunglasses on.  I have a couple of different ones for different times of day/ lighting conditions, but I nearly always have some sort of sunglasses available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I need to take off my sunglasses during a round, or when I go inside I put them on the back of my hat.

I don't like the way they sit up on the bill and I think they feel much more secure on the back.

I don't try to emulate the pros, that's just what feels comfortable to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost always wear sun glasses when playing golf.

I pretty much don't to anything outdoors without my sun glasses.

I don't think I would survive in Florida with my shades... Quality sun glasses are a must IMO, and polarized lenses are worth the extra cost. No gas station sun glasses for me... Oakley and ray-ban all the way. I have found that quality lenses eliminate basically all distortion that may affect putting.

If I do take my glasses off, they go on top of my hat,and rest on the bill, not across the back where I am sure they would fall off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Andrew Gibson

I almost always wear sun glasses when playing golf.

I pretty much don't to anything outdoors without my sun glasses.

I don't think I would survive in Florida with my shades... Quality sun glasses are a must IMO, and polarized lenses are worth the extra cost. No gas station sun glasses for me... Oakley and ray-ban all the way. I have found that quality lenses eliminate basically all distortion that may affect putting.

If I do take my glasses off, they go on top of my hat,and rest on the bill, not across the back where I am sure they would fall off.

So... Florida is brighter than anyplace else? I lived in Colorado for nearly 40 years... not only sunny most of the year but 5000 to 14000 feet higher too.  You haven't seen bright until you've been in snow covered mountains in winter on a sunny day of skiing.  Now I live in the Bahamas, with very similar sun exposure to Florida (Long Island has more beach than it has not beach).  Yet I rarely wear sunglasses.  At 65 I still only wear corrective lenses for reading.  Going fishing today - will be out on the boat all day so I will be wearing them for that, and a wide brimmed hat as well ( I ways wear the wide brimmed hat for golf instead of sunglasses).

My point being that the human eye is in general adaptable to most of the sun conditions we face.  Sunglasses aren't a physiological necessity for most people under most conditions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

My point being that the human eye is in general adaptable to most of the sun conditions we face.  Sunglasses aren't a physiological necessity for most people under most conditions.

Yes, but you know most of the people are not average...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by luu5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

My point being that the human eye is in general adaptable to most of the sun conditions we face.  Sunglasses aren't a physiological necessity for most people under most conditions.

Yes, but you know most of the people are not average...

I wore mine all day today out on the water fishing, on the front of my face where they belong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't imagine going out for any extended period of time without my shades, much less trying to play golf without them.  I've golfed in Colorado, too...I agree it's really bright there (less atmosphere to stop those harmful UV rays as well).

I played for years with glasses before I got Lasik several years ago.  Not sure why I'd have a problem with shades.  I can tell the ball from the green/fairway so I'm not sure what the problem would be.

As for the comments about putting the glove in the back pocket earlier in the thread, I put mine on my hand.  All the time.  I thought most of us did that (except for a few who remove it for putting).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear sunglasses for golf always (Tifosi that were recommended on thesandtrap actually) b/c I'm worried about UV rays. If I take them off for a short time, I'll put them on back of my head b/c they're more secure and I'm actually less likely to forget they're there than if they're on front. I wear a hat too. I'm in the market for a good fishing type hat for golf. Idk, for some reason I've become concerned about my skin. I'm actually investing in long sleeve polos and golf pants to block the UV rays. I'm probably going overboard, but it's a small sacrifice even if I'm only improving my skin/eyes slightly imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jgreen85

I wear sunglasses for golf always (Tifosi that were recommended on thesandtrap actually) b/c I'm worried about UV rays. If I take them off for a short time, I'll put them on back of my head b/c they're more secure and I'm actually less likely to forget they're there than if they're on front. I wear a hat too. I'm in the market for a good fishing type hat for golf. Idk, for some reason I've become concerned about my skin. I'm actually investing in long sleeve polos and golf pants to block the UV rays. I'm probably going overboard, but it's a small sacrifice even if I'm only improving my skin/eyes slightly imo.

I love the Tifosi line. I have 5-6 pairs, maybe more. I've paid as little as $14.99 from the golf outlet stores on ebay. Got my grey stripe Mast with GT lenses on top of my head now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dave67az

I can't imagine going out for any extended period of time without my shades, much less trying to play golf without them.  I've golfed in Colorado, too...I agree it's really bright there (less atmosphere to stop those harmful UV rays as well).

