IGNORED

Aftermarket shaft or not

Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all out there in golf world. Im new to this and was wanting everyone input on whether i should replace my stock shaft in my taylormade r11s. It has the 60g rip phenom stiff shaft in it. I was wondering if a aftermarket shaft will give me more distance and little bit better accuracy. Whats the best shaft to get ive heard alot. Project x, matrix. Adilia remember im new to this please be gentle im still a child when it comes to all of this. I usually buy a club and hit it now im getting better i want to help my game out in anyway possible.

If you have a pretty consistent swing then yes an aftermarket shaft will help, but it is likely you will have to spend around $200. If you have the money then it wouldnt be the worst investment.

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

2012-07-14 16.58.37.jpg I have the funds to get a aftermarket shaft. i went to dicks sporting goods and the pro let me hit some balls with the swing monitor i have all my specs. was just wondering what the best shaft would be for me. dont pay any attention to the first swing it wasnt me.  The 7th one i took my eye off the ball and topped it.  as you can see i should have started over after i got warmed up my last swing was my fastest thats about as fast as i can swing with control.

There is no "best" shaft, or at least as far as we on the internet can tell you. You'll need to get on a monitor with a bunch of shafts and find that one that optimizes your launch conditions. If you've got the means to buy an aftermarket shaft, you should have the means for a proper fitting.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

There is no "best" shaft, or at least as far as we on the internet can tell you. You'll need to get on a monitor with a bunch of shafts and find that one that optimizes your launch conditions.

If you've got the means to buy an aftermarket shaft, you should have the means for a proper fitting.

Exactly what he said. And i wouldnt do it at dicks either, i dont trust them

The price of the shaft means nothing.  The shaft that best fits your swing, is the best shaft for you, regardless of what it costs.  Time to see a fitter!

isnt that what i posted up there thats all a fitting is swing specs isnt it.  considering were i live dicks is the only place around that can do a fitting and thats what i have in the picture up above.  im just wondering what brand to go with motore speeder, project x, adilia,

isnt that what i posted up there thats all a fitting is swing specs isnt it.  considering were i live dicks is the only place around that can do a fitting and thats what i have in the picture up above.  im just wondering what brand to go with motore speeder, project x, adilia,

No. You would need to hit each shaft. You can't just extrapolate based on how you hit the stock shaft.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

this is twice i have had it done at dicks. the pro told me i should be using stiff shafts and the clubs were the right size for me they didnt need cut down. so i have no clue were to go from here unless i wait till i go to the beach next month and find someone down there.

thanks for all the help guys i guess ill just have to wing it because there isnt anywhere close to try different shafts were i live.  it sucks i dont have other options i would just like some added distance and control. thanks guys.

A shaft is personal. We cannot tell you what you need. You need to try many different shafts and find the ones that fit you best. I could name a dozen great shafts, doesnt mean any of them would be good to you. Find a place with a fitting cart (if you have an easily interchangeable shaft like some of the new adjustables), and match shafts to your driver head till you get ballflight, distance, and spin (or lackthereof) on the ball.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by funkstr1974

thanks for all the help guys i guess ill just have to wing it because there isnt anywhere close to try different shafts were i live.  it sucks i dont have other options i would just like some added distance and control. thanks guys.

Whatever you do, DO NOT JUST WING IT. You are a 12 hcp you will not be a scratch golfer with this new shaft. Wait until there is a demo day so you can try out each shaft in your range so you  can find the right shaft for you. Putting in the wrong shaft will only make it worse

I am not an expert but it looks like your contact is pretty low (i.e. smash factor of less than 1.4 and more like 1.3 on the high end ones). Now I don't trust a dicks machine 100% but you might want to try and up that a bit before dropping 200 bucks on a shaft because in theory there are 20 or so yards there.  Of course some of this could be from the shaft not matching your swing

Originally Posted by funkstr1974

I have the funds to get a aftermarket shaft. i went to dicks sporting goods and the pro let me hit some balls with the swing monitor i have all my specs. was just wondering what the best shaft would be for me. dont pay any attention to the first swing it wasnt me.  The 7th one i took my eye off the ball and topped it.  as you can see i should have started over after i got warmed up my last swing was my fastest thats about as fast as i can swing with control.

Once my funds stabilize from all of my purchases, my driver will have a Fukikura Motore Speeder  Red VC 7.0, my 3 wood will have the same brand but a  Blue VC 7.1.  My hybrids now have  the Matrix Kujoh's and my irons have Aerotech Steelfiber i70's.  This is all from a fitting where they handed me a different clubs with different shafts while I hit them on the monitor to find the best launch.  You just can't grab a shaft and expect it to be the best.

You might just look into sending your current shaft off and have it SST Pured.  Golfsmith can do it for you, or you can look up on the SST Pured site and find the closest fitter that can do it.  Then you know your current shaft is giving you all it can.

Just my .02 cents.

Spend your money on lessons, build a swing then worry about fine tuning your equipment.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Oh....and for GOD's sake, get rid of that orange sh*t!;-)

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys i appreciate it. As for you Lblack14 go **** yourself and dont worry about what i wear better than anything you wear smart ass.

Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!