IGNORED

Aftermarket shaft or not

Note: This thread is 4297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Where do you live?  I am sure we can find a clubfitter in your area other than Dick's.

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

thanks again guys i called around and narrowed my choices down to two places man o war golf in lexington ky or murphys golf in akron ohio both about 3 hours one is $30 using vector launch system the other is $75 using radar both are legit  one top 100 golf fitter by pga in 2008. other has top 100 pros in kentucky 4 years running which one do you think.

I dont know what you are expecting out of this new shaft to justify driving 6 hours both ways and spending alot of money. I am sure there are other aspects of your game that you can work on especially since you are only a 12 hcp.

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys i appreciate it. As for you Lblack14 go **** yourself and dont worry about what i wear better than anything you wear smart ass.

I reckon you don't speak emoticon and for that..... [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292609/width/300/height/289][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292609/width/300/height/289[/IMG][/URL] Right back atcha!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

it wasnt six hours each way 6 total and if i gain 20 yards off the tee with a new shaft ill bet my life it will save me at least 4 strokes a round.  got fitted fujikura motore F3 70.  closer i am to hitting 7 iron to pw money in the bank.

Originally Posted by funkstr1974

it wasnt six hours each way 6 total and if i gain 20 yards off the tee with a new shaft ill bet my life it will save me at least 4 strokes a round.  got fitted fujikura motore F3 70.  closer i am to hitting 7 iron to pw money in the bank.

20 yards won't save you four strokes to be honest. I think you're overestimating what a shaft can do at your specific level/handicap.

|   Callaway Diablo Octane Driver (9.5*, graphite, stiff)   |  

|   Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Fairway Wood (15*, graphite, stiff)   |

|   Cobra Baffler T-Rail Hybrid (19*, graphite, stiff)   |

|   Callaway Razr X HL 4-PW (steel, stiff)   |

|   Callaway X-Series Jaws Chrome Wedges (54.12, 58.8, steel, stiff) |

|   Vulcan Putter   |

|   Callaway Diablo HX Diablo, Bridgestone E6 Balls |

gee if im playing a stock shaft completely wrong for me and i get a shaft suited for my swing.  dont tell me im not going to see a significant change in distance at least 15 yards i trust the man i talked to today gave me some pointers lesson if you will.  heavier shaft for my muscular buff frame. lets see i shot a 82 last week should be able to get in the 70's after my shaft gets here ill post it since i know everyone is interested in it.  like i said before closer to the green the easier it become to get on in 2.

[Note to self]   Never post an "intimidating" internet pose down when there are stuffed animals behind you. [/Note to self]

• Upvote 1

funkstr1974

Some of these responses are good advice.But, anyone that tells you to spend your money on lessons first, before your equipment....is probably a PGA teaching Pro.

You are on the right track by looking at aftermarket shafts. There's a huge difference in quality in materials between the two and if you have a good Club Maker build your clubs, you will see measurable differences. You still need to make a good swing but, with the proper shaft, you will get the feed back you need to groove a swing and lower your HCP.

You should also have your irons checked as well. Most people take the marking on the shaft to be the true Flex they bought..... Not even close to being accurate. Have all your shaft flex's checked and you will be amazed at what you will find.

And anyone that tells equipment before a learning how to hit the ball is probably an equipment rep If his smash factor went from ~1.3 to 1.45 with a new shaft, then it is a great investment. If he is still at 1.3 he now has an expensive shaft and a swing that needs work. And after doing that work, he might need a new shaft.

Originally Posted by JayBirdie

funkstr1974

Some of these responses are good advice.But, anyone that tells you to spend your money on lessons first, before your equipment....is probably a PGA teaching Pro.

You are on the right track by looking at aftermarket shafts. There's a huge difference in quality in materials between the two and if you have a good Club Maker build your clubs, you will see measurable differences. You still need to make a good swing but, with the proper shaft, you will get the feed back you need to groove a swing and lower your HCP.

You should also have your irons checked as well. Most people take the marking on the shaft to be the true Flex they bought..... Not even close to being accurate. Have all your shaft flex's checked and you will be amazed at what you will find.

thanks for the advice.  the club fitter today put me in a fujikura motore f3 70, he also said i need heavier iron shafts my are 85grams he said i probably would need around 120g.  he checked all my clubs for me i dont have the cash to reshaft my irons right now just my driver.  i have a good swing just sometimes i let my mind wonder and forget to swing properly causing a fade from time to time not very often.  just need more practice inside 80yards definately.

Note: This thread is 4297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!