I played for years with glasses before I got Lasik several years ago.  Not sure why I'd have a problem with shades.  I can tell the ball from the green/fairway so I'm not sure what the problem would be.

As for the comments about putting the glove in the back pocket earlier in the thread, I put mine on my hand.  All the time.  I thought most of us did that (except for a few who remove it for putting).

I choose my hats based on whether or not the brim accomodates my sunglasses. Thought about lasik but never pulled the trigger. Regarding the glove, there must be a lot of guys channeling Freddie Couples of Jonathan Byrd where I play because most guys in the championship flight were gloveless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the way my sun glasses are shapped along with my bill/hat it was more comfortable to wear them backwards. This was due to the hat causing the glasses to move fwd a half inch causing the arms to sueeze tighter...bent the frames slightly and viola... Simple fix.
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I would beg to differ that this is done because pro golfers do it! I know regular people just going about their business in a day who do that, people at the beach, hunters, fishers, It may be a style thing for some but just a natural motion and act for others!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Motley01

Zach Johnson doesn't even take his sunglasses off.

yes he does......

......he wears them on the back of his cap just like all the other pros......LOL...IMO...he is one of the biggest "back of the cap" offenders!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If a sponsor pays you thousands of dollars to put their name on your hat, they are going to make sure you don't cover it with your sunglasses.  That's the only reason they don't put them on the bill of the cap anymore.  Until a few years ago, nobody put them on the back of their head.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 7 years later...

Not causing stirred pickled pigs feet,

I have been wearing my sunglasses upside down on my hat because when ur at bar at night...to much pressure on temples.  I have been doing this since early 2000's/90's.  It is more comfortable and leaves less the same crease in/on your hat than you may like.  Throw em' upside down and chill! The only reason I started the trend was cause it was more comfy than standard. Can't do it with every pair of glasses, but it eases tension on the brain...especially out socializing if choosing to. But, keep on keeping on.  I did it for comfort, rather than appearance.  To each its own...right.  So just do what you want and who cares what others think! Happy cheers have some beers! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I've always been curious about this, especially since I've lost a few head covers and always see a few sprinkled on the course.
    • I'll do my best to get it done and have some fun along the way. I don't have any particular courses in mind. But whenever I travel I try to get to a course nearby, if the trip isn't dedicated just for golf. If you have any suggestions of your favorites, feel free to let me know. Thanks for the response.
    • Day 17 (of last 18, 4 in a row) - Did some putting with the smart ball.  Also felt like my weight was ending on my right side, so I worked to feel like my weight finished on my left.  Tried stepping down on my left heal to start the forward stroke.  Seemed to feel pretty good.
    • Ok. So here's  the info from the last three sessions.... just so everyone knows when I'm hitting well, most of my clubs go around tour average , when I'm hitting  super good maybe ten yards  farther for my irons.. So I'm just trying to lock in the draw. My natural swing is a fade. First session, slight  head wind. Hitting some pretty decent draws. Second session, slight tail wind, but mostly right to left, huge draws. Today it was so still you could probably hear a ball landing off a 500 yard tee shot, couldn't hardly curve the ball.  What really gets me is when I over exaggerated the in to out action on my swing a hardly got any curve. But what was strangest was I had a lot of these shots that started right and even started to curve back left but then they stopped  just started flying straight  right after appearing to begin curving back. So they ending up being more of a push. What was more weird  was when they reached the Apex of their flight and started to fall they drifted from left to right. But there was zero wind and they began curving from right to left before  they stalled... it happened over and over. Some of the strangest ball flights I've ever seen. What's going on?      
    • 73 (+2) today in breezy and cool conditions.  Had a few bad swings but overall pretty happy with how I played.  Hit 14 greens...made a couple birdies but left a couple out there.   Encouraged that the SuperSpeed work I've done has been positive.  Can tell the swing faster but I don't feel out of control.  Only a couple bad drives but neither cost me very much...
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. casamarina
      casamarina
      (64 years old)
    2. Coach crabb
      Coach crabb
      (54 years old)
    3. jaxxes
      jaxxes
      (30 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...